• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Quick set for 3751 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

In small tribute to the wonderful Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe locomotive # 3751. This is of course just before I go on and meet the real thing over here in San Diego at the Union Station.

Here's a few shots in the Seligman Subdivision.
Attached Image: MSTS_020.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_021.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_022.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_023.jpg
Attached Image: MSTS_025.jpg

Locomotive and accompanying tender by Allen Norton.

This post has been edited by ED_4: 21 September 2008 - 09:38 AM

#2 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

Post some prototype photos, Ed. I didn't get a chance to go see her this time. :thumbup3:

#3 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:12 AM

Hallo!
When I saw your beautiful shots of a beautiful engine I remembered I didn't have any Santa Fe heavyweights. The most simple way to get some was changing the lettering of the GN heavyweight set (TS.com) with the different ace-file included in a special logo subfolder of this set. But then I liked Richard Cowen's updated models better, and put the Santa Fe lettering on them. Here you can see 3751 with her new train leaving LA.

Attached Image: CajonFR024.jpg

Attached Image: CajonFR025.jpg

Does anyone know correct numbers for the cars (baggage, combine, coach, diner, sleeper, observation) and what to put on the drumhead of the observation car to complete the paint job?

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

Edit: In a Wikipedia article about named passenger trains I found several drumheads. Now only the numbers are missing.

Attached Image: scrgrb5.jpg

This post has been edited by streamline: 22 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

#4 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

I love those carriages, Dietmar. Are those just for your use? It would be nice to have them for the community. We have yet to have some decent set of Santa Fe cars just like those.

This post has been edited by ED_4: 22 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

#5 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:23 AM

When I was reading posts in the forum this morning, I was astounded to discover the screenies of the 3751 because I had just been in the steam engine section of the downloads looking at the 2900s that were released in August. The 3751 was not there. Then went to the MSTS library and its not there either...at least not the correct version shown in these screenies. Can anyone tell me if this engine has been released and, if so, where it can be obtained? This engine, along with the new 2900s, represents a giant step forward for those of us who love the ATSF and like to operate steam locomotives. Thx for any help. jm

#6 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:48 AM

Hallo!
I think it wouldn't be a big problem to upload the cars. I'd just have to ask Richard Cowen for permission to upload them here. The only question is the copyright of the drumhead. (Got it from Wikipedia) Could there be problems? And I'd also appreciate information about numbers and maybe names of the cars.
I've never uploaded anything to a site before, and - you see it from my flag - I'm not too familiar with your rolling stock as well as with your copyright laws. I'd like to do the paint job as good as I can, and don't want to violate any rules. When I can, maybe with your help, solve the issues, I'd be glad to give a little contribution back to the community I owe so much.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

@snowlover: The engine hasn't been released yet. We've just had the honor and pleasure of getting it for testing before the final release.

This post has been edited by streamline: 23 September 2008 - 04:59 AM

#7 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

streamline, on Sep 23 2008, 05:48 AM, said:

Hallo!
I think it wouldn't be a big problem to upload the cars. I'd just have to ask Richard Cowen for permission to upload them here. The only question is the copyright of the drumhead. (Got it from Wikipedia) Could there be problems? And I'd also appreciate information about numbers and maybe names of the cars.
I've never uploaded anything to a site before, and - you see it from my flag - I'm not too familiar with your rolling stock as well as with your copyright laws. I'd like to do the paint job as good as I can, and don't want to violate any rules. When I can, maybe with your help, solve the issues, I'd be glad to give a little contribution back to the community I owe so much.

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

I think it's safe to say that so long as you aren't making any money off of it, there shouldn't be any problems with anything off those copyrighted materials from those companies.

#8 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:56 AM

snowlover, on Sep 23 2008, 05:23 AM, said:

When I was reading posts in the forum this morning, I was astounded to discover the screenies of the 3751 because I had just been in the steam engine section of the downloads looking at the 2900s that were released in August. The 3751 was not there. Then went to the MSTS library and its not there either...at least not the correct version shown in these screenies. Can anyone tell me if this engine has been released and, if so, where it can be obtained? This engine, along with the new 2900s, represents a giant step forward for those of us who love the ATSF and like to operate steam locomotives. Thx for any help. jm

It hasn't been released yet. And that is up to Allen Norton to have them released. I so happen to be one of the guys that is testing for Allen Norton and also helped him in editing of those engine files. That is one of the reason why I have this engine. I am one of his beta testers for those.

Maybe if you ask nicely he'll release them.

This post has been edited by ED_4: 23 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

#9 User is offline   Nighthawk72 

• Hostler

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:18 AM

Hi Ed & thx for the reply. I suspected that the engine might still be in the beta stage because it did not appear anywhere else. Would never try to rush anyone into releasing something before they are ready to do so. I will, however, check the steam loco section every hour on the hour...just in case! Thx again for your help. jm

#10 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:32 AM

I went to see the 3751 run to San Diego Sun morning. What a sight!! pulling 24 private car consist

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users