• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

debate - start Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:36 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 28 September 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yes, specifically the "allow back into private Open Rails forums" part. I am not so sure about allowing Goku read-only access to the public forums, but happy to hear any and all comments on that too.

I think that, to remove at least some hurdle towards a cooperation with Goku, allowing him at least read access to the public forums may help. One example is the "Developing features" subforum, where the new features must be announced and discussed. This is now a peculiar ET forum function and, as there are features that involve also editors, Goku should be able to at least read there. The same applies more in general with the "General Feedback" subforum, where new ideas, suggestions and feedbacks are discussed. Similar thoughts may apply to other subforums.

#72 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:06 AM

View Postedwardk, on 29 September 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

The reason for Dave banning Goku is because of his posts hence taking away the ability to post so what would be the issue of giving him read-only access? If Goku is not given read-only access then how can he determine what the issues are??? James, you are not making any sense. Dave's final offer should be fine unless you are looking to discipline Goku as well.

I am really quite sad that you are accusing me of not making sense, when I've tried very hard throughout this to explain what I and ORMT have been thinking, why we've done things, etc.. :'(

I have been on the receiving end of product feedback that I couldn't respond to, and it really sucks, so I don't want to subject Goku to that unnecessarily when there are plenty of better options (like discussing his editors on TS.com).

However, if people believe that giving Goku read-only access to the public forums would make a difference, I'm sure ORMT can agree to do it (if the offer from Dave is still valid).

View PostBillC, on 29 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Why not Read-Only permission to Public forms and Developer forms, if possible ? Goku can respond to a particular post on TS.com. If he will not accept conditions, the whole discussion is moot, anyway.

Almost everything Goku did on Elvas Tower was respond to public forum posts, so this would be a hugely confusing/disjoined arrangement. Why not discuss Goku's editor on TS.com directly?

View PostCsantucci, on 29 September 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

I think that, to remove at least some hurdle towards a cooperation with Goku, allowing him at least read access to the public forums may help. One example is the "Developing features" subforum, where the new features must be announced and discussed. This is now a peculiar ET forum function and, as there are features that involve also editors, Goku should be able to at least read there. The same applies more in general with the "General Feedback" subforum, where new ideas, suggestions and feedbacks are discussed. Similar thoughts may apply to other subforums.

That seems reasonable; I am not personally in contact with Goku, but if anyone is and would like to ask him about read-only access to the public Elvas Tower forums, they're okay to do so.

#73 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 30 September 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Why not discuss Goku's editor on TS.com directly?

Absolutely. Speaking for the moderating staff, he remains welcome there provided our house rules aren't broken. He's doing a better job of that than some of his supporters...

#74 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

I've got some mail exchange with Goku, as was suggested by James.
I've just reported about it in the private Development Forum.

#75 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:29 AM

andoodle:

We don't need instigators stirring. Please refrain.

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users