• You cannot reply to this topic

E.P Brake - No partial Release Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

copperpen, on 08 July 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I still stand by my statement that the EP token does allow for partial release after application, based on what I see in the main HUD, which is exactly the same as an air_single or double with distributor or triple valve. There is already a bug report on this, so I have added my observations to it.

It is very odd, how none of the EP tokens for me, allow partial release.
I never notice a bug report for this. Thanks for checking.

#22 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

In various locomotives I've tried[MILW Electrics, ATSF Decapods on Trainsim.com, MILW F7 Hudson @ Trainsim.com, NH I5 Shoreliner from Trainsim.com, and a plethora of foreign engines], I've used the EP system. At least presuming this is what I am remembering a EP system being... As a brake that has the positions like QUick Release, release, Runing, lap, apply*percentages*, emergency. Or so. Non-autolapping brakes.

If, that is the case then I definitely have a bug with these brakes especially on said equipment pieces!

Quick release doesn't release at all, nor does release-well no, it does release. ONCE. Then when I re-apply the brakes, and go to release them again it doesn't. To release the brakes, I have to use the SHIFT+/ initialize feature.. Unfortunately the same goes for foreign diesels, electrics, so on so forth.

Also after doing a google search, I noticed 'Ep' could also be the UK-Standard Steamer brakes, like what was on the default Flying Scotsman.. No dice on those, either... Prime example locomotive is UKTS' Golden Arrow.

#23 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

In the UK, the E.P brake was use on E.M.U trains from 1951*, along side the westinghouse brake.

In OR, the E.P brake does everything it should, except self lapping in partial release.

Thanks

*1949/50?

#24 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Kazareh, on 15 July 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

In various locomotives I've tried[MILW Electrics, ATSF Decapods on Trainsim.com, MILW F7 Hudson @ Trainsim.com, NH I5 Shoreliner from Trainsim.com, and a plethora of foreign engines], I've used the EP system. At least presuming this is what I am remembering a EP system being... As a brake that has the positions like QUick Release, release, Runing, lap, apply*percentages*, emergency. Or so. Non-autolapping brakes.

If, that is the case then I definitely have a bug with these brakes especially on said equipment pieces!

Quick release doesn't release at all, nor does release-well no, it does release. ONCE. Then when I re-apply the brakes, and go to release them again it doesn't. To release the brakes, I have to use the SHIFT+/ initialize feature.. Unfortunately the same goes for foreign diesels, electrics, so on so forth.

Also after doing a google search, I noticed 'Ep' could also be the UK-Standard Steamer brakes, like what was on the default Flying Scotsman.. No dice on those, either... Prime example locomotive is UKTS' Golden Arrow.

We have Air Twin pipe and Air single pipe, both of which operate properly including self lapping where used.

We have Vacuum brakes which were the standard for most UK steam locomotives including the Flying Scotsman.

A relatively small number used the Westinghouse air system which was also used by EMUs until the advent of the EP brake which has had three varieties in the UK.

The problem with the Open rails EP brake system is that it just does not seem to work. The BP goes up and down as the brake handle is moved, but no pressure is applied via the brake cylinders.

#25 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:47 AM

copperpen, on 15 July 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

the EP brake which has had three varieties in the UK.

The problem with the Open rails EP brake system is that it just does not seem to work. The BP goes up and down as the brake handle is moved, but no pressure is applied via the brake cylinders.

Can you tell me what stock you were using with your E.P brake setup?

Thanks

#26 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

The MT 317

#27 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:14 PM

copperpen, on 15 July 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

The MT 317

I haven't got around updating my 2nd gen 300 series EMUs to OR as yet.
These units use the D+M westcode 3 step brake. They have no brake pipe but have a continuity "wire".
In OR, the EP token would best suit these units, however since no brake pipe needle are displayed in the cab, air_single or twin will give the same effect.

Thanks

#28 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

copperpen, on 06 July 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

BrakeEquipmentType( "Triple_valve, Auxilary_reservoir" )
BrakeSystemType( "EP_single_pipe" )
MaxBrakeForce ( 30kN )
MaxReleaseRate( 20 )
MaxApplicationRate( 10 )
MaxAuxilaryChargingRate( 40.0 )

BrakeCylinderPressureForMaxBrakeBrakeForce( 67.5 )
BrakeDistributorFullServicePressure( 67.5 )
BrakeDistributorMaxAuxilaryResPressure( 140 )
BrakeDistributorReleaseRate( 20 )
BrakeDistributorApplicationRate( 6.25 )
BrakeDistributorTrainPipeControlRatio( 1.6 )
BrakeDistributorNormalFullReleasePressure( 110 )

Peter,

"EP_single_pipe" is not a valid configuration for BrakeSystemType(), you should use "EP" instead (see MSTS eng file manual), and it will be inherited from twin pipe brake system. This is the reason you get "-" on the HUD as the brake system type, which means no brake at all for that car, just a single connecting pipe between fore and after cars, to make the trains's brake system continuous.

#29 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

Coolhand101, on 21 June 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

It appears partially release for the EP brake may have been left out!
Can someone please confirm this ?

Looking at the code, you may be right, there might be a bug here. Without actually testing in the game, I can see a possible fault in the code. Will try to fix it.

#30 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

gpz, on 16 July 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Looking at the code, you may be right, there might be a bug here. Without actually testing in the game, I can see a possible fault in the code. Will try to fix it.

Thank you very much for checking this out!

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users