• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-09 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Would it be factible to implement turntables? Also I would like for the menu the option to customize it, just like you can do in MSTS, would those 2 things be possible?

#2 User is offline   CGW121 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

One thing I would like is a way to adjust when the lights at night come on. Lights now seem to come on after it is dark whereas in real life they come on when it is getting dark. If there is a way to adjust that now I am unaware of it.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostCGW121, on 05 September 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

One thing I would like is a way to adjust when the lights at night come on. Lights now seem to come on after it is dark whereas in real life they come on when it is getting dark. If there is a way to adjust that now I am unaware of it.

There is a way to do it and I've asking for the feature since the beginning of the project: We need a pair of parameters for what hour for the night texture is to be applied and another hour when it is to be removed. Put the two into the .sd as defaults for that shape. It could be implemented now w/o harm to MSTS because MSTS never reads past the parenthesis the closes the initial grouping. Later on, when there is a new world editor, let the Route Designer edit those on a case by case basis, exactly as he can today with the display level value.

It would look like this:

OpenRails (
	NightLighting (
		LightsOn ( value )
		LightsOff (Value )
	)
	OtherORStuff (
	)
)

IMO the letters .sd mean Shape Description. I think anything that influences the appearance of the shape that cannot be included in the mesh file belongs here. So with that in mind, I'd very much like to see a place where we can specify texture replacements as well as how to merge multiple .s files into a single game shape -- think component shapes for freight cars.

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostGuille592, on 05 September 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Would it be factible to implement turntables?

I've added it to the wish list, but I don't think it will happen soon unless one of our coders fancies a break from the top priority work.

#5 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 05 September 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

I've added it to the wish list, but I don't think it will happen soon unless one of our coders fancies a break from the top priority work.

It's going to be quite a job since we don't have a working model to test. Would be a nice addition. I hate only being able to access one stall of my roundhouse.

#6 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

For a model, don't you just need a Scenery Item as a Hole in the Ground with a Table that either spins or slides back and forth, with animation?

I'm assuming once you have all that you just write Code for it and tweak until it moves correctly?

Amateurishly,
Falcus

#7 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostFalcus, on 05 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

For a model, don't you just need a Scenery Item as a Hole in the Ground with a Table that either spins or slides back and forth, with animation?

I'm assuming once you have all that you just write Code for it and tweak until it moves correctly?

Amateurishly,
Falcus

And what then for the.tdb?

#8 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Isn't that what the "writing code" would be about? But yes, I was remiss in adding that as part of the process. That's why I know I'm still but an amateur at this ^^;.

Falcus

#9 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostFalcus, on 05 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Amateurishly,
Falcus

It also may be that certain parts my need to contain a certain name. The animation could be done by OR just rotating a certain part (with a certain name ) around the Y axis. I don't think we would need any animation since it would be required that the tdb lines to line up. I would think that part would be handled by the Sim. I may be wrong about that. Also it may require additional tdb entries or Tsection.dat entries. The latter may be a issue if routes are to be distributed. Any custom turntable would need an entry in the Tsection.dat unless it could be setup some way in the local Tsection.dat like dynamic track. It is going to be a whole new ball game with turntables. While they function similar to turnouts they will require the ability to alter paths on both ends simotaniusly while moving the engine SMOOTHLY with the change. It is doubtful that any predefined path will be able to cross a turntable because if the table is moved the path will become broken. Maybe OR will handle this differently than MSTS and that won't be the case.

#10 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Would it be possible to make Debugging Long activities that Need exact AI Timing easier, by letting you set up a "restart Point" (save at a certain Point) from where you do all your Debugging? This would include the AI / traffic list to be updated on every reload, see this thread here on ET: http://www.elvastowe...uring-creation/

Cheers, Markus

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users