• You cannot reply to this topic

OR NewYear MG Rate Topic: ****- 4 Votes

#311 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:29 PM

Hi Folks,

In case you missed the actual development thread - please be sure to try Mauricio’s new HUD for driving trains - it’s vastly better than the old [F5] HUD and it has increased my enjoyment considerably - you bring it up via [Ctrl F5] and the little yellow box in the upper right corner toggles between a “Full Text HUD” and a “Condensed HUD”...

Attached File  6471A85A-5DFF-4F5B-B80C-F50FD6C24911.jpeg (172.51K)
Number of downloads: 7

Support Feedback Topic
http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry251564

Regards,
Scott

#312 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

If you want to run OpenRails at 64 bit you must point at OpenRails64.exe when installing ReShade. If you want to run OpenRails at 32 bit you can point to any other .exe file in the OR_NewYear_MG folder.

#313 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 13 November 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

If you want to run OpenRails at 64 bit you must point at OpenRails64.exe when installing ReShade. If you want to run OpenRails at 32 bit you can point to any other .exe file in the OR_NewYear_MG folder.

Carlo, so far pointing the ReShade installer towards OpenRails64.exe has been a failure for me. ReShade installs properly but when OR starts or resumes --- main window disappears and then reappears, nothing loads. OR -- not installing ReShade --- runs as expected. I'll try again...you seem to be able to get it working, so I gotta be missing something.

#314 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:38 PM

If you want to run 64 bit, check also that the 32 bit option is unchecked in the generali options.

#315 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:44 AM

Rel. 41 of OR NewYear MG is available as always here http://www.interazio..._NewYear_MG.zip .
It is aligned with unstable rel. U2019.10.26-0321 of the official OR, which does include Monogame. To see what the official unstable release includes, check here https://james-ross.c...&utm_medium=app

The list of additional features to such unstable release present in OR NewYear MG is as follows:

- addition of track sounds in the sound debug window (by dennisat)
- F5 HUD scrolling by mbm_OR (with improvement requested by steamer_ctn)
- checkbox in General Options tab to enable or disable watchdog
- increase of remote horn sound volume level
- when car is selected through the F9 window, the car's brake line in the extended brake HUD is highlighted in yellow, see here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__248023 (by mbm_or)
- improved distance management in roadcar camera
- signal script parser (by perpetualKid): reduces CPU time needed for signal management
- true 64-bit management, allowing to use more than 4 GB of memory, if available, in Win64 systems (by perpetualKid, with some small tailoring by myself)
- general options checkbox for optional run at 32 bit on Win64 (to avoid slight train shaking bug)
- reverted bug fix about rain in 3DCab, to avoid lack of display of digital indicators (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__252352 )
- added trace log for precipitation crash (see http://www.elvastowe...n-monogame-v36/ )
- added bug fix for precipitation crash (suggested by roeter)
- added Train Driving Info window (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__251671 and following posts), by mbm_OR
- NEW: improved Train Driving Info window, by mbm_OR

When running on Win64, if the player privileges having more than 4GB of memory available, he will let the related option checkbox unchecked (which is default); if instead he prefers to avoid unneeded train shaking, he will check the box and will have only a maximum of 4GB memory available. In this second case RunActivity32.exe is run. Note that this hopefully is only a temporary solution.
Note for developers: Runactivity32.exe is not generated by building the pack, but manually doing a copy of Runactivity.exe, renaming it Runactivity32.exe, and using on the Developer Command Prompt command corflags with the modifier -32BITPREF+

OpenRails64.exe is available in the pack, which has to be pointed by ReShade when running at 64 bits to have it working.

NOTE: ReShade 4.3.0 or older must be used. ReShade 4.4.2 doesn't work here.

It is suggested to unpack the .zip using 7zip, if other unpackers lead to problems.

Release 39 can still be downloaded from here http://interazioni-e...G_oldrecent.zip .

#316 User is offline   Haran Banjo 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:58 AM

Italian translation is not present in the improved Train Driving Info Window Condensed HUD?

#317 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:14 AM

At the moment the condensed Train Driving Window does not allow languages different from English. Please don't attach the full preceding post when it's not necessary.

#318 User is offline   Haran Banjo 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 November 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

At the moment the condensed Train Driving Window does not allow languages different from English. Please don't attach the full preceding post when it's not necessary.

Ok, thank you

#319 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:38 AM

Hi Carlo,

RE: Rel. 41 of OR NewYear MG

Just a heads up if not aware - been chatting with Borislav and he is seeing what I am seeing - as far as the sim not starting with ReShade loaded...

ReShade doesn't appear work with either 32bit or 64bit versions of RunActivity... I correctly installed ReShade using the appropriate executable for each test... We're back to the interface blanks for a few seconds then comes back with no errors but the session never starts...

Remove ReShade - the 32bit seems to work fine...

Remove ReShade - the 64bit is behaving very odd for me - but let me do some more testing as I was working on a locomotive issue at the same time I had the oddity... All the wheels on my steam locomotive vanished - the train wouldn't move - and the entire train rocked - violently - while remaining in place...

Just FYI - thanks for all your efforts and that of the team...

Regards,
Scott

#320 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:05 AM

Scott,
1) downloaded the OR NewYear MG rev. 41 pack and unzipped it in an empty folder
2) run at 64 bit (after having verified that general option "Run at 32 bit on Win64" is unchecked) with a consist with the Nalw Bigboy as player locomotive: locomotive moves and wheels don't disappear
3) installed ReShade with all shaders by pointing at OpenRails64.exe and selected DX10
4) started OR, ReShade presents itself. When game starts, Shift-F2 and inserted SCOshade.ini
5) played inserting and removing shaders. Game reacts correctly
6) train moves as it should
7) deleted the three dxgi.* files and the reshade-shaders folder
8) Checked general option "Run at 32 bit on Win64"
9) installed ReShade with all shaders by pointing at OpenRails.exe and selected DX10
10) started OR, ReShade presents itself. When game started, Shift-F2 and inserted SCOshade.ini
11) played inserting and removing shaders. Game reacts correctly.

P.S.: I'm testing with ReShade 3.0.8.183. I got a hint from mbm_OR that the problem could be with the latest release of ReShade (4.4.2), that requires .Net 4.8.

No problems encountered.

• 204 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users