• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR NewYear MG Rate Topic: ****- 4 Votes

#341 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:59 AM

Rel. 44 of OR NewYear MG is available as always here http://www.interazio..._NewYear_MG.zip .
It is aligned with unstable rel. U2019.12.04-2036 of the official OR, which does include Monogame. To see what the official unstable release includes, check here https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app

The list of additional features to such unstable release present in OR NewYear MG is as follows:

- addition of track sounds in the sound debug window (by dennisat)
- F5 HUD scrolling by mbm_OR (with improvement requested by steamer_ctn)
- checkbox in General Options tab to enable or disable watchdog
- increase of remote horn sound volume level
- when car is selected through the F9 window, the car's brake line in the extended brake HUD is highlighted in yellow, see here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__248023 (by mbm_or)
- improved distance management in roadcar camera
- signal script parser (by perpetualKid): reduces CPU time needed for signal management
- true optional 64-bit management, allowing to use more than 4 GB of memory, if available, in Win64 systems (by perpetualKid, with some small tailoring by myself)
- general options checkbox for optional run at 32 bit on Win64 (to avoid slight train shaking bug)
- added Train Driving Info window (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__251671 and following posts), by mbm_OR
- Train Driving Info window may be translated in other languages (done for Italian), by mbm_OR
- 32bit running set as default, to avoid 64 bit shakings and flickerings
- NEW: inserted extended Raildriver setup, as present in OR Ultimate (by perpetualKid)
- NEW: corrected bug causing a crash in Train Driving window (by mbm_OR)
- NEW: corrected German translation in debug info HUD causing crash

When running on Win64, if the player privileges having more than 4GB of memory available, he will uncheck the related option checkbox; if instead he prefers to avoid unneeded train shaking, he will check the box (which is default) and will have only a maximum of 4GB memory available. In this second case RunActivity32.exe is run. Note that this hopefully is only a temporary solution.
Note for developers: Runactivity32.exe is not generated by building the pack, but manually doing a copy of Runactivity.exe, renaming it Runactivity32.exe, and using on the Developer Command Prompt command corflags with the modifier -32BITPREF+

NOTE: ReShade 4.3.0 or older must be used. ReShade 4.4.2 doesn't work here. See here http://www.elvastowe...mg-and-reshade/ for an installation guide of ReShade.

When running on Win64, if you are running OR at 64 bit (option not checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails64.exe; if you are running OR at 32 bit (option checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails.exe.

It is suggested to unpack the .zip using 7zip, if other unpackers lead to problems.

Release 43 can still be downloaded from here http://interazioni-e...G_oldrecent.zip .

Kind request: as written above, this release includes the improvements that perpetualKid has added to the RailDriver management. As I don't have a RailDriver, I don't know if they work. So I ask people owning a RailDriver to test this version and report here.

#342 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:46 PM

Hi Carlo,
Have tried Rel. 44, raildriver will not start, another strange thing is, if you run activity fullscreen, it minimises to taskbar as soon as it loads.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (15.71K)
Number of downloads: 4

#343 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

Andy,
thanks for testing.
I checked, and saw that the minimization problem occurs also in the last unstable version.
I have now uploaded a rev. 44.1 that solves the problem.
Re the Raildriver problem: do you see the Raildriver tab in the menu options?

#344 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:34 AM

Yes, raildriver tab visible in options, also uses button setup from ultimate version.
Andy.

#345 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:44 AM

Hi Carlo

It appears at first sight that you have amended something in Rev.44.1 that has alleviated the FPS problem I referred to earlier. However I seem to be getting better FPS when I run at 32 bit rather than 64 on my 64 bit set-up - is that to be expected? I will let you know for sure when I have had more time to experiment.

Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do for the community.

Martin

PS/edit. It looks like I wrote too soon. I appear still to have the FPS problem. I will do a few comparisons with other versions and post again.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue with FPS?

#346 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:35 AM

View Postandybest69, on 05 December 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hi Carlo,
Have tried Rel. 44, raildriver will not start, another strange thing is, if you run activity fullscreen, it minimises to taskbar as soon as it loads.

Attachment OpenRailsLog.txt

Andy,
I have found a major missing statement in the RD code. I have now added it and uploaded a rev 44.2. Could you kindly test if now the Raildriver comes to life?

#347 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:33 AM

Hi Carlo,
Raildriver working perfectly with rev 44.2, many thanks for your efforts, always appreciated.
Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (20.04K)
Number of downloads: 1
Andy.

#348 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:36 AM

Great, thanks for cooperation :thumbup3:

#349 User is offline   Harry 

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

which version do we need? OR NewYear MG or Unstable?

This post has been edited by Harry: 13 December 2019 - 04:26 AM

#350 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:40 AM

Although I have had a busy week, I have now carried out a few tests to see the FPS figures for 5 different versions of OR, over 2 different activities. My results are illustrated in the attached image. When running OR normally I use Vertcal sync. and get great results, but if the FPS drops below 60, which can happen in a graphically demanding route, I do suffer from graphic stutters even when the figure is above 30, which I gather is about the limit of the human eyes' abilities.

I have used the Dorset Coast route for both activities, which is known to be pretty 'heavy duty' as far as graphics are concerned. I believe the absolute figures of FPS are irrelevant since they can obviously be affected by various options in OR (eg. shadows). However, the relative figures do seem to point to possible issues. In each case I have selected Autopilot and I have noted the Initial FPS (after it has had a moment to settle). The player train gets the 'Right away' 1 minute into each activity, and I have noted the FPS at this time. I have also allowed the activities to run for a further minute and noted the FPS at this time too.

I wondered in my earlier post if 'Updater process' (shown in the F5 HUD) was having some impact on the results, since this does seem to vary considerably between OR versions. Opening the 'Debug information' screen in the HUD seems to have a dramatic effect on the FPS. I have also therefore noted the 'Updater process' percentage at the 2 minute stage, and the final column shows the indicated FPS with this screen open.

I also attach a screen dump of an exit message I get with ORMG New Year - which suggests an 'Updater process' issue. What even is 'Updater process'?

I hope that this gives some clue as to what may be going on, and helps to point to ways to optimise the code.

Martin

Attached File(s)

• 203 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Snootnose