Elvas Tower: EOT - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EOT Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:38 AM

View Postdarwins, on 21 January 2022 - 12:21 AM, said:

This is interesting. In UK we do not have "emergency braking" from EoT, but we do have some trains that have both service and emergency braking from both ends of the train. These include the HST sets (with a power car at both ends), Inter City 225 push pull sets and push pull trains with a Class 90 electric loco at one end and Mk III DVT at the other. These use the Davies & Metcalfe E70 or Westinghouse ‘Westcode’ DW1, DW2 or DW3 brake systems. Although the intermediate vehicles are not 'EP' braked, the EP signals from the drivers' brake valve at the front of the train are used to operate the drivers' brake valve at the rear of the train, thus initiating brake application from both ends of the train at the same time. Could this sort of model be used to simulate this kind of braking? (Or would that need to be done differently?)

There is the difference that now only the emergency braking is managed with the EOT, and not the service braking, so I think that using the EOT code would not be the best solution.
What you suggest is however a feature that I suppose is available not only in UK trains. It involves working on the braking code, and this is within the scope of another developer :). For the EOT I only limited myself to open the rear end cock valve when the EOT is asked to vent the brake pipe.

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:40 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 21 January 2022 - 08:55 AM, said:

Here's Tiger Trains EOT --- free to members. Red Light blinks, I think Ian has made some improvements, and has different models.

Thank you,
I have now found also the Dekosoft one (free download), but I didn't notice that there's one also in the Trainsimulations BNSF Scenic Subdivision free pack, and so I'll use the latter one.

#23 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:51 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 21 January 2022 - 01:40 PM, said:

Thank you,
I have now found also the Dekosoft one (free download), but I didn't notice that there's one also in the Trainsimulations BNSF Scenic Subdivision free pack, and so I'll use the latter one.

Carlo, I have not kept up with this thread...will the code allow end users their choice of EOT or FRED devices?

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 January 2022 - 01:00 AM

Gerry,
I'll reply to your question through other questions:
- Should the player have the possibility to select the EOT/FRED from a list?
- Where should OR keep that list? Within an EOT folder in the TRAINS subfolder? Should the player generate the list file? Or should there be various subfolders, one for each EOT/FRED type, in that EOT folder?
- How should the EOT/FRED be selected for AI trains?

Any solution should be applicable for both activity and timetable modes.

#25 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 January 2022 - 02:23 AM

The first phase of EOT management is available in ORNYMG 115, as described in the first post of this thread and also here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__281011 .
Note that at the moment the EOT does not visually appear and disappear at the end of the train. The EOT is "virtual" as of now.

Attached is a patch that enables to test what has been developed up to now. The demo is again based on Borislav's ES44 cabs, version 3.1, and his SVTX_ES44AC_1912.eng engine, included in Trainsim's svtxes44acset.zip .
Installation is the same as for the pack described here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__280173 .

The attached pack here runs under ORNYMG 115 and includes also the DP features. It can be installed over the DPdemo pack.

This is a rough demo. It does not want at all be a final version of the cab, which is something which pertains to Borislav, if he wants to.

Attached File  DP-EOTdemo_V31.zip (84.14K)
Number of downloads: 301

#26 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:37 AM

Might I suggest a folder within TRAINSET with a specific name (common.EOT or something), with files for each type of end-of-train marker with information on what features they have (lights, one-way or two-way comms, rear e-brake, etc.). There could then be a menu that would check this folder and display those EOT devices as options for placement

#27 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:42 AM

^A great suggestion.

#28 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:26 AM

What Railguy said!!

#29 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:35 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 19 January 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

I'm now sharing here the state-of-the-art. I have developed a first version of the EOT operation and of the in-cab interactions.
After this I'll try to find a solution on how to manage the visual presence (and absence) of the EOT at the end of the train.
I have again used the excellent Borislav's SVTX GE ES44AC cabs as starting point. I have added in a rough way what was needed to perform the tests, so the shown layout is not at all an officially publishable solution. I'm showing the operation with the help of a bunch of screenshots (click to enlarge).

Carlo, congratulations and thank you for this feature!
In older EOT systems like the image attached, we don't have many options as the modern locomotives. So, if I understood correctly, it's required only 2 buttons to arm the 2 way state. Is it correct?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Sem título.jpg

#30 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 January 2022 - 01:45 AM

Thank you.
Actually there are three buttons needed: ORTS_EOT_COMM_TEST to perform the communication test; only after the test is OK, you can arm the EOT two-way with ORTS_EOT_ARM_TWO_WAY. To return to the state before communication test you have to press ORTS_EOT_DISARM.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. GreenCab