Elvas Tower: EOT - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EOT Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 14 March 2024 - 09:06 AM

Hello.

I tried to prepare the EOT. But I ran into problems at the beginning. The EOT is not displayed at the end of the train, even though it is included in the consist file. When I loaded the EOT with Ctrl+F9, it appeared far from the end of the train.
I also created a file with the eot extension from one of the cars, the file is in the TRAINS\ORTS_EOT\EU_EOT folder. I made a copy of a car's wag file with the eot extension. At the end of the file I inserted a line about the EOT status.
Am I making a mistake, or am I making a mistake in several places? Where can the error be?
In the manual, I read that there must also be an EOT folder in the TRAINS\TRAINSET folder. Is this really necessary?

Regarding the comment about JSON, just say that the average content creator who is not a programmer has not heard of it. If you don't know what it is, you won't use it. He will follow the developments until he understands and can follow them, then he will look for other activities. Or get stuck at this current level. I didn't manage the EOT for the first run either, as the example shows. If it was a JSON format, maybe I wouldn't bother with it.

https://kephost.net/p/MTE1NDMzMQ.pngIt EOT file contents. I'm not sure, but I think a lot of things should be deleted from here.

https://kephost.net/p/MTE1NDMzMA.png The contents of the consist file.

https://kephost.net/p/MTE1NDMzMg.pngThe end result.

#62 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 March 2024 - 11:56 AM

Laci,
you see the EOT there because you have inserted a length of 10.79m for your wagon. The Trainsimulations EOT I'm using has following dimensions
 Size ( 0.2m 1.4m 0.2m )

I suggest you to start from such Trainsimulations EOT, that you find in folder Trainset\ts_common_sound with the OR demo Scenic sub route, and make a copy of the .wag file you find there, changing the extension to .eot and adding the Level line.
Moreover in the .con file you must not insert an .s file name, but the name of the .eot file.
Json doesn't make much sense here, because the .eot file is structured like a .wag file and is parsed by the same code that parses the .wag files.
In Trains\Trainset you don't need an EOT subfolder, but an ORTS_EOT subfolder.

#63 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 March 2024 - 04:50 PM

The testing seems to be working as expected.

I did test to see if "where it's located" and "how many are there" matters.

ORTS doesn't seem to care if the EOT is at the head end of the train, or if there are more than one in the consist. It will only recognize the last one it finds.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users