Elvas Tower: Diesel Mechanical Locomotive - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diesel Mechanical Locomotive Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#71 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 01 April 2022 - 10:56 PM

ORTSLengthBogieCentre ( 0 )		Comment ( " a forgóvázak középpontjainak távolsága " )
	ORTSLengthCarBody ( 11.88m )		Comment ( " Ütközők közötti hossz, később talán ütköző hüvelyvégek közötti hossz? " )
	ORTSLengthCouplerFace (	11.93m )	Comment ( " kinyújott csavarkapocs középtől kinyújtott csavarkapocs középig? " )
	ORTSNumBogies ( 1 )			Comment ( " forgóvázak száma, ha nincs akkor 0 " )
	ORTSWheelFlangeLength ( 0.02m )		Comment ( " A kerékperem hossza, a karima hossza a maximális peremszög kezdetétől kezdve egészen addig a pontig, ahol a karima szöge 26,6 fokra csökken." )
	ORTSMaximumWheelFlangeAngle ( 61deg )	Comment ( " A kerékperem szögét úgy határozzák meg, mint a kerékperem maximális szögét a vízszintes tengelyhez képest. AutCad programban kiszerkesztettem a 120-s UIC profilra" )

ORTSNumberAxles ( 2 )			Comment ( " Futó tengelyek száma " )

ORTSAdhesion (
		ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.19 0.7 )
		Wheelset (
			Axle ( 1
				ORTSInertia ( 500 )
				ORTSRadius ( 0.58 )
			)
			Axle ( 2
				ORTSInertia ( 0 )
				ORTSRadius ( 0.58 )
			)
			Axle ( 3
				ORTSInertia ( 0 )
				ORTSRadius ( 0.58 )
			)
		)
	)

Setting up the BCy 422 motor car. Only one of the three axes is driven, its value is ORTSInertia (500). However, the other two running axes have a value of 0.
I may not use it well because the Manual is very concise.
With this value, the decay time is about 3 seconds. That is, during this time, the spun wheel decelerates to normal speed.

#72 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:45 AM

View Postdarwins, on 01 April 2022 - 10:52 AM, said:

It is very much the same as the Voith transmission on some German locos like the V100. There are two fixed gear ratios that can be selected when the loco is stationary. (At the moment that is two different eng files.) The transmission itself clearly shows one torque converter followed by two direct (mechanical) drive stages.

Hi Darwins.

https://kephost.net/p/2022/14/5508_dd21bc61af36.png

Hi Darwins.

The picture shows the circumferential traction and efficiency characteristics of such a diesel locomotive wheel. This type has a torque converter that can only be switched in the stationary position. SHUNTING is shown on the left and Linear is shown on the right. The first two stages are probably air-producing stages, so I will leave it because of the peculiarities of OR. A little curiosity: The engine is a Mercedes Maybach diesel engine that drove the Zeppelin airships. More specifically, its license.
I think I need two ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves or two ORTSTractionCharacteristics here, with some distinctive sign.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#73 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2022 - 04:57 AM

I like that one a lot. Since it is hydraulic rather than mechanical, I have moved my response to here.

#74 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 26 July 2022 - 05:45 AM

Hi,
I've been using the new diesel-mechanical drive setup on several of my vehicles and I'm quite happy with it.
However, I came across one annoying thing: If I use a train where there are two driving vehicles with diesel-mechanical power transmission (for example, front and rear), the second vehicle does not contribute to the power.
The engine speed can be controlled with the throttle, but that's about it. Power remains at zero. See attached screenshot and HUD.
It's a pity. Many post-war cars with diesel-mechanical power transmission had a transmission controlled by electro-pneumatic valves and this allowed for multiple steering.

https://imgway.cz/v/4Jzm.jpg

#75 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 July 2022 - 06:56 AM

EP throttle repeater.

