• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Quick set for 3751 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

I'm envious! Have never seen her but have seen her twin sister (3759) in Kingman and a couple of her 3776 class cousins around the country. Would love to have seen them in their prime moving tonnage at track speeds. Can't imagine the sight! jm

#12 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:02 AM

View Postsnowlover, on Sep 23 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

I'm envious! Have never seen her but have seen her twin sister (3759) in Kingman and a couple of her 3776 class cousins around the country. Would love to have seen them in their prime moving tonnage at track speeds. Can't imagine the sight! jm

Yes, she's quite a sight all right. Just to be able to see, smell and feel(I didn't touch her, but I felt the ground rumble under) her. I was within 30 or so feet of her when she came down here. Just check my thread that I posted on her when she visited San Diego over here.

It was indeed quite an experience. I waited a long time for her too, but it was worth the wait. I missed her at the beginning at her first stop here. But I persevered and waited all afternoon until she came back again to pick up her passengers at the end of the day around 6:00 pm local time.

This post has been edited by ED_4: 23 September 2008 - 06:07 AM

#13 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

I did see the UP 3985 here in Ft. Worth on her way back home to Cheyenne a couple or 3 years back and she was something. Have never seen a real, live ATSF , however. They have all been displays in various locations. jm

#14 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hi Ed & thx for the reply. I suspected that the engine might still be in the beta stage because it did not appear anywhere else. Would never try to rush anyone into releasing something before they are ready to do so. I will, however, check the steam loco section every hour on the hour...just in case! Thx again for your help. jm

The 3751 along with her sisters 3757, 3759, 3778 and 3783 and the new 2900's will be released within the
next 10 days. The new 2900's have a new corrected locomotive length which along with the centers being
corrected make for a much better operating locomotive. The couplers front and rear now operate correctly
thanks to Ed Dolosa (ED_4). He's been a real help.
The 3751 is a new locomotive with it's own valve gear. The only commonality with the 2900's is the running
gear-IE cab, wheels, bogies and frame. All the rest is new or parts from inventory and that is becoming vast.
The 3751 through 3759 have a new tender with 3 axle trucks while the 3778 and 3783 use the tender from the
2900's.
When these are finished I hope to see someone start writing activities for steam only. Wish! Wish! Could be
fun!

Allen :thumbup3: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#15 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

View PostB & O GUY, on Sep 23 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

When these are finished I hope to see someone start writing activities for steam only. Wish! Wish! Could be
fun!

Allen :D :thumbup3: :wub: :wub:

You can bet on it I'll be putting those northerns to good use on my activities in the Seligman Sub route that I've modified to be steamer friendly. ;)
:wub:

#16 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:22 AM

Hallo!
OK guys, I've got Richard Cowen's permission and will get the ATSF heavyweights ready for upload as they are at the moment. (SF lettering and drumheads) If I should get some more information (numbers, names) I'll update them later.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

Edit: The automatic conversion of Mr Cowen's name from the short to the long form is funny. It should learn to spell the name with a capital R.

This post has been edited by streamline: 24 September 2008 - 03:25 AM

#17 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:38 AM

View Poststreamline, on Sep 24 2008, 07:22 AM, said:

Hallo!
OK guys, I've got Richard Cowen's permission and will get the ATSF heavyweights ready for upload as they are at the moment. (SF lettering and drumheads) If I should get some more information (numbers, names) I'll update them later.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

Edit: The automatic conversion of Mr Cowen's name from the short to the long form is funny. It should learn to spell the name with a capital R.

I will set up some Passenger Car sections in the Files area, so these can have a home.

#18 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:55 AM

Great news, this is an addition that is really needed REALLY NEEDED

#19 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

Hallo!
I was quite excited because it's my first release, but the set seems to be in the FL now. Hope I made no mistakes and everything works.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#20 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

Thank you for uploading these heavy weights and thanks to Richard Cowen. So far they are running great!!Attached Image: 2929.JPG

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users