• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-09 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostCrisGer, on 09 September 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

yes the Steam issue is the main reason I have not moved all of my work to OR. As soon as Steam Engine smoke is realistic as good as this i will be there.

What did you do to get these screenshots? Are they simply custom smoke.ace files or more? The former should work in OR, though the steam density and plume path may not yet be ideal.

#22 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's a strange alpha sorting problem.....related to the alpha'd? power wires.

Cheers Bazza

#23 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

sorry to be slow.

I have created a custom ACE that has heavy smoke found notes on this on a russian site and followed their lead to try to develop the most realistic smoke possible. I will be happy to share it with anyone...yes the volume does get a bit weird when i have the dampers all open, but i am not skilled enough to control the spawn point or adjust much other than the visuals. thanks for the replies and the smoke project thread will go there very soon. Just dancing with TSM at the moment :oldstry:

and i have found some strange artifacts around over head wires with my smoke. not sure why it happens, looks like Captain may.

I will try my ACE in OR and see what happens.

#24 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

A simple wish: the possibility to kill an AI train. Sometimes, especially during debugging, they do not behave like good guys, and so it would be nice if they could be selectively killed.

#25 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Actually, this would be a good Thing, indeed. Would allow you to escape quite a bit of Trouble :)

Cheers, Markus

#26 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'd prefer to be able to take control of the AI train and make it do what it should be doing anyway.

#27 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

I´m partial to this solution: It would work for the possibility that the Train can go somewher out of the way, IE to some track where it´s in the clear. Also, one could then take control of AI Trains in General, I guess.

But for the case that the Train can´t go anywhere (e.g. two-way meet on a single track-route at a siding too short for both Trains), deleting one / the AI would be the only soltion...

Cheers, Markus

#28 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 20 September 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

A simple wish: the possibility to kill an AI train. Sometimes, especially during debugging, they do not behave like good guys, and so it would be nice if they could be selectively killed.

LMFAO! I love this~! Do you know how many 14 y.o.s you'd suck into this game if you could "Kill Trains"?

I can just see it now, little jimmy in front of his monitor muttering to himself "Die train, Die...", LMFAO!

:)

That said, on a practical level, I more closely agree with Jared's suggestion of being able to take control of an AI. It just makes more sense. Imagine, a botched scenario (For any number of reasons, we've all encountered them. Unexpected .ENG Update makes the train run too quickly, Poor Signal Programming on a route, Poor Path/Service Programming by the Activity creator, any number of other foibles), and to fix it all you have to do is switch cabs, request permission to pass that red signal its stuck at, and pull it up to a passing track. Ideally the AI could then just resume the rest of its programmed course, but this might be asking for too much, lol.

Falcus

#29 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

When you want to play, OK by loosing 10 minutes to put your AI train out if way and to reschedule the other trains (if possible). Taking control of an AI train is obviously a nice but not fast to implement feature.

When you want to debug an activity and you're in a deadlock situation, it's much faster to kill the train (and it's also faster to implement). And remember that the creator of the activity already decides where the AI train dies (at the end of its path)! So killing the train would simply anticipate its death. ;)

#30 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Has there been any discussion on AI trains being able to couple to and uncouple from consists?

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users