• You cannot reply to this topic

Route Building Tutorial and Demonstration Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:41 AM

View PostWeter, on 24 January 2023 - 07:58 AM, said:

Internet connection is needed for downloading appropriate map overlays too - during new tiles creation on Your route.
Minimal download is done by program during first run. The rest... I since have no idea about right folders structure of TSRE, so, however I've downloaded that *.arch, I don't know is it actually used or no. Hence, no suggestions about that. But yes, template route is a source of terrain textures, objects (most - without textures) and some other stuff, needed for route creation, while user have no MSTS installed.

I've merged folders from *.arch and self-downloaded ones... They mostly contain same files, so...

TSRE5 *.arch files are versions of the Editor for Lunux.
The last work that Goku implemented in his editor is the possibility of editing routes by several users at the same time, for this you have to have it running on a TSRE5 server. This started from TSRE5_v0.7.005.exe which would be for windows servers and the TSRE5_v0.7.005_ARCH file would be for Linux servers. It is a pity that you cannot access the Goku forum, where the operation of this multiplayer editor is explained.

Here the subject in ET

#42 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:51 AM

I operated on the demo server he had for a while but sadly I do not know how to create a server to make it work, and my PT79 project would certainly benefit a lot from it.
But has far as I remember there weren't many details about the operation of the MP version.

#43 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:12 AM

Please note, it takes very long to load the page on the waybackmachine

#44 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:30 AM

View PostKapitaen13, on 26 January 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

Please note, it takes very long to load the page on the waybackmachine

This does not work for me, the browser blocks the page for not being secure.

#45 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:58 AM

View Postxavivilla, on 26 January 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

This does not work for me, the browser blocks the page for not being secure.

Yes, that is correct...

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/01/26/Screen-Shot-01-26-23-at-06.45-PM.jpeg

....but how can you open elvastower, that is just as insecure?

https://dat-host.de/images/2023/01/26/Screen-Shot-01-26-23-at-06.45-PM-001.jpeg

#46 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 26 January 2023 - 05:28 PM

View Postxavivilla, on 26 January 2023 - 02:41 AM, said:

TSRE5 *.arch files are versions of the Editor for Linux.

I tested the install of TRSE v0.7.012 again on a Windows 10 computer. When the computer is offline, no tiles are created at all when creating the first new route. So, as Weter mentioned, the computer does need to be online for TSRE to create tiles. The Arch file is indeed not needed (as I thought before). I think what fooled me before was that on every try, the first time I create a new route, the initial tile comes back completely black without terrain. With the second new route after a fresh install of TSRE the terrain is green and all initial objects are available. It doesn't make a difference if the Arch file is there or not. Good to know arch is a TSRE version for Linux. It seems trivial but is important to get the TSRE install instructions clear for beginning route builders. Thanks for the info!

#47 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:11 PM

I'd say, not for creating tiles, but for getting all other stuff's "minimal set", needed for new route to become complete. Hence, no stuff (including very important principal tile texture microtex.ace) - no sense to generate tiles (or they will be black, without a texture), however, for this, maybe archive with "sample route" would help, if You offline.

#48 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:31 PM

View PostWeter, on 22 January 2023 - 01:53 PM, said:

If You are going to build a real-based route, I strongly recommend You to learn Darwin Smith's document about minimizing topography distortion of coordinates gird before starting Your work.

That is a good tip for modelling real world based routes! I am afraid I will have to restart my route again with this knowledge. Just to leave the option open to expand it further east and west. I ran into another "projection" issue with TSRE. Not sure if this is related, but it seems to manifest itself over distance as well. TSRE creates "fault lines" when elevating terrain. There is a way to get around it though.

img]http://www.elvastowe...ttach_id=122181[/img]

((Just in case attaching this image fails, as a real (import) Canadian I should say: Sorry...)) I am loading height maps in the Canadian Rockies at 1600 meters (5200 ft) elevation. It looks as if the tiles were projected outward from sea level to that elevation, creating gaps between the tiles. When I do the same thing with the New Route Building tutorial (Mt Hope, New South Wales, Australia), which is only 150 meters / 500 feet high this does not happen. Not sure at what elevation the fault line phenomenon starts. The work around is to first create at least two tiles in TSRE before applying height maps to them. After that, the tiles are perfectly aligned at higher elevation. If you apply height to the first tile before creating any other tiles, the fault lines will appear for every subsequent tile.

Attached File(s)

#49 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:03 PM

View PostHendrik, on 26 January 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

That is a good tip for modelling real world based routes! I am afraid I will have to restart my route again with this knowledge. Just to leave the option open to expand it further east and west. I ran into another "projection" issue with TSRE. Not sure if this is related, but it seems to manifest itself over distance as well. TSRE creates "fault lines" when elevating terrain. There is a way to get around it though.

img]http://www.elvastowe...ttach_id=122181[/img]

((Just in case attaching this image fails, as a real (import) Canadian I should say: Sorry...)) I am loading height maps in the Canadian Rockies at 1600 meters (5200 ft) elevation. It looks as if the tiles were projected outward from sea level to that elevation, creating gaps between the tiles. When I do the same thing with the New Route Building tutorial (Mt Hope, New South Wales, Australia), which is only 150 meters / 500 feet high this does not happen. Not sure at what elevation the fault line phenomenon starts. The work around is to first create at least two tiles in TSRE before applying height maps to them. After that, the tiles are perfectly aligned at higher elevation. If you apply height to the first tile before creating any other tiles, the fault lines will appear for every subsequent tile.

I have seen fault lines in lower level routes. So it is good to know there is a solution.

**Admin - please can you make the problem and solution a sticky in a route building thread as this is valuable information people will need to keep referring to. **

#50 User is offline   Hendrik 

• Fireman

Posted 27 January 2023 - 12:08 PM

View Poststeved, on 21 January 2023 - 04:10 PM, said:

If you want a decent collection of shapes and textures you should get the Monon.

Randy

Monon looks absolutely beautiful! I tried to download Scalerail and Scaleroad (Monon only requires Scaleroad I believe) from www.3dtrains.com but the site seems to be offline. All searches on internet lead to the same dead end (and many scam download sites). Does anyone know if these are still available for download?

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users