Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#231 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 13 November 2023 - 09:24 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 12 November 2023 - 07:42 AM, said:

CC is available in all current official OR versions, as well as in ORNYMG of course.

Hello Carlos, thank you very much for your answer. When I download and install Original OR 1.5, I don't have automatic cruise control. Only when I update on a weekly basis. Then I have cruise control. You can also check in the keyboard setting F1. I tried again two minutes ago and it was exactly the same.
Can we check that?

#232 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 November 2023 - 01:29 PM

Cruise Control should be present in 1.5.1, and in fact the manual of 1.5.1 includes a Cruise Control chapter. I'll do a test when I have time.

#233 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:43 AM

View PostLuis, on 13 November 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hello Carlos, thank you very much for your answer. When I download and install Original OR 1.5, I don't have automatic cruise control. Only when I update on a weekly basis. Then I have cruise control. You can also check in the keyboard setting F1. I tried again two minutes ago and it was exactly the same.
Can we check that?

You are right. I have tested with one locomotive where I inserted the CC, and it doesn't work with stable 1.5.1, while it works with the weekly Testing release and of course with ORNYMG. Sorry, if you want to have a working CC in a stable release, you will need to wait for stable 1.6, which being derived from the Testing releases, will automatically have CC.

#234 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 December 2023 - 03:56 PM

Hi, I am struggling again with this Cruise Control thing but I have a couple of doubts.

The first one is that I cannot move the animation of the ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_MAXIMUM_ACCELERATION:0:0 control. However, in other 3D cabs I made it still works, so it must be something I'm missing and I'll figure out the solution.

The second issue has to do with the triggers for the control sounds. In the manual it says that the numbers 301 and 302 refer to the main controls, i.e.

ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_MAXIMUM_ACCELERATION:0:0

ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_SELECTOR:0

And I have "invoked" them in the following way (which I think is the correct one) in the .sms file:

Skip ( *** Selector speed *** )
				    Discrete_Trigger ( 301 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "R463_regulator1.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
				Skip ( *** Selector force  *** )
				    Discrete_Trigger ( 302 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "R463_regulator1.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

But when I enter the simulation and move those levers with the mouse, I don't hear anything. On the page I usually use as a reference for sound triggers they don't even appear: https://coalstonewca...r-sound-events/

What am I doing wrong? Thank you...

#235 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 December 2023 - 07:26 AM

The sound trigger list in the coalstonewcastle website is not up to date now. Please refer only to the manual.
Trigger 301 is not activated when the selected speed changes, but when the speed selector mode changes. Trigger 304 is instead related to a selected speed change.

#236 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 08 January 2024 - 04:11 PM

Sorry for the delay, Carlo and thanks for the heads up. I understand. The 304 trigger works.

But now I run into a question, and I can't find a way to find information on this. You see. There is no problem to make the Combined Commands lever act as Force Selector at the same time. That's how I have the parameters in my eng file:

ORTSCruiseControl (
		MaxForceSteps ( 10 )
		SpeedSelectorStepTimeSeconds ( 0.4 ) 
		comment (** Rapidez con la que la palanca de velocidad seleccionada añade velocidad, 0,3 es un paso en 0,3 segundos **)
		DynamicBrakeMaxForceAtSelectorStep ( 50 ) 
		comment (** el freno alcanzará el 100% en este paso, cuanto más bajo sea el paso el porcentaje máximo de freno será también menor **)
		NominalSpeedStep ( 5 ) 
		comment (** al pulsar Shift+A o Shift+D cuántas unidades de velocidad debe cambiar la velocidad seleccionada **)
		UseThrottle ( True ) 
		UseThrottleInCombinedControl ( True ) comment (** throttle is used as force selector or speed selector even if in combined control **)
		UseThrottleAsSpeedSelector ( True )
		UseThrottleAsForceSelector ( True )
		comment (** recomendado False para las locomotoras eléctricas, True para las diésel **)
		StartReducingSpeedDelta ( 0.5 ) 
		comment(** cuanto más bajo sea el número, antes disminuirá la potencia del regulador **)
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelected ( True )  
                comment(** Cuando se selecciona una velocidad distinta de cero, el regulador se pone en automático **)
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelectedAndThrottleAtZero ( True )
		MaxForceKeepSelectedStepWhenManualModeSet ( True )
		ForceResetRequiredAfterBraking ( True )
		ForceResetIncludeDynamicBrake ( True )
		ResetForceAfterAnyBraking ( True )
		DynamicBrakeIsSelectedForceDependant ( True )
		Options ( "RegulatorManual, RegulatorAuto, SelectorOn, StartFromZero, EngageForceOnNonZeroSpeed" )
		ThrottleFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		comment (** tiempo en segundos necesario para que el regulador alcance el 100% de la potencia **)
		ThrottleFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		comment (** Tiempo en segundos necesario para que el regulador disminuya al 0% de la potencia **)
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		comment ( ** Igual que el anterior, pero para el frenado dinámico ** )
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		DefaultForceStep ( 3 )
		SpeedSelectorIsDiscrete ( True )
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroSpeed ( False ) 
		comment (** Si el tren está parado y se aumenta el acelerador y el CC sigue en automático, esto revertirá el modo a manual **)
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroForce ( False ) 
		comment (** si el tren está en movimiento y se aumenta el acelerador y el CC sigue en automático y la fuerza seleccionada es cero, esto revertirá el modo a manual **)
		DynamicBrakeCommandHasPriorityOverCruiseControl ( False )
		HasIndependentThrottleDynamicBrakeLever ( False )
		HasProportionalSpeedSelector ( True )
		DoComputeNumberOfAxles ( True )
		StartInAutoMode ( True )
)	

But to me what I would be interested in, and what I haven't found information about, is to make the Combined Controls lever control the speed (and/or if possible also control the Force with it). If I change certain parameters, it does, but the train power output (Throttle) is always zero and the train does not move.

