• You cannot reply to this topic

The beginning of something special The FJ&G Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

rfranzosa, on May 29 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

I'm going to have to skin some FJ&G, that's for sure!!

RGF

And I DID!!!

Thanks to Paul for the beta copy of this route. A new favorite, for sure.

Rick

Attached Image: 2008_06_04_232040.jpg

Attached Image: 2008_06_04_232154.jpg

Attached Image: 2008_06_04_232647.jpg

Attached Image: 2008_06_04_232944.jpg

Attached Image: 2008_06_04_233140.jpg

#32 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Rick,

Those are superb renditions of #20 & 21. I look forward to their release.

Paul sent out another beta yesterday that he says will be the last before it' public release. On the last beta 9.0, (the new one is 9.1), I did a little what-iffing taking off on the DO years (the lines last that ended in it's abandonment.

In my what-if, instead of letting the line go, DO got state grants to recondition the line and had it's real estate wing find tenants and buyers for the empty buildings along the line. With allot of hard work the number of customer's for the line steadily increased from the low 20's back to the 66 the line at one time had. DO made the line an orphaned branch of it's NYS&W and was soon running one round trip from Gloversville to Broadalbin a day instead of on an as needed basis and a morning and an evening turn from Gloversville to Fonda and back. It also ran a mid day local freight that switches industries in Gloversville and Johnstown and returns to Gloversville yard for the cars to be forwarded to Fonda on the late afternoon turn.

In these shots we pick up the morning Fonda Turn after it has picked up cars from the PC?Conrail interchange and is about to head back north to Gloversville.
Attached Image: Screen_June2008_773.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_781.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_791.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_807.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_823.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_832.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1021.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1025.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1044.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1164.jpg

Paul

#33 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

For those with an interest, Paul Charland in in the process of uploading the route as I write this. It will be available as a single download as well as a three part for smaller file size. It will be available over at TrainSim within the next day or so.
Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1157.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1038.jpg

Attached Image: Screen_June2008_1042.jpg

Paul

#34 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

Good news Paul - and love that last road shot...

Rod

#35 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hi All,

As Paul said I've uploaded the route and it should be available some time tomorrow. I uploaded the full version in a single file and installed it on my system and it's fine. Later I tried installing the three part version and something's wrong with it, so I've asked Nels to remove it from the server.

I've been told Tim is getting lower frame rates then I am... geez, I thought my video card sucked! It's a high poly count route, no doubt. I'm getting 8-10 fps in Fonda, 15-25 through the bush and rural areas, and coming into Gloversville from the north I his an area where MSTS wants to load half of Gloversville in one shot and my frame rate gets pretty bad for a few seconds but does recover. My video card is an nVidis 6100LT that's built onto the motherboard, I have heard from beta testers that are running "average" quality video cards who are getting lows of 20-30 fps. Either way, when run at the speed limits, they route is pretty smooth for my card, hope ypou see better results.

Paul :-)

#36 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

charland, on Jun 17 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

Hi All,

As Paul said I've uploaded the route and it should be available some time tomorrow. I uploaded the full version in a single file and installed it on my system and it's fine. Later I tried installing the three part version and something's wrong with it, so I've asked Nels to remove it from the server.

I've been told Tim is getting lower frame rates then I am... geez, I thought my video card sucked! It's a high poly count route, no doubt. I'm getting 8-10 fps in Fonda, 15-25 through the bush and rural areas, and coming into Gloversville from the north I his an area where MSTS wants to load half of Gloversville in one shot and my frame rate gets pretty bad for a few seconds but does recover. My video card is an nVidis 6100LT that's built onto the motherboard, I have heard from beta testers that are running "average" quality video cards who are getting lows of 20-30 fps. Either way, when run at the speed limits, they route is pretty smooth for my card, hope ypou see better results.

I have a GeForce 7600GS w/512MB RAM running on XP Home SP2 with 3 gigs of RAM. My frame rates in Gloversville are running at 7 tonight with the Ma&Pa doodlebug only. This doubles with side-views. Out on the main heading to Fonda, the frames increase up to 17 looking down the track in that direction, but increase to as much as 40-50 looking to either side. This is what I'm used to on my own high-polygon Pacific Electric with 25-car freight trains. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about your route, Paul, just my low performance. The FJ&G is a great route with interesting track arrangements. There's a lot to do for switching afficianados!

Attached Image: fjg.jpg

Rick, great-looking FJ&G ALCOs!

#37 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:35 AM

timmuir, on Jun 19 2008, 03:01 AM, said:

Rick, great-looking FJ&G ALCOs!

Thanks, Tim!!

Alas, the release will be delayed, as Gaetan has headed south of the border for vacation for a while (Maine!).

Rick

#38 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hi Tim,

I was getting in the mid-teens through Fonda and mid-30s through the rural areas until I added grass and trackside brush, then it was good bye frame rate. I also picked up an oddity after adding the grass and trackside brush, if I use view 4 and it goes to the over the track position, about every fourth time it uses that position as the camera going to a vertical position the screen goes black and MSTS locks up and crashed. I haven't seen people complaining about this so I'm guessing it's my weak video card.

#39 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

Paul has allowed us to host this route. It is currently avaialable in the File Library.

:( Thank you Paul for allowing us to host this and for all your work in making this possible.

#40 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:08 AM

I have moved all posts concerning problems with any part of the FJ&G to the support forum. These topics can be found here.

Please post any problems or issues about this route there and keep this for Screenshots only.

Thanks;

Bill

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users