Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:50 AM

Csantucci, on 28 September 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

The version displayed is quite of general use, when the locomotive has a combined control.
If the throttle has a separate lever, line
		UseThrottleInCombinedControl ( True ) comment (** throttle is used as force selector or speed selector even if in combined control **)

should be dropped.
If it is wanted that also the dynamic brake is managed by the Cruise Control (e.g. in electric locomotives), following line
DynamicBrakeIsSelectedForceDependant ( False )

should be set to True, instead of false.
Moreover other changes are needed if one wants to have a separate lever to set the max force, and/or to have a lever to set the max allowed speed.
Other changes are needed if one wants to have different conditions to switch from manual to auto and vice-versa.

ok, thank you very much and best regards.

Pedro

#102 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 October 2021 - 06:28 AM

File http://www.interazio..._Parameters.xls has been updated with the new .eng parameters added in OR NewYear MG rev. 107, as well as with an additional explanation about the cabview control ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_REGULATOR_MODE.

#103 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:35 AM

In OR NewYearMG A key combination (Alt-Shift-A) has been added to immediately move to zero the selected speed.

#104 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:18 AM

Following some discussion here on the forum, the Open Rails Management Team (ORMT) recently updated the Team Policies to set out a few guidelines regarding key assignments. For the most part the project has been following these anyway, but it should be helpful to make them explicit. They don't cover every situation and some existing key assignments already break these rules (e.g. "0").

I'm taking the chance to post here to draw attention to these guidelines.

Csantucci, on 15 October 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

In OR NewYearMG A key combination (Alt-Shift-A) has been added to immediately move to zero the selected speed.

One of the guidelines we try to follow is using the Alt modifier for debug operations. For Alt-Shift-A, I have to ask whether this is a debug operation or a control that exists in the driver's cab already. If it's the latter, then I hope it's not difficult to change it to something that doesn't use the Alt modifier.

#105 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:52 AM

Just throwing this out there...but it would be very nice if we could actually unbind keys. I've resorted to manually editing settings (using the openrails.ini approach, rather than registry editing) in order to set specific keybinds to invalid keycodes because I don't want to use said keybinds, and I also don't have the keyboard space for them.

It's reasonable to want to have a binding for everything by default, but things are getting to the point where changing just one keybind (out of personal preference, for example) will result in a conflict with something completely unrelated, a conflict that would be easier to resolve by simply disabling the unneeded keybind rather than searching hopelessly for a key combination which is not taken.

#106 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:47 AM

Chris,
I believe that reserving the Alt key only for debug operations seriously restricts the key combinations available for new commands.
Why did I use that key combination? The A key, alone or in combination with modifier keys, is mainly used to reduce or move to zero traction related entities (throttle, and force and set speed in Cruise Control). So I selected that key combination, because other combinations using the A key are already used. So I'm a bit unhappy in changing the key combination, using a different main key.

#107 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler

Posted 17 October 2021 - 06:00 AM

Carlo, thank you for the new feature added to the cruise control in the NY 108 version.

One question, we see that the increase in speed is relatively slow, there would be the possibility that this increase was faster.

Thank you and congratulations for the development of the CC.

Best regards.

Pedro.

#108 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 17 October 2021 - 06:37 AM

Hi Pedro, happy that you appreciate the CC, however the biggest credit for this is to Jindrich.

Are you meaning the selected speed or the real train speed?

#109 User is offline   alifatico 

• Hostler

Posted 17 October 2021 - 06:54 AM

I mean that to increase the speed it is done with the Shift + d combination, but it goes up very slowly.

Is there any way to indicate the speed you want, for example 80 km / h?

Best regards

Pedro.

#110 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:20 AM

You can either reduce SpeedSelectorStepTimeSeconds ( 0.2 ), which indicates the time that must pass between a speed step and the next one, or you can increase NominalSpeedStep ( 5 ), which indicates the height of the step (in this case 5 kph.
To directly select the speed you want, check CC_Parameters.xls. In the sheet about Keyboard Commands there are the commands ControlSelectSpeednn, however I can't guarantee that I keep them in the future.

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users