• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pacific Electric in Watts Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Not inside the route folder but inside the ROUTES folder of another installation. For example, I have 30 mini routes in my C:\Train Simulator folder, from Train Sim-B&SR to Train Sim-WP. The Watts line route is in my Train Sim-Pacific Electric mini folder along with a copy of your Santa Myrnaloya route and a failed attempt to make the PE out of DownTown Trolley. If I were experiencing the same issue as you and I wanted to check it out in another environment (mini-route folder) I would copy the route to the routes folder of either the Train Sim-L&PS (London & Port Stanley), or the Train Sim-DTT (DownTown Trolley), or the "held as a repository for new route loading" original Train Simulator folder, all of which I know give me a black wire. I hope that make more sense.

If I still had white wires I would know that the problem is with the Watts Route itself. But I would bet that the problem is in the Global\Textures folder of the installation in which you are running the route.

Give me the full path of where your Watts line is residing, please. Like mine is C:\Train Simulator\Train Sim-PacificElectric\Routes\PacificElectricWatts. Then I can better understand where you are and where you need to go.

#52 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Here: C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\PacificElectric. I have no mini routes installed, other than L&PS. I'll drop it Wayne's Routes folder and test. Will get back to you.

...no, it won't even run in Wayne's mini route. I get a fatal error flag, out of exception, track node missing, etc.

My Pacific Electric West route resides right next to Malte's PE Watts route, so it's got to be with his route. I'm running a version he sent me just a couple days ago that has his latest work on it. Maybe that's where the problem lies.

#53 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Where do you have your PE routes? Same folder? We probably ought to take this to E-mail since we're kinda hijacking Pery Scope's thread. :)

#54 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

View Posttimmuir, on 28 June 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Here: C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\PacificElectric. I have no mini routes installed, other than L&PS. I'll drop it Wayne's Routes folder and test. Will get back to you.

...no, it won't even run in Wayne's mini route. I get a fatal error flag, out of exception, track node missing, etc.

Tim,

I'm just guessing here, but in the mini route you dropped it into, do you have the Xtracks, NewRoads, and that short piece of track from earlier in the thread installed? I realize you are a vet at this but when I troubleshoot computers, I always ask if it is plugged in and have the power on.

#55 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

I thought the lines were just rendered as splines by both games, and are fixed (hard-coded) in color?

#56 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

View Postatsf37l, on 28 June 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Where do you have your PE routes? Same folder? We probably ought to take this to E-mail since we're kinda hijacking Pery Scope's thread. :)

PM, Herb? My email program is not user friendly lately.

#57 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 28 June 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Tim,

I'm just guessing here, but in the mini route you dropped it into, do you have the Xtracks, NewRoads, and that short piece of track from earlier in the thread installed? I realize you are a vet at this but when I troubleshoot computers, I always ask if it is plugged in and have the power on.

Arghh.. Some vet I am, I forgot about all that stuff. I don't think it's in the L&PS, is it? Well, that's a moot point now, anyway. See what happens when you "go on vacation" for a couple of years? :lol2:

I'll see what Herb can come up with...thanks, guys.

#58 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Tim, I just sent you a PM.

#59 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

OR textures the wire according to an optional texture. If that texture isn't available, it uses MSTS\Global\Textures\dieselsmoke.ace.

See this thread:
http://www.elvastowe...-overhead-wire/

#60 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:37 AM

View PostJovet, on 29 June 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

OR textures the wire according to an optional texture. If that texture isn't available, it uses MSTS\Global\Textures\dieselsmoke.ace.

See this thread:
http://www.elvastowe...-overhead-wire/

Thanks, Joseph, that was too easy! I downloaded Chris's overheadwire.ace and put it in Malte's route textures folder (be sure to remove the "3" after the name) and that fixed it. And, I knew it, because that ace is in my old PE route's textures. I had totally forgotten about it. So, thanks again.

Too easy...

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-06-29 07-29-02.jpg

Thanks, Herb, for all your help, too.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users