Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 26 January 2022 - 07:46 AM

Hello.

Thank you so much for your sacrificial work. I would like to ask what settings are required for the automatic parking brake? Used by KISS and FLIRT motor trains (EMU).
      ParkingBrakeEngageSpeed ( 5km/h )
      ParkingBrakePercent ( 50 )

Need something other than the code snippet above?
Sincerely, Laci1959

#122 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 January 2022 - 08:52 AM

Wow!
That's what we need for metro EMU and trams.
Nah gut!

#123 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 09 February 2022 - 12:56 AM

I just started playing around with this feature a few days ago. It looks more or less ready to be included in the regular releases. Just one question. I don't know if this is a bug, or I set things up wrong, or this is just how it's programmed to work. I wanted to add cruise control to the AEM-7. In real life, this works as follows:

1) There's a switch to turn the cruise control on and off. This part obviously works just fine.

2) There's a dial to set the speed. I used the line HasProportionalSpeedSelector ( True ), and can add a lever of type "ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_SELECTOR" to the cabview, using a graphic of a moving dial. Again, this works just fine. For now I just used a lever graphic but it should work fine with a dial graphic.

3) If you turn the cruise control off, and then turn it back on, the set speed reverts to the current train speed. It should keep the set speed when turned off and turned back on. Is there a setting I missed to be able to do this? I tried just about everything with no luck. If not, it might make sense to have a parameter for this, such as KeepSelectedSpeedWhenManualModeSet ( True )

4) Here's the biggest problem however. On the AEM-7 the throttle controls the force when the cruise control is set, the same as it does in manual mode. The cruise control just limits the top speed to whatever it's set for. I used the parameters ControllerCruiseControlLogic ( None ) and UseThrottleAsForceSelector ( True ), which according to the CC_Parameters spreadsheet is supposed to work exactly this way. Instead, what happens is the throttle only allows you to set the force if the force is currently zero. If you use the mouse, the force only increases by one step. With the keyboard you can hold down the D key to get whatever you want. In both cases once you use the throttle to set the force, you can't use it again to increase or decrease the force. The throttle no longer responds to either the keyboard or the mouse. You have to first set the force back to zero using shift-control-A, then use the throttle to go to the desired new force value. Again, did I miss a setting, or is this behavior by design?

Here is the complete set of parameters in my AEM-7 .eng file:

ORTSCruiseControl (
		SpeedIsMPH ( True )
		MaxForceSteps ( 20 )
		SpeedSelectorStepTimeSeconds ( 0.3 ) comment (** how fast the selected speed lever adds speed, 0.3 is one step in 0.3 seconds **)
		DynamicBrakeMaxForceAtSelectorStep ( 50 ) comment (** the brake will reach 100% at this step, the lower step the max brake percent will be also lower **)
		NominalSpeedStep ( 1 ) comment (** when pressing Shift+A or Shift+D how many speed units should the selected speed change **)
		HasProportionalSpeedSelector ( True )
		UseThrottle ( False ) comment (** recommended False for electric locos, true for diesel **)
		StartReducingSpeedDelta ( 0.2 ) (** the lower number, the sooner the regulator will decrease power **)
		StartReducingSpeedDeltaDownwards ( 2.5 )
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelected ( False )
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroForceSelected ( False )
		ForceRegulatorAutoWhenNonZeroSpeedSelectedAndThrottleAtZero ( False )
		MaxForceKeepSelectedStepWhenManualModeSet ( True )
		ForceResetRequiredAfterBraking ( False )
		ForceResetIncludeDynamicBrake ( True )
		DynamicBrakeIsSelectedForceDependant ( False )
		Options ( "RegulatorManual, RegulatorAuto, SelectorOn, StartFromZero, EngageForceOnNonZeroSpeed" )
		ThrottleFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 4 ) comment (** time in seconds needed for the regulator to reach 0-100% of power **)
		ThrottleFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 4 ) comment (** time in seconds needed for the regulator to reach 100-0% of power **)
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeIncreaseTimeSeconds ( 2 ) comment ( ** same as above, but for dynamic braking ** )
		DynamicBrakeFullRangeDecreaseTimeSeconds ( 2 ) comment ( ** same as above, but for dynamic braking ** )
		DefaultForceStep ( 0 )
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroSpeed ( False ) comment (** if train is stationary and throttle is increased and CC is still in auto, this will revert the mode to manual **)
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroForce ( False ) comment (** if train is moving and throttle is increased and CC is still in auto and selected force is zero, this will revert the mode to manual **)
		DisableCruiseControlOnThrottleAndZeroForceAndZeroSpeed ( False )
		DynamicBrakeCommandHasPriorityOverCruiseControl ( True )
		HasIndependentThrottleDynamicBrakeLever ( True )
		UseTrainBrakeAndDynBrake ( True )
		DoComputeNumberOfAxles ( True )
		TrainBrakeMinPercentValue ( 3 )
		TrainBrakeMaxPercentValue ( 35 )
		SpeedDeltaToEnableTrainBrake ( 0.1 )
		SpeedDeltaToEnableFullTrainBrake ( 8 )
		MinimumSpeedForCCEffect ( 8.94 )
		ControllerCruiseControlLogic ( None )
		UseThrottleInCombinedControl ( True )
		UseThrottleAsForceSelector ( True )
		UseThrottleAsSpeedSelector ( False )
		SpeedSelectorIsDiscrete ( True )
	)

