• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#151 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:53 AM

As written some days ago, with the kind permission of Borislav I can now provide a demo for the Distributed Power in-cab screen page.
Interested people can proceed as follows:
- download from Trainsim svtxes44acset.zip and ortsevolutionseriescab.zip (you may want to download also the related sound as indicated in trainsim)
- unpack ortsevolutionseriescab.zip as indicated in the readme; you should get a directory ES44v3 folder within Common.cab
- unpack svtxes44acset.zip; copy folder SVTX_ES44AC_set into Trainset; copy folder ES44v3 into Common.cab allowing file overwrite; move the three .ace files within ID\SVTX into folder ES44v3
- unpack the .zip file attached to this message into Trainset
- create a .con file of a freight train plus helpers with SVTX_EX44AC_set\SVTX_ES44AC_1912.eng as player locomotive
- start the game with ORNYMG 113 or with the Unstable release
- browse with the mouse on the Fn keys below the right hand cab display; over the F4 key the string "Distributed power" will appear
- click on such key in the cab, and the distributed power screen will appear on the left hand display
- manage the distributed power with the Fn keys below the left hand display (notice that on the display the strings "More Traction" and "Less Traction" will stay even if you have commanded dynamic braking)
- to return to the original screen page, click on the F8 key.

Attached File  DPdemo.zip (27.62K)
Number of downloads: 181

#152 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:48 AM

I tried the new cab as instructed above, however, I get the "old" cab with NO functions enabled on the screen. I would think the modified demo installation .cvf file should point to one of the new folders that Borislav's latest revisions create in ES44V3, e.g., CVF Files A, with the "DP ace" files installed into that folder. Or am I missing something?

#153 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:56 PM

View Postrailguy, on 02 January 2022 - 09:48 AM, said:

I tried the new cab as instructed above, however, I get the "old" cab with NO functions enabled on the screen. I would think the modified demo installation .cvf file should point to one of the new folders that Borislav's latest revisions create in ES44V3, e.g., CVF Files A, with the "DP ace" files installed into that folder. Or am I missing something?

Carlo started working on this feature before Update 3.1 was released, so this is the reason he has implemented this feature into the original, 3.0 version. I am going to release the official update with this new feature properly implemented, but I need some time to finish it.

#154 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 02 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

To test what I have uploaded, I downloaded from scratch svtxes44acset.zip and ortsevolutionseriescab.zip, unpacked them and applied my modified files there.
It would be interesting to know whether someone else was able to have the demo working or not.

#155 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:33 AM

I regret to report that it has happened to me like the previous user Railguy

the old cabin is loaded and there are not the functional keys.

Kind regards

Pedro

#156 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 03 January 2022 - 03:30 AM

View Postalifatico, on 03 January 2022 - 02:33 AM, said:

I regret to report that it has happened to me like the previous user Railguy

the old cabin is loaded and there are not the functional keys.

Kind regards

Pedro

I had a confirmation from another user that, if you apply the patch to the old cabin (version 3), it works.

#157 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:13 AM

Hi, now yes.

Simply editing the .eng that is used and setting Carlo's cabview (in this case 1912) the keys work.

Congratulations on the job.

Kind regards.

Pedro.

#158 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 03 January 2022 - 08:24 AM

As I see that most of the people are using the excellent rev. 3.1 of Borislav's ES44 cabs and not the older rev. 3, and thanks to the good compatibility work done by Borislav, I attach here the pack to get the DP window in version 3.1 of the SVTX 1912 cab.
Obviously it previously requires installation of that rev. 3.1 from Trainsim, which is anyhow worth the job, because they significantly improve quality and completeness over the already outstanding rev. 3 cabs. The patch is for a cab of type "B" (.cvf files optimized for 16:9 widescreen computer monitors with signal box).

This is only a rough demo patchwork, that will be replaced by Borislav with a cleaner and more complete and integrated solution.

Attached File  DPdemo_V31.zip (37.26K)
Number of downloads: 221

#159 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:10 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 03 January 2022 - 08:24 AM, said:

As I see that most of the people are using the excellent rev. 3.1 of Borislav's ES44 cabs and not the older rev. 3, and thanks to the good compatibility work done by Borislav, I attach here the pack to get the DP window in version 3.1 of the SVTX 1912 cab.
Obviously it previously requires installation of that rev. 3.1 from Trainsim, which is anyhow worth the job, because they significantly improve quality and completeness over the already outstanding rev. 3 cabs. The patch is for a cab of type "B" (.cvf files optimized for 16:9 widescreen computer monitors with signal box).

This is only a rough demo patchwork, that will be replaced by Borislav with a cleaner and more complete and integrated solution.

Attachment DPdemo_V31.zip

Thank you very much for your kind words, Carlo! You are right, I am going to implement a proper DPU screen for my ES44 cabs, based on what you have produced.

#160 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:02 AM

Should in the LOAD line of the DP window be also the dynamic brake force load (maybe in different colour) or only the tractive force load be shown? What is shown in real locomotives?

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users