I'm sure it's silly but I can't figure it out, I'm hoping someone can give me a clue. This CC thing is really very complex and the websites that explained it have disappeared or don't provide examples. And looking for information browsing here is a strenuous task, if it exists at all.

#237 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 10 January 2024 - 11:31 AM

Hello everyone

Does the CC no longer work under U2424.01.09-0607? I tested with all vehicles that I implemented with CC. Nothing works anymore.

Do you have the problem too?

#238 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 10 January 2024 - 12:13 PM

View PostLuis, on 10 January 2024 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hello everyone

Does the CC no longer work under U2424.01.09-0607? I tested with all vehicles that I implemented with CC. Nothing works anymore.

Do you have the problem too?

The CC currently doesn't work in all versions, if I select the speed 40 km/h Target and Maxcell, for example 40%, the CC shoots the speed above that, since when has this been the case? Was there an adjustment at CC? Can someone check this? It's a shame, I wanted to test something big today and I needed the CC for that.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: CC.jpg

#239 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:09 PM

Hello!

Can anyone think of an answer so I can do what I need to do? Thank you!

View PostVAPOR3D, on 08 January 2024 - 04:11 PM, said:

Sorry for the delay, Carlo and thanks for the heads up. I understand. The 304 trigger works.

But now I run into a question, and I can't find a way to find information on this. You see. There is no problem to make the Combined Commands lever act as Force Selector at the same time. That's how I have the parameters in my eng file:

ORTSCruiseControl (
		MaxForceSteps ( 10 )
		SpeedSelectorStepTimeSeconds ( 0.4 ) 
		comment (** Rapidez con la que la palanca de velocidad seleccionada añade velocidad, 0,3 es un paso en 0,3 segundos **)
		DynamicBrakeMaxForceAtSelectorStep ( 50 ) 
		comment (** el freno alcanzará el 100% en este paso, cuanto más bajo sea el paso el porcentaje máximo de freno será también menor **)
		NominalSpeedStep ( 5 ) 
		comment (** al pulsar Shift+A o Shift+D cuántas unidades de velocidad debe cambiar la velocidad seleccionada **)
		UseThrottle ( True ) 
		UseThrottleInCombinedControl ( True ) comment (** throttle is used as force selector or speed selector even if in combined control **)
		UseThrottleAsSpeedSelector ( True )
		UseThrottleAsForceSelector ( True )
		comment (** recomendado False para las locomotoras eléctricas, True para las diésel **)
		StartReducingSpeedDelta ( 0.5 ) 
		comment(** cuanto más bajo sea el número, antes disminuirá la potencia del regulador **)
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelected ( True )  
                comment(** Cuando se selecciona una velocidad distinta de cero, el regulador se pone en automático **)
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelectedAndThrottleAtZero ( True )
		MaxForceKeepSelectedStepWhenManualModeSet ( True )
		ForceResetRequiredAfterBraking ( True )
		ForceResetIncludeDynamicBrake ( True )
		ResetForceAfterAnyBraking ( True )
		DynamicBrakeIsSelectedForceDependant ( True )
		Options ( "RegulatorManual, RegulatorAuto, SelectorOn, StartFromZero, EngageForceOnNonZeroSpeed" )
		ThrottleFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		comment (** tiempo en segundos necesario para que el regulador alcance el 100% de la potencia **)
		ThrottleFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		comment (** Tiempo en segundos necesario para que el regulador disminuya al 0% de la potencia **)
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 8 ) 
		DefaultForceStep ( 3 )
		SpeedSelectorIsDiscrete ( True )
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroSpeed ( False ) 
		comment (** Si el tren está parado y se aumenta el acelerador y el CC sigue en automático, esto revertirá el modo a manual **)
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroForce ( False ) 
		comment (** si el tren está en movimiento y se aumenta el acelerador y el CC sigue en automático y la fuerza seleccionada es cero, esto revertirá el modo a manual **)
		DynamicBrakeCommandHasPriorityOverCruiseControl ( False )
		HasIndependentThrottleDynamicBrakeLever ( False )
		HasProportionalSpeedSelector ( True )
		DoComputeNumberOfAxles ( True )
		StartInAutoMode ( True )
)	

But to me what I would be interested in, and what I haven't found information about, is to make the Combined Controls lever control the speed (and/or if possible also control the Force with it). If I change certain parameters, it does, but the train power output (Throttle) is always zero and the train does not move.

I'm sure it's silly but I can't figure it out, I'm hoping someone can give me a clue. This CC thing is really very complex and the websites that explained it have disappeared or don't provide examples. And looking for information browsing here is a strenuous task, if it exists at all.

#240 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler

Posted 10 January 2024 - 01:26 PM

View PostLuis, on 10 January 2024 - 12:13 PM, said:

The CC currently doesn't work in all versions, if I select the speed 40 km/h Target and Maxcell, for example 40%, the CC shoots the speed above that, since when has this been the case? Was there an adjustment at CC? Can someone check this? It's a shame, I wanted to test something big today and I needed the CC for that.

I tested with ORMG V146 and CC worked. Can you please fix the error in the next version? MG and unstable weekly trial? Would be really nice. Thanks

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users