Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 81 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#411 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

Ok, there were some errors in the .cvf and .s file, but there was also a bug in OR, that I have corrected in x.4136.

#412 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Cab completed.... :dance3:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/944/28222693328_325aaa382b_o.pngOpen Rails 2018-05-13 04-28-00, on Flickr

with Night textures as well.... 8>

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/831/28222689918_6d249e3d96_o.pngOpen Rails 2018-05-13 04-21-05, on Flickr

#413 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

Nice!

#414 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

The cabview controls PANTOGRAPHS_4, PANTOGRAPHS_4C and PANTOGRAPHS_5 can't be managed by mouse, neither in 2D nor in 3D cabs. This is now OK in x.4137 (but not for PANTOGRAPHS_5).

#415 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

View Postmidneguy, on 09 April 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

Hello all - I just thought of a question and wanted to ask in case someone would know before doing a bunch of experimenting... For my newest Mason Bogie steam locomotive model, I would like to have the coal level in the tender animated so that it moves up and down from within the 3D Cabview as it is consumed while running, or when it is refilled. In this case though, the Mason Bogie is essentially a tank engine since it does not have a separate coupled tender .wag behind the locomotive. I was thinking how this could be set up and going back through this topic I came across post #304 here:

http://www.elvastowe...post__p__178358

I noticed that there is a supported variable in the list of "FUEL_GAUGE" and I wondered if this can be used to animate the coal load in a steam locomotive of the tank engine type, or does this parameter only work for Diesel locomotives? If this does only work for Diesel locomotives, would it be possible to add another supported variable, perhaps named "TENDER_COAL" or something similar to that?

Thanks!

Hello again all... I'm still perplexed by this problem, after having tried and failed to get the coal load in my 3D Cab to work for what is essentially a tank locomotive... Can anyone share some more insight into this, or is this something that needs to be officially submitted to the Open Rails Team so it can be added to the "to do" list?

Thanks! :)

#416 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

midneguy, FUEL_GAUGE is only for diesels up to now. Extending it to tank steamers (which have IsTenderRequired set to 0 in the .eng file) to get a value of coal (or fuel for oil steamers) level seems not a big task. I have here a replacement .dll for OR x.4137. FUEL_GAUGE returns a value from 0 (empty tank) to 1 (full tank) for tank steamers.
Check if this change works for you. If yes and you desire this in the standard OR version, open a Trello box as explained here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__201634 .

20/5/2018: new release of .dll available

#417 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 17 May 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

midneguy, FUEL_GAUGE is only for diesels up to now. Extending it to tank steamers (which have IsTenderRequired set to 0 in the .eng file) to get a value of coal (or fuel for oil steamers) level seems not a big task. I have here a replacement .dll for OR x.4137. FUEL_GAUGE returns a value from 0 (empty tank) to 1 (full tank) for tank steamers.
Check if this change works for you. If yes and you desire this in the standard OR version, open a Trello box as explained here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__201634 .

Attachment Orts.Simulation.dll.zip

Carlo - thanks very much! From just a quick test it looks like this does indeed work! When I have more time later I'll perform a longer test to verify the coal shape moves downward as the fuel is consumed over a longer run, and moves up again with refuelling... I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks!

#418 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

View Postmidneguy, on 17 May 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Carlo - thanks very much! From just a quick test it looks like this does indeed work! When I have more time later I'll perform a longer test to verify the coal shape moves downward as the fuel is consumed over a longer run, and moves up again with refuelling... I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks!

Carlo - I did have a chance to perform a longer test this evening, and it appears that what you did works exactly as needed! I definitely thank you for looking into this! I'll get this submitted through the regular channels to get officially added to the OR code. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif

Derek

#419 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

I generated a blueprint for this here https://blueprints.l...ge-for-steamers and hope that this can become part of OR 1.3.
For coherence with other gauges I will make a modification and provide the gauge value in Kg, and not as a fractional value from 0 to 1.

#420 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 19 May 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

I generated a blueprint for this here https://blueprints.l...ge-for-steamers and hope that this can become part of OR 1.3.
For coherence with other gauges I will make a modification and provide the gauge value in Kg, and not as a fractional value from 0 to 1.

Carlo - I definitely appreciate that... I wonder though, would it be possible to be able to specify the units in Pounds (lbs) as well as in Kg, depending on the region of the locomotive and modeler? I was also curious, what's the current outlook for when OR 1.3 will be released? That may impact when I decide to release my Mason Bogie models since I would like this feature to be configured and work correctly for them when made available to the public.

I also have another question I just stumbled on to... As I was fine tuning and debugging the cab control animations on my Mason Bogie steamer model, I noticed what appears to be a discrepancy for the dampers. There is only one keyboard command for opening or closing the Dampers, that being key "M". Referring back to post 304 in this thread, a list of supported animations lists both "DAMPERS_FRONT" and "DAMPERS_BACK". For my model, there are two different levers, one for the front Damper and one for the Back. In the 3D .cvf file, I have the following two entries, corresponding to two animated nodes in the 3D Cab .s file which have the same names:

Dial (
Type ( DAMPERS_BACK DIAL )
Style ( NOT_SPRUNG )
ScaleRange ( 0 1 )
)
Dial (
Type ( DAMPERS_FRONT DIAL )
Style ( NOT_SPRUNG )
ScaleRange ( 0 1 )
)

I have only been able to get the lever in the 3D Cabview for the front damper to animate and move with the damper open / close command by the keyboard "M" key. So it seems the Dampers control only effects the front damper, and even though a rear damper animation is possible for the 3D Cabview, there's not actually a key available to control it.

Of course I can work around this by renaming the two dampers in the shape hierarchy to be DAMPERS_FRONT:0:0 and DAMPERS_FRONT:0:1 so that they both respond to the single Damper control in unison, or even just combine them into one part under a single animation node... for this particular model that would be acceptable and not a problem. However, since there seems to be a discrepancy between the supported animations and the actual controls available to operate them, I thought I'd point this out in case it's an oversight that needs to be corrected.

Thanks again for your help!

• 81 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users