Elvas Tower: New locomotive Project OR K37 - Elvas Tower

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New locomotive Project OR K37 The fabulous K37; or the prince in frogs togs. Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

So Capt.

Did you use standard SAE threaded bolts, nuts and washers or are they metric? Also are they hex head bolts and nuts
or the more common to the period square shaped? I have no idea what the railroad standards were of that period but
ratchets, sockets and box wrenches would have been a rarity in those days even at Baldwin.

Allen :discuss_gathering:

#122 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

There's a new upgrade for the shape, there are two you should install. b6 and b6.05, they're in the Beta section of the library.

Cheers Bazza

#123 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

PS There are controller (physics) differences between 128 and 134 versions.

Cheers Bazza

#124 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

I looked closely at the tender and the engine while underway, very nice details of motion :discuss_gathering: and the main driver animation is great too.

#125 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:36 AM

Did you use standard SAE threaded bolts, nuts and washers or are they metric? Also are they hex head bolts and nuts
or the more common to the period square shaped? I have no idea what the railroad standards were of that period but
ratchets, sockets and box wrenches would have been a rarity in those days even at Baldwin.

As the CME I made the executive decision to use the new fangled hex nuts n bolts. (I'm an innovator, not a follower.) http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/pleasantry.gif

Cheers CME Bazzahttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bigboss.gif

#126 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

More rivets (cab roof), higher poly (rounded) lead and trailing bogie wheels, are some of the latest updates. I may add a mechanical oiler.......I'm a tiger for punishment.

Cheers Bazza

Attached Image: K35-Nbr-501-B7-2.jpg

#127 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:24 AM

I couldn't find the Quick Pic book on the K36, seems to be out of print and not available Karen's Books, eBay or Amazon, either. No rush to spend after buying PSP X on eBay today.

Cheers Bazza

#128 Inactive_zues_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

Now this, this is an awesomely detailed engine. I havent seen one this detailed ever. Keep working on it please. I am looking forward to being able to run OR independently from MSTS. And still have every thing to be able to run routes and engines.

#129 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hi'ya Zues, thanks; it's taken a lot of hours and a lot of enjoyment testing how far OR will allow me to keep adding and improving detail.

I though at one stage I might continue the 'conversion' process until I ended up with a complete K37, but there are enough differences between them in major detail (some apparent, some not) that it requires a new project dedicated to that loco. I can take parts from this conversion and re-use them, such as the cab, domes, stack, WH pump, wheel sets (driver diameter greater), etc, on the new project.

Once the ENG tweaks are completed (but not finished entirely) I'll release the above as beta 7 and probably it will be the final shape, although there will be ENG tweaks as more OR physics become viable.

Cheers Bazza

#130 Inactive_zues_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 05 June 2010 - 06:26 PM, said:

Hi'ya Zues, thanks; it's taken a lot of hours and a lot of enjoyment testing how far OR will allow me to keep adding and improving detail.

I though at one stage I might continue the 'conversion' process until I ended up with a complete K37, but there are enough differences between them in major detail (some apparent, some not) that it requires a new project dedicated to that loco. I can take parts from this conversion and re-use them, such as the cab, domes, stack, WH pump, wheel sets (driver diameter greater), etc, on the new project.

Once the ENG tweaks are completed (but not finished entirely) I'll release the above as beta 7 and probably it will be the final shape, although there will be ENG tweaks as more OR physics become viable.

Cheers Bazza

So, OR is able to run this. Cause thats really detailed for a sim.

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users