• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-09 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   ATSF3751 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

So I was just playing MSTS and here are a couple of new features I was thinking about for Open Rails that MSTS does not have. Some of these are more advanced and just ideas for future Open Rails releases.

1. Would it be possible to have multi player steam locomotives. What I mean by that is if you are double heading would it be possible to have separate people drive separate locomotives in the consist?

2. Will steam locomotives/diesels have MU capability? Most steam locomotives now in the US have MU capabilities so they are able to control diesel locomotives from the cab of the steam locomotive. Examples are MILW 261, UP 844 and 3985, SP 4449, NKP 765 and a couple of others that are on the mainlines today.

3. Turning locomotives on and off

4. Maintenance and servicing of locomotives
Example may be putting in coal and water for a steam locomotive along with greasing and other mechanical issues that go with steam locomotives. Diesel locomotives as well maintenance issues, refueling, sanding and other maintenance that goes with diesels.

5. New sounds for Locomotives and cars.
Examples may be Start up and shut down sounds for diesels, Dyno sounds for steam locomotives, Slack sounds for rail cars, and other railroad sounds that anyone else can come up with that arnt already used in the SMS files for MSTS.

6. Derailments and hot boxes
Will it be possible to have more accurate derailments and possibly real hot box issues along with journal issues with steam locomotives and having cars and locomotives set off hot box detectors.

7. Getting on and off your locomotive
Will it be possible to get on and off locomotives and cars along with possibly walking down the length of your train to check for issues that may occur?

Yes I know Open Rails is still a work in progress and still a long ways from getting to where everyone wants it to be. Open Rails I really think has brought a whole new level of real world Train Simming to MSTS and wish everyone working on it the best of luck with every thing and thanks for doing such wonderful work. I just thought I would put in my thoughts and ideas and if anyone want to add go right ahead.

Brandon

<< ADMIN EDIT >>

Brandon's note was started under the topic of Locomotive Ideas. I had a request from the OR team to merge it with the ORTS Wish List thread and so... here it is.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users