• You cannot reply to this topic

Timetable concept Alternative way to define running of trains

#591 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 09 July 2023 - 07:49 AM

My link

Such a solution is possible. A BDV electric motor train consisting of two coupled units runs to the branch station. There they split up and continue going in two directions. I got into the rear unit through the station and went on ahead.
Unfortunately, it is not possible with train towing.

#592 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:06 AM

Weter, on 09 July 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

Changing the cab of front train ang continue to opposite direction?

The train arrived from Székesfehérvár on the Balaton Dél railway track ( routes ). The first unit went on to Tapolcá, the second unit to Keszthely. At the end of the station in front of us, the track fork is a few hundred meters away.
I transferred from the first unit to the first command post of the second unit and continued in that direction.
But you can also act as a translator in suburban traffic.

My link

#593 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:37 AM

Weter, on 09 July 2023 - 08:35 AM, said:

Szabadbattyan?

Balatonszentgyörgy

#594 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:47 AM

It's not possible with timetable mode.

If it's Balatonszentgyörgy, I can't catch, why trains split there, for going then at the same branch towards Keszthely and Tapolcá?
Why don't split at Keszthely?

#595 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:58 AM

Weter, on 09 July 2023 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's not possible with timetable mode.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. The recording was made in timetable mode. We didn't know for a long time how the separation works if this train is the lead train. At the beginning of the recording, the Timetable Detach Menu gives you the option to switch. If you close it with Enter, you will stay at the front. Or you can transfer to the second unit by changing the driver's cab. Enter and the first unit will go in front of you.
Only works with symmetrical EMU or DMU.
This is also something that is missing from the manual.
Unfortunately, the TT is no longer available. I think it was multi consist.

#596 User is online   Weter 

Posted 09 July 2023 - 09:02 AM

Cool.
You've just invented a walkaround!

Unfortunately, the TT is no longer available. I think it was multi consist.

Sorry, What was meant?

#597 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2023 - 09:48 AM

Laci1959, on 09 July 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

My link

Such a solution is possible. A BDV electric motor train consisting of two coupled units runs to the branch station. There they split up and continue going in two directions. I got into the rear unit through the station and went on ahead.
Unfortunately, it is not possible with train towing.

In your example, there were 2 power units, and they went in different directions

In my situation, the station is a interchange point from diesel to electric power and vice versa. At a certain point, the "train" will be left without a power unit, while the diesel detaches to the stabled, and the electric comes in to attach

As mentioned by Weter, this does not seem supported by Timetable mode other than completing the activity up to the point with one service, detaching it's power unit and parking it. Then starting again the activity with the other locomotive and continuing from there.

I have set it up successfully in activity mode previously, where the player can change control to the new locomotive.

Would have been nice to set it up similarly in timetable mode, since the timetable is much more suited for setting up the rest of the activity

#598 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 July 2023 - 12:57 PM

Weter, on 10 July 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

May I do two little corrections?

1. In Laci's case, both trains (I guess, initially formed as [consist1]+[consist2]) run in the same direction one by one. Second one will finish at next station, and first one will go further.
I'd ask Laci to explain, how exactly he managed to do that (from video, it looks like not just a cab switch, but menu usage instead)? I'm courious.

2. In real life, diesel crews usually stay with diesel and take a return train, so does electric crew. This way, such operation is more prototipic.
If player wants, he can restart timetable session (choosing light locomotive could be buggy, by the way), for driving new train, or re-attach cameras - for following his train as a passenger, after stabling his uncoupled locomotive on siding.

1. Correct, my mistake there with regards to "direction", but I would like to assume that if one uses the "detach" command for the front portion & that is defined as a new train, would the "player" cab automatically shift to the rear one which continues as the existing train? Definitely a scenario to try out

2. I would agree, from a prototypical perspective. In my activity actually it makes a reasonable break as the switch happens about 2 hours into the run. Earlier however I had the activity set up such in "Activity Mode" that the switch happened near the start of the activity (diesel train pulls in, detaches, and electric loco takes over - within first 15 mins of the activity). The one capability there that makes a difference is ability to change the controlled train dynamically or "Hotseat" into a loaded running train - which is still something I miss in Timetable Mode.

I wonder if a player can remain "active" on a static consist in timetable mode (i.e. passively waiting until a power unit is attached to the static consist) - I believe not as well

#599 User is online   Weter 

Posted 10 July 2023 - 06:21 PM

It will be "inactive", if not clearly defined as "static".

#600 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 July 2023 - 11:04 PM

Rules on detach for player train (also applies on detach action as part of transfer command) :
  • If only one portion has a driveable cab, the player will stay with that portion.
    This is regardless of whether that portion is the continuation of the original train, or the detached portion.
  • If both portions have a driveable cab, a pop-up menu is shown which indicates what will happen to the player train on detach. By switching cabs, the player can move to the required portion with which he wants to continue. The detach must be confirmed when the player is in a cab which is part of the required portion.

It is not possible to stay with a portion of a train which has no driveable cab. This is because the way the program is set up at present. The program requires a 'player locomotive', which is an engine with a driveable cab. All 'viewer' actions and a lot more are linked to this 'player locomotive'. Without it, the program would crash left, right and centre.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users