Elvas Tower: Updating past models for Open Rails - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updating past models for Open Rails A heads up for anyone interested Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

I think you misunderstood me. I have no problem running the Coals to Newcastle routes in OR without MSTS "installed".

#12 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

View Postdforrest, on 03 October 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I think you misunderstood me. I have no problem running the Coals to Newcastle routes in OR without MSTS "installed".

No, I understand that fully, I'm asking you if you have tried placing a route of your choice in the same installation as the coals to newcastle routes. If I understand the instructions at coals to newcastle correctly it should be possible.

Edit: Just tried it myself, copied the Czech route Dvoukolejka into the same folder as the Burrinjuck route and ran a brief explore act, seems to work OK.

#13 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

There is no MSTS default Global content in the OR Coals to Newcastle route installs. The only content is what is installed there by third-party software required.

There is no main Sound folder in the OR Coals to Newcastle route installs.

There are no MSTS default loco folders in the OR Coals to Newcastle route installs.

#14 User is offline   rrfan96 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Just downloaded OR onto my new laptop today, and ran one of the GS-2's over Donner...and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. Great work Derek and the OR team...I was getting 50-60fps! :D The engine performed beautifully as I climbed Donner. :D

Can't wait for the OR WP Mikados. :)

#15 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Ryan :)

I submitted the WP GS-64's earlier today and I see now that they are available in the file library as well... I'm now in the process of working on the WP 4-8-2's, which I never released in an OR "beta", but I think I'll be uploading those yet this weekend if all goes well. I'm probably leaning toward updating the WP Mikados next, so you may not have that long to wait for them :D

Derek

#16 User is offline   That Genset Foamer 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

View Postdforrest, on 03 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Thanks Johnny, I have those and could use them but I was looking for a US based route possibly with activities.

I'm in the process of "evaluating the feasibility" of making a standalone version of the Salinas Valley when release time rolls around for it, and heard some talk of the ORTS team wanting a standalone version of my Timesaver route as well. Cuesta Grade will come with 1 activity which doesn't rely on default stock, but still relies on default Ingame.sms sounds / track sounds. Currently I'm researching how to make a standalone American track soundset for OpenRails and have gathered some recordings.

As for the standalone ORTS locomotives, great work! I've been entrenched with Route Editing as of late so I haven't had a chance to take 'em out for a spin, but given that the Coast Sub got a big update lately I might take a GS2 out for a spin!

#17 User is offline   rrfan96 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

Just wanted to say that Derek's uploaded the 4-8-2's, and that they work fantastically in game. :shock6: No bugs or glitches on my end. :oldstry:

#18 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Thanks and glad to hear the 4-8-2's are running well for you :oldstry:

I've been in the process of reworking the little WP 0-6-0 switchers today, which has been pretty involved but seems to be turning out well so far... Since these utilized a "crew car" I've had to go back and change the sizes and main pivot locations to get the coupling distances correct without it, which is always time consuming. But, I've finally been able to do something I always wished I could do before, which is to light the switchmans lantern on the tender at night lol. Of course that wouldn't work in MSTS since it wouldn't display lights through alpha surfaces which the lantern had for the globe, but since OR can handle this I couldn't resist adding it in now. It's a tiny thing I know, but for me it's really been fun to be able to do that now lol.

#19 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

I just ran into something which I had totally forgotten about... the little WP 0-6-0's had a few animated features on them, like the doors on the front of the cab and the hatch on the cab roof as well. These were set up to use both DOOR and MIRROR animations... I hadn't tried operating these animations before, and I was curious if these animations are active in OR yet or still in the works? If they are active, what are the key commands to use them? I searched the forum and didn't find anything, so I have the suspicion that these are features which aren't implemented yet?

Thanks!

#20 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Everything is implemented, use F1 for getting help about keyboard assignments.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users