• You cannot reply to this topic

Riverland Lines W.I.P. Interurban Electric route for TS2015 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts
  • Simulator:Railworks/MSTS

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hello everyone,

Iv'e started a new project with an interurban streetcar line. It is fictional again (like the New Holland Transit was for MSTS).

What is the Riverside Streetcar line?

The Riverside Streetcar line is an Interurban line running between the town of Westford and the city of St. Paul. The route will be somewhere between 15 to 20 miles long with parts of Single and dual tracks.

History (fictional ofcourse):

The City of St. Paul had once a large Streetcar network with 4 different Interurban Lines, the Riverside line was one of these 4 interurban lines that ran from Downtown St. Paul into the suburbs. The Riverside line was opened in 1926 as the last of the 4 interurban lines to be built from the town. In 1938 the city decided to replace the Streetcar network in the city with cheaper Busses. The streetcar lines in the city itself where closed between the years 1939 and 1948. After that the first Interurban line closed down in 1941 and the second one in the year 1955. This left 2 lines that where still alive because of the lack of investment in a good infrastructure, which was needed for the buses to operate. Altough there where still 2 interurban lines, The streetcars would end their route at the City borders from 1951 to 1955, since the City was completely under the rule of the busses. The Riverside Line was the only still opperating line after 1956 as the other line would officially close in 1956. On the Riverside line operating costs where cut when they desided to use the old PCC streetcars that used to run in the city instead of the huge Interurban trolley's who already where well aged. So now in 1964, The lonely "Riverside Streetcar" is still running between Westford and St. Paul, but for how long? No one knows....

Progress screenshots:

FullertonStreet
Attached File  2013-04-17_00008.jpg (487.9K)
Number of downloads: 18
Attached File  2013-04-17_00009.jpg (537.78K)
Number of downloads: 15
Fullerton Street whas a station with his own station building once, but after the Renovation in the late 50ths, early 60ths, it was closed down to never be used again!

Bakerfield
Attached File  2013-04-18_00001.jpg (398.35K)
Number of downloads: 14
Whats more romantic on a first date then a Streetcar with a nice view? :sorry2: At the Bakerfield Streetcar halt.

Attached File  2013-04-18_00005.jpg (491.27K)
Number of downloads: 13
Streetcar comming from the bridge to stop at Bakerfield

Attached File  2013-04-18_00004.jpg (468.62K)
Number of downloads: 11
And... Flour is what you need these days i guess :mellow:

Attached File  2013-04-18_00003.jpg (495.42K)
Number of downloads: 10
Scenery between Fullerton Street and Bakerfield.

NOTE: This route is still 100% WIP, things might change and please don't mind the Wires, i know they are too low at the moment, But i will get that right later on. Also: Donner Pass, Horseshoe Curve, NEC are needed to play this route (moste are standart routes in TS2013).

Enjoy! and feel free to ask anything!

#2 User is offline   delamate 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

This looks very nice. Will the PCC cars be supplied with the route?

John DeLamater

#3 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

View Postdelamate, on 19 April 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

This looks very nice. Will the PCC cars be supplied with the route?

John DeLamater

Hi, The PCC cars are made by RScott and are for download at the RailworksAmerica website. I'm planning to make a Readmy file with all the used objects in it and when needed where to download it, so it will be easier to find all the third party objects.

Bob

#4 Inactive_The NS Guy_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

very nice!

#5 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostThe NS Guy, on 20 April 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

very nice!

Thank you!

New update: I worked a bit on the Greenwood Area tonight. It's a station with wooden platforms and the old station building is still alive! This station is also situated on a narrow space between the Greenwood Bridge and the Tunnel on the other side. The Greenwood Brigde is the biggest and most expensive bridge on the Riverside line that was build. Officialy it's the seccond Greenwood bridge, due to the fact that the first one collapsed in 1929. Since they didn't want it to happen again, they builded a extra stong bridge, which results into the current Greenwood Bridge!

