Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#241 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 January 2024 - 12:03 PM

Luis,
I'm investigating it and most likely it is due to changes made to the adhesion code, that I have imported from the official versions (which you say fail too).
What I can say as of now is that CC works if you select Simple Adhesion. Maybe this can help you to go on with your tests.

#242 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 January 2024 - 12:34 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 January 2024 - 12:03 PM, said:

Luis,
I'm investigating it and most likely it is due to changes made to the adhesion code, that I have imported from the official versions (which you say fail too).
What I can say as of now is that CC works if you select Simple Adhesion. Maybe this can help you to go on with your tests.

Hello Carlos.

Thank you for the clarification and feedback.

Cool thing what you're doing. :-)

I'm looking forward to continuing the tests now.

Greeting
Luis

#243 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 January 2024 - 12:37 PM

Hi Luis,
please try applying and running (also under Advanced Adhesion) the attached patch to ORNYMG 149.3 and report about the outcomes.

Attached File  Orts.Simulation.zip (1.04MB)
Number of downloads: 48

#244 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 January 2024 - 02:20 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 11 January 2024 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hi Luis,
please try applying and running (also under Advanced Adhesion) the attached patch to ORNYMG 149.3 and report about the outcomes.

Attachment Orts.Simulation.zip

Hi Carlos.

I tested it, works fine. Now everything is clear again. Thank you very much!

Does this also come with the weekly trial version?

Greeting
Luis

#245 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 12 January 2024 - 06:27 AM

Good that it runs now.
Re the official OR versions, you can follow this thread https://www.elvastow...s-no-more-work/ .

#246 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 January 2024 - 01:41 AM

Vapor3D, do you still have the problem? If yes and if you want, you can send me via PM a download link for your trainset, and I'll check if something can be done (don't expect fast reactions).

#247 User is offline   hehl 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 March 2024 - 03:01 AM

I've got an issue with CC in Testing_version. The combined control lever is used as speed selector.
The train accelerates in CC mode up to the selected speed, but not braking occours if the target speed is below the current speed of train. Advanced adhesion is switched off.

ORNYMG 150.2 works as expected.

#248 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:18 PM

As I continue to use cruise control here and there, I'm finding some additional options I'd like to have:
  • When switching from manual to auto, some way to allow the CC throttle percent to start from the current throttle setting (if the throttle is the force selector) instead of being set to 0. It wastes a lot of time when it kills power and slowly returns back to 100%. This can be especially punishing when activating cruise control while on a hill, as the train will go from full power to no power in an instant, then take many seconds to recover to full power at which point the train speed may have dropped dramatically.
  • Allow the cruise control to "anticipate" overshooting the target speed: Right now, if the train is rapidly accelerating to the target speed, CC will reduce throttle to 0 but will refuse to use dynamic brakes until the train speed actually exceeds the set speed. It would be much smarter if it could be told to use braking when below the set speed (and use power when above the set speed) to keep acceleration under control.
  • I would still like an official option to allow CC to use traction simultaneously with a manual train brake application. This comes up less often than those other two situations but it adds a bit of frustration on some occasions as my system should allow power braking.

#249 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:02 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 January 2024 - 01:41 AM, said:

Vapor3D, do you still have the problem? If yes and if you want, you can send me via PM a download link for your trainset, and I'll check if something can be done (don't expect fast reactions).

Thanks Carlo.

I have actually given up on the solution for now and reverted the files to their previous situation, but it would be very interesting to be able to do that. I keep you very much in mind and as soon as I can, I send you what I have done to see if it is possible that the train behavior is as I think it should be.

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users