Elvas Tower: Reworking the Dispatcher Window - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reworking the Dispatcher Window How could we make it more intuitive? Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 August 2023 - 04:38 PM

View PostWeter, on 31 August 2023 - 03:20 PM, said:

Currently, track viewer utility can draw elevation chart (track profile) for selected path.
I'm not saying about old Okrasa Ghia's little program (mapper?)
So, I believe, this function may be accommodated to be available in-game.

I'm aware of trackviewers charting ( elevation ) capabilities....your suggestion to accomodate this in-game would be welcome, Weter. I don't know how many people still use those little utilities....mapper, horace, zipper, and archibald. OF the four I use archibald all the time to change the names of images in shapefiles...very convenient.

#62 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 31 August 2023 - 09:29 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 31 August 2023 - 01:04 PM, said:

It was definitely ORNYMG v145, the exception happened three times, did not notice anything in the log...there was a window that opened up but I don't have the software installed required to utilize the window for troubleshooting.

If it occurs again, please expand the window so that the whole stack can be seen and post the screenshot here http://www.elvastowe...w-dark-moddded/ .

#63 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 31 August 2023 - 11:35 PM

@Gerry: Hello.
It was said, track viewer does use ORTS engine for functioning, so the base of said functionality is believed to be already within main program's code.

#64 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 01 September 2023 - 11:27 AM

Hi Looky .I am am using the map window more than in game 3d view , Thank you!
Would it be possible to move the map customisation window out of the view space into the menu column on the right?
Also please could we review what decides if detailed path info is shown, It seems at the moment only trains with deadlock give path info. Should full path info be available at other times ?
I think some items could that are optional could become default like show all trains and show train names.
Thanks, rick

#65 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2023 - 03:14 PM

You guys ever see what James Ross proposed when he first joined the team? If not you should ask him about it.

#66 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 01 September 2023 - 04:18 PM

certainly, no. So what was that?
I doubt, he would answer...

#67 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2023 - 05:19 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 01 September 2023 - 03:14 PM, said:

You guys ever see what James Ross proposed when he first joined the team? If not you should ask him about it.

Was the proposal in a public forum?

#68 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2023 - 08:14 AM

View PostLooky1173, on 24 August 2023 - 11:55 PM, said:

What did I do wrong? Have I run the wrong bat files in the Locales folder, or missed to run some, or run them in the wrong order...?

With some insight from James, I've made your PR translate OK on my PC.

It seems each part of Open Rails uses a separate catalogue of translated text. The Simulation.Catalog is different from the Viewer.Catalog. If you change the text as attached, then it should start working.

Attached Image: 2023-10-15 17_09_33-GitHub Desktop.jpg

P.S. I notice that hu.po contains a translation for decreasing daylight offset, but not yet for increasing it, so that text will not be translated.

Attached Image: 2023-10-15 17_12_05-hu.po • RunActivity - Poedit.jpg

Next, I'll have a look at the Map Window translations. Since it was originally just a Debug Window, I don't think it ever had translations working.

Sorry it's been a while and hope that helps,

#69 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 15 October 2023 - 08:42 AM

View PostWeter, on 31 August 2023 - 11:35 PM, said:

@Gerry: Hello.
It was said, track viewer does use ORTS engine for functioning, so the base of said functionality is believed to be already within main program's code.

the Legacy trackviewer basically duplicates some functionality with the ORTS baseline...but it is independent of the ORTS. One of the things PerpetualKid and I (barely) was looking into was removing the duplication and refactoring the code for better execution....as a side, once that was done the same code base for trackviewer was used for PerpetualKid's reworked Dispatcher view. One of the things I found in looking through the trackviewer code was the number of times to ....say....load a route...the code within the legacy trackviewer appear to reload objects over and over again before utilizing them....that may have been my perception but with PerpetualKid's help he reduce the code base from several objects being loaded...(that were never utilized) to just what was needed to display a path for instance......

anyway....

back to lurking.....

Amtrak115....aka Barry

#70 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 15 October 2023 - 02:22 PM

Hi, Barry.
I've noticed, by the way, that official track viewer often crashes, when trying to reload just edited route - I need then to start it again.
I agree: it's time to rework track viewer, based on very old ORTS version's code.

To Chris and Looky:

a translation for decreasing daylight offset

Furthermore, orange color means, translation is not yet verified&confirmed, so it likely won't appear too.
I see, {0} mask is absent in translation currently.

View PostLooky1173, on 24 August 2023 - 11:55 PM, said:

I managed to add a confirmation message when changing the daylight offset, but I couldn't get translations to work. I ran Update.bat in the Locales folder, which correctly added the new strings to localise in RunActivity.pot. Then, I opened the RunActivity hu.po file in Poedit, and updated it with Translation > Update from POT file. The new strings appeared as expected and I translated them to Hungarian. However, when I changed the OR language to Hungarian and ran RunActivity, the confirmation message was still in English (unlike everything else which was in Hungarian). What did I do wrong? Have I run the wrong bat files in the Locales folder, or missed to run some, or run them in the wrong order...?

You can run "update templates" first, when You don't want *.dlls to be changed, then (as it was correctly done) update *.po, using poedit, from new *.pot template, but AFTER translation and saving *.po, You NEED to run update *.dlls batch file to compile your translation into *dll-files (..\program\hu\runactivity.dll in given case will be created), which are then used by ORTS programs (runactivity in itis case) for getting translated interface strings text. Sorry for late answer.
Update.bat updates *.pot and ..\program\%language%\*.dlls simultaneously.

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users