#124 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 February 2022 - 01:29 AM

Hi,
thanks for trying this. To generate a testing environment, I'm downloading from Trainsim necpak01.zip and aem-7alp-44.zip . Could you attach the modified .cvf file and the .aces for the cruise control on/off switch and the speed set lever?

#125 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 February 2022 - 01:58 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 February 2022 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hi,
thanks for trying this. To generate a testing environment, I'm downloading from Trainsim necpak01.zip and aem-7alp-44.zip . Could you attach the modified .cvf file and the .aces for the cruise control on/off switch and the speed set lever?

Hi Carlo

This is exactly what I experienced, I just didn't want to bother, as I know he's working on EOT.
For now, I'm trying the settings with a TRAXX locomotive.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#126 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman

Posted 09 February 2022 - 02:10 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 February 2022 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hi,

I used the throttle lever graphic for the set speed lever. That should be included in the packs you downloaded. I attached the .cvf file. I didn't add a button to the .cvf for the cruise control on/off switch. For now I'm just using the keyboard.

EDIT: Might as well include the .eng file since I heavily modified it from the original to be more prototypical.

Attached File(s)

#127 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 February 2022 - 01:22 PM

Re 4) you should set HasIndependentThrottleDynamicBrakeLever ( False ). Setting it to true means that there are a combined control lever as well as a force lever. With that setting to false issue 4) should be solved.
I'll check now issue 3).

#128 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman

Posted 09 February 2022 - 01:36 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 09 February 2022 - 01:22 PM, said:

Re 4) you should set HasIndependentThrottleDynamicBrakeLever ( False ). Setting it to true means that there are a combined control lever as well as a force lever. With that setting to false issue 4) should be solved.
I'll check now issue 3).

Thank you. That fixed the problem on issue 4) for me. It works now like it's supposed to.

#129 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 February 2022 - 02:40 PM

Hello.
It would be helpful for the rest ones, as me, to see a sample *.eng-file with comments, when it will be ready and free of issues – for future reference, how everything should be configured, as there is no manual yet.
Wish You cuccess with tuning your model.

#130 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 10 February 2022 - 12:14 AM

View PostWeter, on 09 February 2022 - 02:40 PM, said:

Hello.
It would be helpful for the rest ones, as me, to see a sample *.eng-file with comments, when it will be ready and free of issues – for future reference, how everything should be configured, as there is no manual yet.
Wish You cuccess with tuning your model.

Hello Weter

If you scroll back a bit you will find one, only a few lines have no explanation. I did it based on the translation of those spreadsheets.
I'm doing it now, but it's in Hungarian. I also translated the spreadsheet for other content creators to use.
I managed to make a TRAXX locomotive. There's a problem with it,
if I move the selected speed lever with the mouse, the lever moves continuously in 1 percent increments, even though NominalSpeedStep (5) is set to me. According to a driver, the arm must also take the corresponding values, because this is the factory setting of the computer. That is, the next value after 30 is 35. I aligned the arm positions with the number of frames when I enter the selected speed from the keyboard to perfect.

Laci1959

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users