• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Superelevation don't Work on some tracks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 June 2023 - 03:34 PM

Hi all, I have a problem with superelevation in Open Rails.
I state that I use the recent Monogame version, therefore, let's go to the point ..

I recently duplicated an existing scenario to rebuild the TDB back to the 1990s.
So, in terms of stability it's perfect, but I noticed a little problem..
The superelevation in many points, has practically deactivated, although I have the option checked in Open Rails as parameters:

Level -- 7
Minimum Distance -- 20 Mt

What could this problem be caused by? and above all, what should I do to solve it?

thank you in advance for the replies

#2 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 June 2023 - 08:16 PM

Did it work before for that route, and what's the scale/scope of the rebuild? Did you replace track anywhere?

#3 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:39 AM

View Posteolesen, on 01 June 2023 - 08:16 PM, said:

Did it work before for that route, and what's the scale/scope of the rebuild? Did you replace track anywhere?

Of course, It worked in the previous version of the scenario.

The purpose of the version set in the 1990s is to reproduce the railway lines as they were in that period, therefore I practically created a new route with the TSRE5, after which I inserted the World and Tiles files of the previous scenario, and then proceeded to a manual rebuild of the TDB.
During the reconstruction of the TDB, where there were changes to be made to the track plan (necessary because in that period many stations had more tracks than the present and presented slightly different conformations)

View PostWeter, on 01 June 2023 - 08:24 PM, said:

Hello.This won't be an answer, but some additional information:Besides default super elevation, activated from game options and applicable to all curves, longer, than X meters, ORTS allows to refer super elevation "table" in form of pairs "curve's radius-elevation of outer rail" in *.trk file. So, it, firstly would give more plausible effect of tracks appearance on Your route, and second - why not to test: will it work for You then?Good luck.

Could you kindly provide me the relative string? I understand that this function "Obliges" the simulator to make the curved sections elevated, right?

#4 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:46 AM

Yes, it sets correspondence between superelevation's hiight and curve's radius, as You wish.
See details here:
http://www.coalstone...e-design/#super

#5 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 02 June 2023 - 02:02 AM

Thanks! so, if i understand well, i have to insert this code into the Included TRK?

ORTSTrackSuperElevation ( 0.0 0.051 160.0 0.064 241.4 0.064 281.6 0.076 301.8 0.076 402.3 0.102 502.9 0.102 603.5 0.089 804.7 0.064 1005.8 0.051 1207.0 0.038 1609.3 0.025 3218.7 0.013 10000.0 0.0.013 )

#6 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 02 June 2023 - 02:53 AM

Yes, but then, it would be great to search for local actual data - for making Your model closer to real tracks of modeled lines.
That is example from some specific railroad, it can be very different from Italian standards.

CTN site with my remarks said:

Note: For the INC file to be read correctly there should be no "blank" lines after the final parenthesis in the main TRK file of the route.

To see an example implementation refer to the test route.
More Info
(UPS!) :sign_sorry:
Note: The inclusion of this parameter does not currently have any impact on the visual SuperElevation, but only on the SuperElevation 'physics', ie the curve speed, and overturning moments of the train.

Comment ( Information to set superelevation for tracks )
ORTSTrackSuperElevation ( 0.0 0.051 160.0 0.064 241.4 0.064 281.6 0.076 301.8 0.076 402.3 0.102 502.9 0.102 603.5 0.089 804.7 0.064 1005.8 0.051 1207.0 0.038 1609.3 0.025 3218.7 0.013 10000.0 0.0.013 )

Code Notes:

ORTSTrackSuperElevation - allows a series of paired x and y parameters to be inserted specifying the curve radius in metres (x value), and the amount of superelevation in metres (y value). The statement will take as many paired values as desired. Each paired set of values must have an x and y value present. If it is desired to 'hold' a certain value of SuperElevation for a number of different radii curves, then the same y value needs to be used for succeeding values of curve radius. Where the y value changes between curve radii, then Open Rails will extrapolate the y value between the two points.

#7 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:20 AM

Thank You, i will make a test later for first, then if it works, i will search for local Italian data ;-)

I will let you know

#8 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:45 AM

I did the test by entering the parameter on the TRK Included file, unfortunately I didn't find any changes, in many curved sections the superelevation still does not exist while in some sections there is.
I also noticed that in sections where there is no superelevation, this situation appears to me which I don't see on the TSRE5..

I'm going crazy..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Bug1.jpg
  • Attached Image: Bug2.jpg

#9 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:26 AM

Some versions (which, I don't know) of Scale Rail do not 'superelevate'.
This is seen on the PRR-East v2 route on the section of the route West of Altoona running up the grade to the Horseshoe Curve.

When I was 'rebuilding' the route I did not change any Scale Rail Track. I only adjusted the track gradient and terrain along the track.
I only noticed after the rebuild was finalized as I use a Superelevation of 1 and minimum length of 250m so it's not obvious.
I use these settings otherwise you will get S elevation in yards and really effed up curved switches.

So the bottom line is some Scale Rail tracks don't superelevate.

vince

#10 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:53 AM

The problem is that I'm not using the ScaleRails but the US type DB Tracks.

These binaries on the previous version of the scenario set in the current era, all turned out to have superelevation, after I cloned the route and rebuilt the TDB, some pieces lost the superelevation..

The problem is that I can't figure out what to do to solve this little problem.. I tried to restore the tsection.dat but nothing..
i tried deleting some binaries and putting them back from 0, but still not the same..

I mean... will it depend on something?

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users