• You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails 1.5 is coming soon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 June 2022 - 10:40 AM

Version 1.4 was published on 19-Oct-2021, so perhaps it's time to think about Version 1.5.

We are very grateful for all the bug fixes since v1.4, of course, but they don't make for good publicity.

The Project Team have picked out the following key items for the announcement and video:

• End Of Train devices
  • Container management
  • Distributed Power display and web-page indicator
  • Timetable loading bar
  • HUD extended for diesel-mechanical loco
  • 64-bit compatibility lifting the 3GB RAM limit
  • Better use of VRAM

Watch this space !

#2 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 August 2022 - 02:36 PM

I am curious to try the developments made on this version.
The Team is really working hard to develop this simulator at its best, and I always remember that this has great potential ..
I hope that from version 1.6 we can also see some graphic and technical improvements regarding weather phenomena and general rendering .. I really believe in the development of Open Rails, and therefore I can only continue to thank you!

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 09 August 2022 - 11:44 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 09 August 2022 - 02:36 PM, said:

I am curious to try the developments made on this version.

This advance notice is for the next Stable Version of Open Rails, which is only weeks away.

Because of the way we develop new versions, you can get all the benefits of this Stable Version early by changing your installation to use the Testing Version using Options > Updater.

#4 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 10 August 2022 - 12:48 AM

Hopefully they will be able to fix the bugs found in the last quarter before. Missing smoke effects of towed vehicles, non-functionality of the second diesel-mechanical locomotive in the train, or problems with the electric heating of the cars.

#5 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:34 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 09 August 2022 - 11:44 PM, said:

This advance notice is for the next Stable Version of Open Rails, which is only weeks away.

Because of the way we develop new versions, you can get all the benefits of this Stable Version early by changing your installation to use the Testing Version using Options > Updater.

Thank You Chris, i have done that!

#6 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 August 2022 - 12:52 PM

For 1.5 we'll be following the same process as 1.4

Current version: 1.5-rc3

We need people to download the installer, ZIP file, and source from GitHub and find any outstanding serious issues.

ORMT will ultimately decide which fixes are applied to 1.5, but the following is the guide we will be following:

• Manual and translation updates are fine (as long as they apply to features included in 1.5)
  • Crashes starting a whole route (all activities/timetables) or more
  • Serious gameplay issue affecting popular and/or large quantity of content
  • Anything else which will have a large impact

Please report all issues found in this thread so that we can be sure we're tracking everything. It is vitally important that every reported issue includes enough information that ORMT can be sure it is worthwhile fixing the issue at this time.

We will release a new release candidate each time a fix is made. When that happens, I will update this post and post a new reply to this thread.

We will release Open Rails 1.5 once we have gone two weeks with no new issues meeting the criteria.

You can also preview our release page and detailed changelog and report issues with those.

Tested platforms

• None so far

Known issues and status

#7 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:00 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 15 August 2022 - 12:52 PM, said:

Please report all issues found in this thread so that we can be sure we're tracking everything.

View PostSYogurt, on 15 August 2022 - 05:55 PM, said:

Selfishly I'd really like flashing ditch lights upon horn blasts for eastern railroads. I've been hacking my way around that with duplicate keybinds for years! Excited for the changes.

To keep this thread on topic, I have moved some posts with discussion of possible new features to a dedicated topic at Wishes for v1.6

#8 User is offline   strawberryfield 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:OpenRails, Rail3D

Posted 16 August 2022 - 07:52 AM

I have just sent a pull-request with an updated Italian translation

#9 User is offline   A D REID 

• Apprentice

Post icon  Posted 16 August 2022 - 09:28 AM

ORTS 1.5 Graphical Issue

I've tried running an activity (A01: Appleyard to Cashmere v2.03) from open_rails_starter_tutorial_2.zip -- the ground is BLACK (it should be white). The same effect may be seen by choosing "Explore Route" on BNSF Scenic Sub (select 9:00 Spring Snow). I used path WB_Grain (MERRITT to EVERETT) and consist BNSF Grain (loads).

I have attached my log file, but it does not seem to reveal much -- I have screenshots (but I am unable to attach them to this reply).

Attached File  OpenRailsLog 2022-08-06b.txt (10.82K)
Number of downloads: 192

My screenshots are in the attached zip file.

Attached File  ORTS 1.5 Screenshots.zip (1.4MB)
Number of downloads: 218

Regards,
Dan Reid

#10 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 16 August 2022 - 09:18 PM

Even in the test of the new stable version 1.5-rc1 I encountered the following problems:
1. For now, problems with the electric heating of the train continue. The new function ORTSElectricTrainSupply will reduce the traction power of diesel-electric locomotives according to the settings of individual wagons, but nothing goes into the wagons.
The temperature set by the ORTSHeateringCompartmentTemperatureSet parameter does not work. After the train is loaded into the simulator, it gradually drops to zero even when the train's power supply is turned on.
The problem occurs with electric and diesel-electric traction. The steam heating of the train is fine and working. Thread here

2. There are still problems with the diesel-mechanical power transmission:
Each additional locomotive or motor car included in the train does not participate in the performance. The engine is revving but the power output is zero (0kW).
The train this works with half power.
If there are two identical locomotives in a set, Open Rails will skip the second locomotive. So the second and next drive vehicle must have a different .eng file name.
This is not a severe defect, nor in the real world do copies of the same propulsion vehicles run on the same train. However, this feature only applies to drive vehicles with diesel-mechanical transmission of traction power. I am aware of the fact that the diesel-mechanical transmission of traction power is still being developed and is not complete. Thread here and here.

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users