• You cannot reply to this topic

OR Not Loading Constant OR Error Box Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostGTADon, on 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yes, I unzipped it and it went directly to the desktop, in it's own folder. The next time with the newer version I unzipped it to the "F" drive where MSTS resides, to no avail.

I run the "TESTING" and it comes out fine, I try to run a "Default" MSTS activity and after the same 2-3 minutes it shuts down with the error box stating "OR has stopped working" and it will not let me restart the activity, just repeatedly comes up with the stopped working error, but it does not say why, just to send a message to OR at first, then another box on top that is in reference to sending it to Microsoft.

It might be a windows problem. Go to your Control Panel, System and Security, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Then open Windows Logs/Application and have a look to see if there are any Errors or Warnings that point to OR and click on them to open the detailed message. If there are any, post that information here. To do that, there is a menu item at the top of the Event Viewer called Actions, one of those actions is Copy/Copy Details as text. To use that you will need to highlight the text in the General tab of the error or warning. Then paste it into notepad, ready to copy here, or zip it up and attach it here.

#32 User is offline   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostGTADon, on 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Yes, I unzipped it and it went directly to the desktop, in it's own folder. The next time with the newer version I unzipped it to the "F" drive where MSTS resides, to no avail.

I run the "TESTING" and it comes out fine, I try to run a "Default" MSTS activity and after the same 2-3 minutes it shuts down with the error box stating "OR has stopped working" and it will not let me restart the activity, just repeatedly comes up with the stopped working error, but it does not say why, just to send a message to OR at first, then another box on top that is in reference to sending it to Microsoft.

Sorry to barge into the discussion, been following with interest. I don't believe I have gotten a "sending it to Microsoft" message when OR stops. Sounds like the old MSTS problem message, if so, why? Have you somehow gotten the MSTS executable to run simultaneously with OR?? Don't give up, it's wORth the effort to figure this out.Cordially, rhs

#33 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

We may be making some progress, I hope.

I have two results from that search as attached.

See what you, copperpen, can make of what is there, a lot of "?" marks in parentheses.

Attached File(s)

#34 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi Don, hard to tell but looking at those two I get the impression that runactivity.exe and .net framework are not seeing eye to eye for some as yet unknown reason. .Net is being detected but mscorlib is showing in the Application error log. I am just wondering if you do have the correct version of .Net Framework installed.

#35 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

I am looking at that now and it is Microsoft.NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

I wonder if my system updated the 3.5 SP1 version I originally downloaded? I am going to try downloading it again.

When I do that, should I remove the 4 version first?

Will the 3.5 version be happy residing in a default area?

Thank you copperpen for looking into this.

Don

#36 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I am getting an ERROR message when I try to do this install of the 3.5 SP2 of .NET Framework. I noticed that WIN 7 is not listed in the supported OS. I am running Win 7 Home Premium, maybe this makes a difference? Is there a way of getting around this? I have attached a screen shot of the error box and the error log.

1. System Requirements

1.1. Supported Architectures
x86
x64
ia64 (Windows Server 2008)

1.2. Supported Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Windows Vista
Windows Server 2008

There must be a way of doing this because I am sure I am not the only one running WIN 7 and utilizing OR.

Thank you i advance for other suggestions. I believe we are getting close to a solution.

Attached File(s)

#37 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Some additional information that I just gathered. Apparently 3.5 sp1 is already part of the WIN 7 Install. I ran a verification tool and says that it is there already and that is why it refuses to re-install.

See attachments for the log results.

Attached File(s)

#38 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Well, that sure looks fine. I wonder why the OR error log seems to finger .NET

#39 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Now, after running these different utilities, I am going to try running OR again and see what happens.

I will post whatever log I get and go from there.

Thank you again.

#40 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hmm, what anti-virus software are you running? Do you mind disconnecting your computer from the local network and internet, disabling your anti-virus and trying Open Rails again? (A/V programs shouldn't interfere like this but it's possible.)

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users