#61 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi Carlo,

Csantucci, on 24 September 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

So my question is: is it worth for me trying to cooperate with him as I proposed him, or is Goku considered the evil by the ORMT and I would be blocked on that?

You are very welcome to cooperate with Goku and help to "keep TSRE and OR compatibility" as he suggests.

Hope that helps,

#62 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

edwardk, on 25 September 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

The only issue with me is for the past (probably 3 years or more/not counting the break of course), I have put my time into this project so noticing a small group get even smaller just did not work well with me. I am not going anywhere.

Good to hear !

#63 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

cjakeman, on 25 September 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Hi Carlo,

You are very welcome to cooperate with Goku and help to "keep TSRE and OR compatibility" as he suggests.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Chris, that's good news.

#64 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

I invite people that haven't done it to read today's full post of Goku on trainsim (I'm not saying this in reply or in critics to Merwyn's post), although it is not true what Goku says, that is that I am/was the only active OR developer.

It took a few moments to find the post as I don't read the TrainSim forums normally, but I agree it's worth reading. Thanks for making the case to do so.

It is a shame that Goku appears to be treating the lack of a special exception being made for him as if ORMT have banned him. Hindsight can be cruel sometimes; nevertheless, the case that Goku spent most of his time here in public, not furthering the development of Open Rails in private, still exists.

I haven't asked ORMT about this, but I am pretty sure we would all be willing to change our decision in light of the responses from the community here and Goku himself. The bigger question is whether Goku would be interested in that happening, now, or in the future.

So my question is: is it worth for me trying to cooperate with him as I proposed him, or is Goku considered the evil by the ORMT and I would be blocked on that?

Goku is not considered evil by anyone on ORMT, and nobody is going to even suggest that you stop working with him elsewhere, via email, etc.. You can also work on features for OR in sync with Goku and his editors.

The only restrictions placed on anyone by this incident is Goku being unable to access the Elvas Tower forums.

#65 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Thank you all, for being "out-in-the-open" about this unfortunate situation....it's nice to see the facts explained as opposed to rumor, opinion and innuendo. Hurt feelings are natural in a situation like this, but maybe time will heal and adjustments by all concerned will be beneficial to the community.
Thanks for all your time, effort, and generous contribution to this most interesting project ( includes Goku ).
Regards, Gerry http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Special Thank You to Dave....for hosting the forum, and putting up with ridiing herd on a bunch of crazy two legged critters...geeze, I dunno how you summon the energy to do it! Keep well and make sure to take care of yourself and the ones you love and who love you.

#66 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:40 AM

James Ross, on 25 September 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

It took a few moments to find the post as I don't read the TrainSim forums normally, but I agree it's worth reading. Thanks for making the case to do so.

It is a shame that Goku appears to be treating the lack of a special exception being made for him as if ORMT have banned him. Hindsight can be cruel sometimes; nevertheless, the case that Goku spent most of his time here in public, not furthering the development of Open Rails in private, still exists.

I haven't asked ORMT about this, but I am pretty sure we would all be willing to change our decision in light of the responses from the community here and Goku himself. The bigger question is whether Goku would be interested in that happening, now, or in the future.

Goku is not considered evil by anyone on ORMT, and nobody is going to even suggest that you stop working with him elsewhere, via email, etc.. You can also work on features for OR in sync with Goku and his editors.

The only restrictions placed on anyone by this incident is Goku being unable to access the Elvas Tower forums.

James,
I'm happy to read that ORMT has not kicked out Goku from the OR development team.
By "our decision" do you mean the decision of not accepting Dave's proposal to partially readmit Goku in the forum?

#67 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

Csantucci, on 26 September 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

By "our decision" do you mean the decision of not accepting Dave's proposal to partially readmit Goku in the forum?

Yes, specifically the "allow back into private Open Rails forums" part. I am not so sure about allowing Goku read-only access to the public forums, but happy to hear any and all comments on that too.

#68 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

James Ross, on 28 September 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yes, specifically the "allow back into private Open Rails forums" part. I am not so sure about allowing Goku read-only access to the public forums, but happy to hear any and all comments on that too.

The reason for Dave banning Goku is because of his posts hence taking away the ability to post so what would be the issue of giving him read-only access? If Goku is not given read-only access then how can he determine what the issues are??? James, you are not making any sense. Dave's final offer should be fine unless you are looking to discipline Goku as well.

Edward K.

#69 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 29 September 2018 - 11:48 AM

edwardk, on 29 September 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

The reason for Dave banning Goku is because of his posts hence taking away the ability to post so what would be the issue of giving him read-only access? If Goku is not given read-only access then how can he determine what the issues are??? James, you are not making any sense. Dave's final offer should be fine unless you are looking to discipline Goku as well.

Edward K.

Why not Read-Only permission to Public forms and Developer forms, if possible ? Goku can respond to a particular post on TS.com. If he will not accept conditions, the whole discussion is moot, anyway.

#70 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

<< Admin Comment>>

Please re-read and understand this post. All three points.

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users