#76 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 26 July 2022 - 08:43 AM

The problem is only with this kind of transfer. If I swap the two cars in front for others with diesel-electric power transmission, no problem.
Both contribute to the pulling power. So does electric or steam traction.
However, I am aware that the new diesel-mechanical transmission method is under development (it only works in the test and unstable version) and that it may contain errors.

#77 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 27 July 2022 - 10:33 AM

In addition to the above, I discovered one more peculiarity.
If I include two identical cars with diesel-mechanical drive in the consist (so one car twice), the OR skips the second car after starting.
It doesn't matter if somewhere inside the consist or at the end. OR simply omits them and shortens consist.

Example consist:
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

Train (
	TrainCfg ( "03TEST"
		Serial ( 1 )
		MaxVelocity ( 16.66667 0.43478 )
		NextWagonUID ( 911 )
		Durability ( 1.00000 )
		Engine (
			UiD ( 906 )
			EngineData ( CSD_M130419 CSDlokM130.4 )
		)
		Wagon (
			WagonData ( CSD_CDlm4-9815 CSDvagCDlm35 )
			UiD ( 907 )
		)
		Engine (
			UiD ( 908 )
			EngineData ( CSD_M130419 CSDlokM130.4 )
		)
		Wagon (
			UiD ( 909 )
		)
		Wagon (
			UiD ( 910 )
		)
	)
)

Attached Image: consist.jpg

HUD after loading:

Attached Image: Souprava.jpg

#78 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:04 PM

Tried to duplicate your consist, but had to use my own Trainset items. BUT the results were NOT the same when I opened the consist in OR. ALL items displayed. Here is my consist
SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

Train (
TrainCfg ( "123"
Name ( "123" )
Serial ( 1 )
MaxVelocity ( 29.05760 1.00000 )
NextWagonUID ( 5 )
Durability ( 1.00000 )
Engine (
UiD ( 0 )
EngineData ( AUnit_ATSF_152C 3DTrains_FTUnits_ATSF )
)
Wagon (
WagonData ( box_ACL_24000 aclbox04 )
UiD ( 1 )
)
Engine (
UiD ( 2 )
EngineData ( AUnit_ATSF_152C 3DTrains_FTUnits_ATSF )
)
Wagon (
UiD ( 3 )
)
Wagon (
UiD ( 4 )
)
)
)

What consist editor did you use? What version of OR?

#79 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:49 PM

You can see the OR version in the HUD view on the attached screenshot (top left). Consist editor is TSRE v0.7.012.
The locomotive you used is diesel-electric. There are no problems with diesel-electric traction, steam and electric locomotives or cars.
The problem described above concerns the newly tested diesel-mechanical transmission of traction power. This feature is currently available in the test and unstable version of OR.

#80 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman

Posted 27 July 2022 - 11:00 PM

I am adding the extract from the log:
Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: D:\Program Files (x86)\MSTS\trains\trainset\CSDlokM130.4\CSD_M130419.eng ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.SubSystems.PowerTransmissions.GearBox.Initialize() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSystems\PowerTransmissions\GearBox.cs:line 754
   at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.SubSystems.PowerSupplies.DieselEngine.Initialize() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSystems\PowerSupplies\DieselEngine.cs:line 1056
   at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.SubSystems.PowerSupplies.DieselEngines.Initialize() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSystems\PowerSupplies\DieselEngine.cs:line 161
   at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSDieselLocomotive.Initialize() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSDieselLocomotive.cs:line 455
   at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.RollingStock.Load(Simulator simulator, Train train, String wagFilePath, Boolean initialize) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\RollingStock.cs:line 98
   at Orts.Simulation.Simulator.InitializePlayerTrain() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Simulator.cs:line 1283
   at Orts.Simulation.Simulator.InitializeTrains(CancellationToken cancellation) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Simulator.cs:line 587
   at Orts.Simulation.Simulator.Start(CancellationToken cancellation) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Simulator.cs:line 465
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Start(UserSettings settings, String acttype, String[] args) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 325
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 237
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 160
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 140
   at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.LoaderThread() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 111
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users