• You cannot reply to this topic

Proposal - [F9] Train Operations Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 January 2024 - 01:43 PM

Hi All,

When using this new Train Car Operations feature, it was sometimes difficult to see the car ID labels.
To make it easier, the car ID label is now visible only, on top of the selected car.
This improvement only works, if we have switched to Player Control, the Car labels <F7> are set to visible and the Train Operations Viewer or the Train Car Operations Webpage is visible, otherwise, the Car labels will look as usual.

Attached Image: Selected-Car-0-21.jpg
Next to the car type label, the name of the selected car shape has been added, which usually contains more information about the wagon type.

The Front Coupler will be disabled if the wagon type is a Tender.

Attached Image: FrontCouplerDisabled-Tender.jpg

If more than two cars have a braking system element, that prevents the train from moving, an exclamation mark appears.

Attached Image: ResetBrakes-01.jpg

Clicking on this icon restarts the entire braking system and the train can move.

Attached Image: ResetBrakes-02.jpg

These enhancements are available since the unstable version U2024.01.29-2052.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Mauricio

#62 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 29 January 2024 - 04:40 PM

View PostWeter, on 29 January 2024 - 07:24 AM, said:

Hello, Traindude.

Agree totally.
One confusing thing: articulated steamers (how to recognise and display?)... maybe, control car/EMU symbols missing.

Keep in mind that this is only a partial list I made, while thinking out loud. I'm not sure what the symbol for a control/cab car would be since it would be necessary to visually differentiate it from regular passenger cars.

Peter Newell (steamer_ctn), and Darwin Smith (darwins) have been talking about the articulated loco issue, especially after my success with my experimental one-piece freelanced Challenger. I'd even drafted a proposal for how articulated steam (and other) locomotives could be implemented in ORTS. In the case of existing MSTS-era "multi-section" articulated locos that treat each section of the chassis as a separate locomotive, I made a proposal for essentially "uniting" the two (or more) shape files, so they are controlled by a single *.eng file.

But all that will be worked out later. Word on the street is that the next CTN project may be another one-piece articulated... (I'm not gonna spoil the fun and tell you what it is just yet)

#63 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 January 2024 - 06:08 PM

I'm not sure what the symbol for a control/cab car would be since it would be necessary to visually differentiate it from regular passenger cars.

red-tipped end, maybe...

#64 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 12 March 2024 - 01:23 PM

Hello,

This feature has been improved so that it now reacts to the camera car keys <Alt>+<NUM. 1>(Last), <Alt>+<NUM.7>(First), Alt>+<NUM.3>(Previous), <Alt>+<NUM.9>(Next) and displays the selected car in the Train Car Operations window (<Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F9>).

It is available from unstable build U2024.03.12-1940.

Regards,
Mauricio

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users