• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pacific Electric in Watts Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   llanning08 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

The means to alter the texture of the overhead wire was included in Open Rails beta 0.9, but was removed with the stable release v1.0

Attached is my copy of the Overhead texture info I've collected. See Elvas Tower forum discussion. You need to insert a file named Overheadwire.ace in the Texture folder of each route desired.

Perhaps this info might be included in the Open Rails documentation, and the textures restored to Open Rails.

Attached File(s)

#62 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, Lawrence, this is what I ended up doing, as mentioned in the preceeding post. I like the idea of having choices for different color wire and being able to change it if so desired. But is it all that necessary? (I have never seen an "Addons" folder in any of the OR downloads I've done, by the way.) But maybe you're right about the textures being restored to Open Rails again.

Better throw in a screen shot here, to keep this thread on track.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-06-29 11-24-15.jpg

#63 User is offline   Pery Scope 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, ORTS

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

View Postatsf37l, on 27 June 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Thanks for that confirmation, Jovet. I'd like to see Malte make those fixes as a part of his next release so that all will receive the corrections. Otherwise, any update of the Beta will put them back again. PEry Scope?

Hello Herb,

These problems should be fixed in a newer version. I'm just making a list, so I do not overlook anything. It would be good if you send me a message, if you have found a solution to a problem. :sign_thanks:

Best regards
Malte

#64 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Thanks Malte. I just sorta figured we'd talk about it here. I did attempt to fix one of the level crossings by deleting the level crossing from the submerged track piece, then raising the track piece to just below the terrain and putting the level crossing back on. It seemed to take most of the up-and-down motion away but shortly thereafter the RE died on me and stripped the tile bare where I had made the change. So there must be more to the process as the sim didn't like it. Here's the view from 6th and Main after the crash:
Attached Image: After the Crash.jpg

Took out everything except track centerlines clear down to the south switch at Washington St. Yard. Fortunately I kept the original downloads to reinstall the route. :) :bigboss:

#65 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Mosaic terrtex at Watts, with Paint Shop Pro. I just spent about two hours or so on an experiment around the Watts car house. I settled on a good image file from Textures.com for painting roadbeds around the yard and right of ways at the junctions. The image is TexturesCom_SoilBeach0100_1_seamless_S.jpg which I rotated 90 degrees and darkened in Paint Shop Pro. I then selected the areas to work on with the "lasso" freehand tool and cloned parts of the image over the selected areas on the extracted terrtex files. Afterwards I went into the route editor and deleted all the pesky transfers, and voila! I also cloned-in some dried grass textures bordering the right of ways, and some lawns around the west side of the area.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-07-10 02-45-48.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-07-10 02-49-27.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-07-10 02-52-51.jpg

I have found sand images the best for making a gravel like texture, it translates very well and this shade of color complements the track textures Malte is using quite nicely.

#66 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

Beautiful!!! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_rockon.gif Looks perfect. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup3.gif

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/oldstry.gif

#67 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

View Postjdgremsjr, on 26 June 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Yes I have to agree, I'm not much of an electric rail fan. Living in the Portland area for all those years and the officials trying to shove the MAX line down our throats. But this route is almost as fun as Seaview. Remember I said almost.

I did notice a few things though, some intersections the cars wouldn't stop and I went straight through a few cars and a couple of trucks. In other areas the traffic would leap underground just to pop up in the middle of the intersection. I realize this was a quick beta, and I love the route but I believe honesty is the best policy

Well they now have a fix for the intersection problem. Here is the link to the patch for OR to fix the cars from diving under the street.

#68 User is offline   jdgremsjr 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR, TS2016

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

Now that my cars and trucks are no longer diving in and out of the street here are some of my screenshots:

http://grems-family.com/john/pictures/watts1.jpg

http://grems-family.com/john/pictures/watts2.jpg

http://grems-family.com/john/pictures/watts3.jpg

#69 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Man, that's BLUE! ;)

The fix works fine, Thanks, Carlos.

Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-07-12 10-02-15.jpg

• 7 Pages +