• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5-Issues with Signals and Traction lines Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:08 AM

Hi, I suspect in some cases TSRE5 is saving wrong parts of the signal shape hierarchy to the tdb, and damaging the tdb. In other words, parts of the signal shape, look like signal subobjects to TSRE5, and it wants to save as if it is a signal head.
My example is my own signal. A single non-linked signal head. It has a semaphore arm and the shape includes an animated non signal part "balance arm". TSRE5 opens a dialogue box for signal links containing "balance arm" On saving both MSTS and ORTS report tdb errors. ( balance arm is just decoration and no part of the signal head)
I have other animated semaphore signals, which are intended to be linked. (just the signal arms, no extra parts) TSRE5 opens a link dialogue box and I can not link them.
UKTS_3479_LSWRSignalKitV2
I don`t know if this is the same problem as the OP, but it does appear TSRE5 has some issues with saving signals.
TSRE5 v0.630
rick
edit : now upgraded to the new shaders - looks great! thanks

#22 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 30 September 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Maybe I am missing something but when I select a signal to place, I only see the red handle, no visible signal post/head to place beside the track.

Further experimentation shows that signal shapes do appear at the same time as the red handle, but not, it seems. signal heads as separate items. At least, I cannot see them and the shape preview window does not show them either. Therefore, what is the difference between a signal shape and a signal head in the route ref file?.

#23 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

Crikey! I`m not the person to talk about signal logic! but here goes!
Signals aren`t defined in the route ref file but in the sigcfg.dat file. A signal shape in the .ref file is just a static item. The sigcfg defines the shape, the number of signal heads and their types etc. ( and a lot more)
Here is the tdb signal entry in my test route for a 2 head linked signal. It dosn`t damage the tdb, but nor can I link it in TSRE5

TrItemTable ( 2
SignalItem (
TrItemId ( 0 )
TrItemSData ( 44.75209 00000002 )
TrItemRData ( -5.1099668 17.984274 91.950706 -6142 14884 )
TrSignalType ( 00000001 1 1.7484555e-07 LSWRStop )
)
SignalItem (
TrItemId ( 1 )
TrItemSData ( 44.75209 00000002 )
TrItemRData ( -5.1099668 17.984274 91.950706 -6142 14884 )
TrSignalType ( 00000001 1 1.7484555e-07 LSWRStopBranch )
)
)
)
The game will recognise the signal items LSWRstop and LSWRstopBranch, and that they have junction links ( from the sigcfg). Does TSRE5 know?
Also if "balance arm" from my other signal is saved in the tdb, then the tdb will be screwed up because balance arm isn`t a signal item. (it isn`t defined in the sigcfg)
I`m just suggesting that this is what might be happening to Rohit`s signals. But then again, sorry if I`m talking rubbish!
If necessary I will put my balance arm signal into the test route and see if the tdb goes pop!
rick

#24 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

View Postrickloader, on 30 September 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Also if "balance arm" from my other signal is saved in the tdb, then the tdb will be screwed up because balance arm isn`t a signal item.

Don't scare peoples. :) When signal is palced wrong, you can just delete it. TDB is screwed up only when it is irreversibly damaged.

#25 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

Hi Goku! I`m really not trying to scare people. The opposite - I want to show that TSRE5 is great, better than MSTS RE,and that routes can be built with it now.
But there are people saying never place interactives until track laying is complete, others till the route is complete.
I think a ORTS route editor should be able to change a route with interactives in place.
1) It is boring for a route builder not to be able to run trains over a part complete route
2) Many existing routes could be improved and extended.
You have previously said that you want route builders to test TSRE5. Well, me and Rohit are testing, and we seem to have run into problems with signals!
However, if you want to say stop investigating, my code isn`t ready yet, then I will leave it. :unsure:
Best wishes, rick

#26 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:49 AM

OK, the sigcfg.dat contains the shape info not the ref file, but my query is still the same
Why does TSRE5 show signal shape when placing in a route such as this one

SignalShape (
"rt3aspsig.s"
"UK 3 Light Signal"
SignalSubObjs ( 1
SignalSubObj ( 0
"HEAD1"
"Signal Head 1"
SigSubType ( SIGNAL_HEAD )
SigSubSType ( "UK3Light" )
)
)
)

but fails to show a shape when placing a signal head such as this one

SignalShape (
"rt3aspsighead.s"
"UK 3 Light Signal Head"
SignalSubObjs ( 1
SignalSubObj ( 0
"HEAD1"
"Signal Head 1"
SigSubType ( SIGNAL_HEAD )
SigSubSType ( "UK3Light" )
)
)
)

When clearly both are defined by shapes.

#27 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:59 AM

View Postrickloader, on 01 October 2016 - 02:11 AM, said:

Hi Goku! I`m really not trying to scare people. The opposite - I want to show that TSRE5 is great, better than MSTS RE,and that routes can be built with it now.
But there are people saying never place interactives until track laying is complete, others till the route is complete.
I think a ORTS route editor should be able to change a route with interactives in place.
1) It is boring for a route builder not to be able to run trains over a part complete route
2) Many existing routes could be improved and extended.
You have previously said that you want route builders to test TSRE5. Well, me and Rohit are testing, and we seem to have run into problems with signals!
However, if you want to say stop investigating, my code isn`t ready yet, then I will leave it. :unsure:
Best wishes, rick

Sir,

I have never met with such a wonderful user friendly program. Goku is always happy with constructive suggestions rather than appraisal. He only aims at betterment of his program. Hence don't feel upset. Your contribution always adds to the beauty of the program. We must have to remember always that Goku only has taken an initiative for the development of this unofficial route editor for OR. OR is a wonderful realistic program and TSRE adds a golden feather to it. We may also try to make this as the official route editor of OR.

Thanks...

#28 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:56 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 01 October 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

Why does TSRE5 show signal shape when placing in a route such as this one
[...]
but fails to show a shape when placing a signal head such as this one
[...]
When clearly both are defined by shapes.

Maybe there is something wrong with this shape? Can you try placing "rt3aspsighead.s" as static object?

#29 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostGoku, on 01 October 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

Maybe there is something wrong with this shape? Can you try placing "rt3aspsighead.s" as static object?

I am not certain there is something wrong with the shape. I get the same with the default JP signalheads in the tutorial route. The signal shape is displayed in the viewport when selected, but the signalhead shape is not

EDIT: 16:00:: Note to self, check shapes folder before asking question. Turns out that although the shapes are in the sigcfg.dat, they are not in the route shapes folder. Locating them and moving them into the shapes folder solved the problem. Maybe a cross check between the sigcfg.dat and the route shapes folder would eliminate this, only showing what is available instead of what the sigcfg.dat contains.

#30 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Another issue...After adding signals to the next section of the route, I tried to create an activity. Then MSTS RE automatically exits...

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users