• You cannot reply to this topic

New Consist Editor for Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#351 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:38 AM

6923 fixed it. I should keep up to date! Thank You, http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif
edit: right after I installed 6923, found 6924 -- warp 9 Goku.

#352 User is offline   BB25187 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails MSTS

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Hello,

View PostGoku, on 19 October 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Try this version:

http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6922.exe

The problem was that TSRE crashed when texture width wasn't divisible by 8.

Thanks for the fix and update. This works fine now!
This fixes the crash of activity editor as well (when those consists are used as loose consist).

Best regards
Vincent

#353 User is offline   OneFlyer 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

It really makes me happy that someone committed to make another consist editor, and it gets a little old after using it for a year or two since I switched to ORTS. Thanks for the continuation on this project, I'll post when I get problems

#354 User is offline   Dusty Crossties 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:16 PM

Many years ago I tried developing a consist editor that would have ended up fairly similar to Mike Warren's YardMaster but with certain additional functionalities. My programming skills were (and still are) too novice level to complete such a job before the entropy death of the universe, but I had some ideas that I thought were pretty good that might be useful to you now. The main objectives were:

1. Make it easy to find the equipment you want with lots of sorting and filtering options. I did this by using a table with many columns, similar to YardMaster. Headings included railroad, livery, type and subtype, make and model, commodity, etc. The significant contribution in this respect was the addition of From and Till columns to designate the time period over which the equipment would be considered prototypical. If the user could not supply From and Till, the program would do so from railroad, livery, type, subtype, etc. with the assistance of data from an included set of csv's (but an online, crowd-sourced database would be far better). For example, an open bilevel autorack with Southern markings can pretty easily be narrowed down to a reasonably tight time period. Model makers might include a separate definition file in their zip packages so that each user wouldn't have to fill in all the details themselves.

2. Make it fast/easy to substitute items, either from the same time period or a different time period, with the goal of allowing the user to quickly rework a downloaded activity. It would have used railroad and commodities (in addition to target date) to determine which wagons should be used. Motive power selection would be determined by matching performance metrics (hp/ton and MaxGrade) to the old consist. A single click would reasonably re-create the consist in the target time period using the most applicable equipment in the user's trainset. Activity creators might include a definition file to help set substitution parameters.

3. Make it easy to manipulate multiple consists, with the goal of enabling the user to easily create a set of consists for an activity/activity pack without opening/closing many files. The concept was to load wagons, etc. into a "yard," similar to YardMaster. The "yard lead" would contain all the rolling stock in the activity/pack (auto-updating), and each track of the yard would contain a different consist. You could split and merge consists graphically. To get started the user would either open an existing activity, set of activities, or set of consists or they could start from scratch. In the latter case, both loading the yard lead and creating the consists could be assisted by the same autoselection process used in #2.

I suspect these ideas might have been more useful to you several months ago. Also, I hate to be the annoying guy who wants someone else to fulfill his ideas. On the other hand, if any of these sound intriguing I can go back and dust off my project to get more details and/or my set of csv data files covering railroads, equipment types, etc.

#355 User is offline   LeoCanhoto 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

I've had work to make TSRE work here, but now it's okay! It's the best...

#356 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

How do you reverse a eng or wag when making a consist?

#357 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

How do you reverse a eng or wag when making a consist?

Click on it and press F

#358 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

View Postespee, on 28 November 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

Click on it and press F

Thanks Richard.

#359 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Goku, you're "how-to" for the Consist Editor has a broken link.

#360 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Okay, I'm just not getting this program. I put the path to the trains folder in the settings.txt file, and nothing happens. I hit the browse button, but it won't let me choose a folder for it to use. I'm at my wits end. I want this thing to work, but I guess I'm just not getting it. I know there's something I'm not doing, I just can't figure out what it is.

• 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users