• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Riverland Lines W.I.P. Interurban Electric route for TS2015 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   c36dash7 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 12 August 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Now if we could get that quality and detail in OR, then I'd be very happy. Cheers Bazza

Feedback on comment : After reviewing the very first screenshots in this thread, and strictly based on "first impression", I had this "hunch" that this was more than plain MSTS , or even using Open Rails, although, only after the second or third viewing , did I fully realize this was in an entirely different simulator / platform .

Personally, I am left completely speechless , by what I can see being posted here, and am firmly convinced I am not the only one, that is completely overwhelmed by such masterful work .

In summary, we need to look beyond the technology "platform", and fully realize we are contemplating the work of a true Master Craftsman.

I am most definitely looking forward to further developments with this project ! '-)

Jean Brisson Route Builder

#22 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Bobbie, I absolutely love what you are accomplishing on this route. It is a master work. You have a good sense of "place and time" and know how to carry it across in a believable fashion. Wonderful!

#23 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

Absolutely stunning :) This is the first time I have seriously considered trying the other sim..

#24 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts
  • Simulator:Railworks/MSTS

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

HI all, Thanks for the kind reply's!

First of all, im using TS2013 because of the fact that i can build realistic scenes (atleast, more than MSTS did), and thats about all the reasons why. I'm a train Engineer in Reallife, so i'm not into 'driving' in a simulator. I just want to build my own virtual model railroad like thingy.

I think what works well in this route is the fact that is' about 70% reallity and maybe 30% fictional. As told earlyer, it's the real Aroostook Valley Railway Trail, just with an fictional route on top. The Scenery itself is identical on what google earth gives me to that area, so it is a nice mix.

anyway, here are some new WIP Screens from New Holland (New Holland is the biggest place, and 1 of the 2 places with street running, al tough it's not that much....

1. This picture was taken on a building roof. The Local trains is departing from the MainStreet Terminal (lower left corner) while an express train tries to reach the terminal in the traffic.
Attached File  rss21.jpg (658.75K)
Number of downloads: 21

2. After the departure, I went to the Carbarn, to photograph the 2 Rushour trains. This first trains was for the local New Holland Service, which run 2 times a day to the Northern part of New Holland.
Attached File  rss22.jpg (567.02K)
Number of downloads: 25

3. Just a bit later i was the 2 car Rushour trainset for the express train to Bradfort, while the local service train to Northern New Holland drove by...
Attached File  rss20.jpg (672.66K)
Number of downloads: 24

4. And as last a bit of a sad picture, those engine standing on the 2 tracks are ready for the scrapyard. More trains will follow, because at this point, no train will be repaired anymore when it going defect! (it's 1962)
Attached File  rss23.jpg (501.89K)
Number of downloads: 17

oh, and before i forget to tell this: i'm getting most of my inspiration from pictures and stuff like that. And also from what in my mind, but i want to stay on a realistic course with everything. Things in those screens may change because i (might) not like it in the end, but for now im happy with it!

Have fun watchin the screens!

Cheers,
Bob

#25 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi all, another update on New Holland (which is still very much WIP, since it's a quiet big place to build with at the details i want to put in there..

This time something different than Passenger terminals, focusing more on the Freight on the line and the NHER yard at New Holland, which has 5 tracks in total, enough for all the local freight.

1. a look at the yard itself, A Electric car with 3 boxcars just arrived at track 1. The NHER has 4 ex B&M GE44 locomotives since 1960 for freigth operations, 2 of them are stationed in New Holland. Only Track 1 and 2 are still electrified, so that electric traction can still deliver or depart with trains from the terminal, al tough, that became a rare sight from when the GE44 locomotives came... The Train Engineer and Conductor of the GE44 are discussing on how to do their job today, while they wait till the electric car left track 1 to get those boxcars and go to the custommers.
Attached File  Rss24.jpg (733.85K)
Number of downloads: 18

2. The seccond GE44 is bussey with serving the lagergest and most important industry in New Holland. Currently pulling out the loaded Boxcars, to switch them with the empty ones on the next track. There are a total of 3 tracks over here, 1 for loading/unloading and 2 for additional stock, al tough most of the times only 1 track of them is used. the Yard is directly on the left side of the building (behind the trees), which means there is enough Switching to be done before it can be reached...
Attached File  Rss25.jpg (733.58K)
Number of downloads: 22

Everything is still pretty much WIP, the factory area will get to look like one when i'm going to do the fine details in this area, there is still enough other work to do before im going to be bussey with that!

have fun watching!
Cheers,
Bob

#26 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Another Update from me on this route, still a the Northern Part of New Holland and at the Freight yard and industries..

1. An Tourist train on it's way to Bradfort, thos trains drove from mid 50thies till 1963 and had a 5 or 6 wagon consist.
Attached File  rss27.jpg (560.07K)
Number of downloads: 21

2. This picture was taken at the halt at Northern New Holland with a local train to the MainStreet Terminal.
Attached File  rss26.jpg (653.88K)
Number of downloads: 29

3. the Carbarn for the GE44's at the Freight Yard, the crew is currently enjoying a brake in their work routine.
Attached File  rss28.jpg (513.26K)
Number of downloads: 19

4. The yard in eastbound direction.
Attached File  rss29.jpg (706.76K)
Number of downloads: 12

5. The yard in Westbound Direction, seen from the entrance.
Attached File  rss30.jpg (611.54K)
Number of downloads: 10

have fun watchin the screen shots!

#27 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

and more screen shots :D their all from New Holland again... (just a place that needs a lot of work!)

1. The 2 tracks at the factory with a set of Boxcars on it. With the trailers, this place looks more finished, don't know what to add more over here, any ideas?
Attached File  rss31.jpg (725.98K)
Number of downloads: 24

2. The Ex B&M 113 leaving the yard after the express train passed at the main tracks.
Attached File  rss32.jpg (725.05K)
Number of downloads: 38

3. I took this picture on my way down to Main Street. A local service train passing by
Attached File  rss33.jpg (799.63K)
Number of downloads: 34

4. And a bit later an Express service to Bradfort..
Attached File  rss34.jpg (661.82K)
Number of downloads: 30

5. I went to the church at Main street and took this picture trough the window in the tower..
Attached File  rss35.jpg (691.22K)
Number of downloads: 25

Thats it for today, it's 2:20 am, should be in bed... but i can't stop building! :) Don't tell me that i'm addicted to it....

Cheers,
Bob

#28 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Bob, you're addicted. If you do it past your bedtime, you're hopelessly hooked. :D

:)

#29 User is offline   ILuvSantaFe 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Train Sim

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

You have got to tell us what kind of camera you used for these outstanding pics. In your last post Bob the number 1 picture of the 2 tracks at the factory with a set of Boxcars on it is just amazing and so real. Great Job!!

Bill

#30 User is offline   sawyer811 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Trainz/MSTS

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Needs Moar Boxcab/Steeple Cab electric freight locos :blink::)

Seriously though, this thread is making me seriously consider buying the sim-that-shall-not-be-named (joke taken from the Auran/N3V Trainz forums...that's our name for Railworks). But then again, I'd have to sell and arm and a leg to have enough cash to buy any kind of appreciable American steam roster....so yeah, I wouldn't do it in the end because I'm cheap.

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users