Elvas Tower: OR Not Loading - Elvas Tower

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Not Loading Constant OR Error Box Rate Topic: -----

#21 Inactive_JimJ_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Good afternoon GTA Don, you are using a very old version (1251).
You should get the latest release OR_X_1613, I have loaded that activity, had to substitute some engines & wagons, but have to running fine.
Jim

#22 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I decided to TRY a different version to see if anything would change. Nothing did.

My previous posts outline what I have and what I have done to that point. Basically I am running Win7 i5 with a Radeon Card and all is up to date. I tried running the OR_v08 but it would not stay running either.

I have MSTS installed on it's own SSD drive, OR(whatever) is on the desktop(C-Drive). Could this cause a failure to interact properly? Would I be better off to install OR on the SSD with MSTS?

I am going to try this NEWEST version and (try to) run a default route after installation.

#23 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have a mix of MSTS, some on an SSD and some on an HDD. OR resides on the HDD with MSTS, none of which is the C: drive. All of my MSTS content runs in OR, with some errors, but these do not stop it from running. Far as OR goes, there is no installation, just unzip into your folder of choice.

#24 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

I just tried the OR_X (1605) version and the same deal. That same error box that tells me that "OR has stopped working" The route tested was Mactier with the "Southbound Intermodal" which I just finished completing without any problem in MSTS.

I am going to try installing OR into the SSD with MSTS and see what happens when I get a chance. I tried that with a previous version and it did not change anything.

Attached is the completed log file for that Activity.

Attached File(s)

#25 Inactive_JimJ_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Good Evening Don,
Check the "Properties of all the files in the OR sub directory.
Make sure that Windows has not "BLOCKED" the file. If they are blocked, unblock each file, and also check to make sure that in the compatibility tab, it is set to run as an administrator.
Jim

#26 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I just made sure that nothing in the OR files were blocked. I tried running the default Whitefish Freight pull but only got the same error box.

Attached is a ZIP of that log.

This is really getting to me, I see so many people that have this and it is operating properly.

The small amount of time I have had to use OR I noticed big differences and would enjoy having it so that I could run trains for a full route or act.

I am getting tired of trying this and that, maybe good old MSTS is good enough.

Attached File(s)

#27 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Don
There is one item of your computer that you have not mentioned, the motherboard. If it is one of the newer boards that use a UEFI instead of a BIOS, they are throwing out all sorts of problems for gamers using a Radeon video card. That may be the source of your problem.

#28 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

The computer is about 3.5 years old. It has a DP55WB board with a i5 Processor.

I have had the exact same problem with all the versions of OR that I have downloaded and installed. There is something wrong with the way I am installing OR, or there is something going on with compatibility issues that have not been explored yet.

My repeated question has been "Where should OR be installed" on the SSD or on the desktop. There does not seem to be any problem with OR finding and using my MSTS files to go through the testing segments. The problems crop up when I try to RUN an Activity, which functions correctly using MSTS. The part that is really confusing is the problem running the default activities!

#29 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

"Where should OR be installed"

Basically, anywhere you like. I have mine on a normal HDD along with MSTS on a mix of HDD and SSD.

Had a quick look at the manual for your motherboard and feel that it is not a contributing factor, so the problem lies with how OR is working. When you "install" OR do you just unzip it to a folder?. That is what I do.

#30 User is offline   GTADon 

• Fireman

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yes, I unzipped it and it went directly to the desktop, in it's own folder. The next time with the newer version I unzipped it to the "F" drive where MSTS resides, to no avail.

I run the "TESTING" and it comes out fine, I try to run a "Default" MSTS activity and after the same 2-3 minutes it shuts down with the error box stating "OR has stopped working" and it will not let me restart the activity, just repeatedly comes up with the stopped working error, but it does not say why, just to send a message to OR at first, then another box on top that is in reference to sending it to Microsoft.

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users