• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR NewYear MG Rate Topic: ****- 4 Votes

#331 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:17 PM

Thank you everyone, And Csantucci, thank you for this version of OR, I use it almost exclusively now.

#332 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Hello

I am an absolute fan of OR New Year MG, but I am having trouble with FPS rates in the latest (rev 42) version. I have taken screen dumps from (pretty much) the same place in the same activity using Rev 42 in both 64 bit and 32 bit versions, and for comparison in Rev 35, Unstable v2321 and Testing v1.3.1-103. To try to get consistency I set the activity to run with autopilot. I have v-sync set so would expect (hope for) 60fps. With Rev 42 I am getting 44/45 in both 32 and 64 bit, but the other three OR versions do indeed deliver 60fps, although the Testing version seems to be at about its limit with fps occasionally dropping to, say, 57/58. This is probably a function of the Testing version not yet being Monogame. Rev 42 also shows 'stutter - perhaps not surprising given the fps figures.

Initially I thought that the 'Updater process' shown in the F5 HUD was causing the problem somehow, since it is at or around 100% in Rev 42, whereas it hovers around 50% in Testing and Unstable. However, reinstalling Rev 35 shows 'Updater process' to be about 100% while happily delivering 60fps. Maybe there are 2 distinct issues.

I hope there is enough here to help identify whatever issues are causing the fps hit.

Martin

Attached File(s)

#333 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:34 AM

Hello again

A little postscript. I have discovered 2 more things.

First, I have run Rev42 64 bit again, but this time using the new HUD (Ctrl-F5) and NOT the old (F5) HUD and I do not suffer the same fps hit. However, on opening the old HUD a real serious fps hit occurs when on the Dispatcher Information and Debug Information pages - the other pages have less impact.

Second, on leaving the Debug Information page open there appears to be a cumulative effect, with fps drifting down to 32/33 after 15 minutes of running.

Hope this helps.

Martin

#334 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:04 AM

Rel. 43 of OR NewYear MG is available as always here http://www.interazio..._NewYear_MG.zip .
It is aligned with unstable rel. U2019.11.23-0506 of the official OR, which does include Monogame. To see what the official unstable release includes, check here https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app

The list of additional features to such unstable release present in OR NewYear MG is as follows:

- addition of track sounds in the sound debug window (by dennisat)
- F5 HUD scrolling by mbm_OR (with improvement requested by steamer_ctn)
- checkbox in General Options tab to enable or disable watchdog
- increase of remote horn sound volume level
- when car is selected through the F9 window, the car's brake line in the extended brake HUD is highlighted in yellow, see here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__248023 (by mbm_or)
- improved distance management in roadcar camera
- signal script parser (by perpetualKid): reduces CPU time needed for signal management
- true optional 64-bit management, allowing to use more than 4 GB of memory, if available, in Win64 systems (by perpetualKid, with some small tailoring by myself)
- general options checkbox for optional run at 32 bit on Win64 (to avoid slight train shaking bug)
- added Train Driving Info window (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__251671 and following posts), by mbm_OR
- Train Driving Info window may be translated in other languages (done for Italian), by mbm_OR
- 32bit running set as default, to avoid 64 bit shakings and flickerings
- NEW: added management of integer divisions in new signal script parser
- NEW: inserted tentative correction for Raildriver malfunctioning (by perpetualKid)

When running on Win64, if the player privileges having more than 4GB of memory available, he will uncheck the related option checkbox; if instead he prefers to avoid unneeded train shaking, he will check the box (which is default) and will have only a maximum of 4GB memory available. In this second case RunActivity32.exe is run. Note that this hopefully is only a temporary solution.
Note for developers: Runactivity32.exe is not generated by building the pack, but manually doing a copy of Runactivity.exe, renaming it Runactivity32.exe, and using on the Developer Command Prompt command corflags with the modifier -32BITPREF+

NOTE: ReShade 4.3.0 or older must be used. ReShade 4.4.2 doesn't work here. See here http://www.elvastowe...mg-and-reshade/ for an installation guide of ReShade.

When running on Win64, if you are running OR at 64 bit (option not checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails64.exe; if you are running OR at 32 bit (option checked) you must point ReShade to OpenRails.exe.

It is suggested to unpack the .zip using 7zip, if other unpackers lead to problems.

Release 42 can still be downloaded from here http://interazioni-e...G_oldrecent.zip .

#335 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:06 AM

View Postandybest69, on 06 November 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

Hi Carlo,
Since release 36 I've not been able to use my raildriver, it won't start, I just get the 3 lines in display. It was fine for release 35.
Attachment OpenRailsLog.txt

Can you check if your problem has been solved with release 43?

#336 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:53 AM

Hi Carlo,
using release 43, raildriver starts, blue buttons all work, no response from levers or lights/wiper switches, its like only the neutral state is being read, if you use keyboard press to set reverser, it reverts back to neutral, same with throttle & brake. Have run with both 64bit & 32 bit choice set, same with either. Thanks for your work on this.Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (13.36K)
Number of downloads: 2

#337 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

For the RD I rely on the support of an OR developer that has a RD. I don't. Unfortunately he is absent in these weeks, so the cure to your problem will be delayed. Sorry

#338 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

No problem Carlo, I appreciate your efforts in this. I have tried the ultimate version but it won't start any activity. I can keep using release 35 for now, Thanks
Andy.

#339 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

View Postandybest69, on 26 November 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I have tried the ultimate version but it won't start any activity.
Andy.

there's been an issue when Logging was activated, which is fixed now - should run fine, else let me know.

#340 User is offline   andybest69 

• Apprentice

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:06 AM

I didn't know about the logging problem, have just tried ultimate-1.3.1-209-a7c033569, with logging on - not running activity, logging off runs activity, not sure if this is latest version as update check failed.

Downloaded Ultimate1.3.1-144-d77821976 from Github, all good now, Thanks for your help.

• 204 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. slipperman