Attached File  2013-04-20_00001.jpg (515.52K)
Number of downloads: 12
View from the Tunnelside of the RR at the Station of Greenwood, There is just enough room to let 2 trolley's pass each other.

Attached File  bridge1.jpg (1.09MB)
Number of downloads: 10
Streetcar on the Greenwood Bridge going to Westford.

Attached File  2013-04-20_00003.jpg (602.41K)
Number of downloads: 9
The Streetcar left the bridge at the other side.

That was it for today.

#6 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

wonderful that is really an exciting route, i may in fact re load Railworks for it when you release. what a joy to have a good traction route. And those PCC cars look superb! I have a daylight livery i should send him.

#7 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostCrisGer, on 21 April 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

wonderful that is really an exciting route, i may in fact re load Railworks for it when you release. what a joy to have a good traction route. And those PCC cars look superb! I have a daylight livery i should send him.

Thanks! I like american Traction a lot, but there isn't much arround at the moment for Railworks...

A New Update again!
I didn't have the time to do much today, but Iv'e been bussy with the Colfax Town. I Think this will be the biggest town in the Route. There are also Freight Services over here and a connection to the Main RR at the Station.

Attached File  2013-04-22_00001.jpg (132.47K)
Number of downloads: 3
Colfax seen from the East end of the route

Attached File  2013-04-22_00008.jpg (378.56K)
Number of downloads: 4
The Yard and the RR line to Colfax Station. Note: the Overhead wire's are removed due to the fact that Streetcars don't run to the station anymore. It's only still in use for freight trains. altough, you can still see all the old streetcarstops on the way down.

Attached File  2013-04-22_00009.jpg (319.54K)
Number of downloads: 5
The yard with a view on the city (note, that the city will get strong changes)

Attached File  2013-04-22_00004.jpg (339.88K)
Number of downloads: 6
The Complete Yard on the Interurban Streetcar line, with a view towards the streetcar station of Colfax

Attached File  2013-04-22_00007.jpg (359.63K)
Number of downloads: 5
And the Colfax Streetcar station viewed from above the tunnel trough the mountian.

Attached File  2013-04-22_00005.jpg (357.17K)
Number of downloads: 9
DownTown Colfax RR station.

Attached File  2013-04-22_00006.jpg (433.92K)
Number of downloads: 6
and Again Downtown. There is one custommer directly behind the the station of Colfax.

Everything is still pretty much WIP on these screens. It's also very possible that this line will be longer than just 15 to 20 miles, but i don't really know how much yet.

Greetz
Bob

#8 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

wonmdeful i found some great assets on that site with the PCC car, i had no idea there were so many fine American buildings for the early and middle part of the 1900s....better by far than what we have for MSTS. very nice work going on there!

if you need specific textures for the cars at some point i may be able to help out, but am certainly cheering you on!

#9 User is offline   bobbie 

• Fireman

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostCrisGer, on 22 April 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

wonmdeful i found some great assets on that site with the PCC car, i had no idea there were so many fine American buildings for the early and middle part of the 1900s....better by far than what we have for MSTS. very nice work going on there!

if you need specific textures for the cars at some point i may be able to help out, but am certainly cheering you on!

Yes, there is some great content on that website!

There is only one thing with this route at the moment. The PCC car's don't like the hills! Running uphill isn't that bad, but going down the hill is just out-of-controll! even with the brakes 100% applied their going down like crazy!

Since i'm mot that far with the route yet, im thinking about rebuilding the route completely on a flatter ground, so the streetcars can be opperated normaly. I'm also thinking about using Freeware add-ons only, so no add-ons are needed for this route at al. There is enough freeware available to make a nice route.

Greetz
Bob

#10 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hmmm, not quite the same Greenwood I'm working on!

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/paul_charland/DARv2_061_zpsaf8ad70c.jpg

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/paul_charland/DARv2_060_zpsda5631ed.jpg

Paul :-)

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users