Elvas Tower: Sky dome and cloud layer testing - Elvas Tower

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sky dome and cloud layer testing Probably more practical than domes with painted clouds Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#81 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 07 April 2024 - 12:16 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 07 April 2024 - 07:44 AM, said:

I congratulate you for the work done, I tried the program you attached, and I must say that a very superb job was done, I hope it is a good forerunner for other future graphic implementations!

While I'm at it, I want to point out that in "Desert" mode the TERRTEXTs become grey, obviously it would be a good thing if some ORTS developer included the files in the official version but I think you're already doing it

Thank you and thanks for testing the testing version, and the scenery desaturation function, something I did not go through after changing to weatherfiles, for looking at the settings it's at 0.2 and vegetation is at 0.5 so it's actually working.

For now you could just copy and rename one of the other weather files to desert and modify it into desert colors and save it, Weather type Clear has 1.0 so no change. You could also rename the Desert file into Clear and get desaturated clear.

The weather types relates to loaded textures for that type, the settings are interchangeable.
The Menu or the parameters sent to RunActivity decide witch textures are loaded and what file to look for, and if it should rain & snow.

I also think there is a float/int rounding error in particle size, the 1.5 becomes 1.0 after loaded from file, as opposed to first time from hardcoded settings.

Graphical improvement: I've just finished a Mix2Texture2D's as percentages function so maybe Sunrise/Noon and Sunset can have different base Skydomes.

Fun: I made The free camera rotate view toggle on right click instead of holding it down to look around and the toggle also disable the Y(up/down axis) to walk around in FPS mode keeping the same height above ground while looking down at the tracks or up in the sky, the arrow keys work like WSAD.
After all that sky watching I felt I wanted to get back to the train and walking around it and inspecting it, help a bit in that direction.

#82 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 07 April 2024 - 12:38 PM

View Postsingleman74, on 06 April 2024 - 02:20 PM, said:

The new sky is rocking my routes. I am loving what you have done. My hat off to you. Now we just need to work on the ambient lighting and the shadows.

Thanks!

I found out that if you adjust the Overcastfactor1 [ctrl+Insert/Delete] to negative numbers in the range -0.2-0.5 the light becomes brighter, some of the sky/scenery fog colors may overrun when doing that, and just needs to be turned down a bit.

#83 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 07 April 2024 - 04:52 PM

Attached Image: WeatherTypes_DebugKeys_V4.jpg

New version uploaded to the library at:
https://www.elvastow...ion-testing-02/

New Debug key: CTRL+F12 to toggle the Weather Editor related keys on/off.
To avoid changing a weather parameter while doing something else.

The updated Debug key pamphlet.
Attached File  WeatherTypes_DebugKeys_V4.pdf (1.49MB)
Number of downloads: 48
Sky Fog and Scenery was switch around in previous.

Page up/down has been switched around with the arrow up/down keys to better suit FPmode.
A quick video of that in action: Attached File  OpenRailsFPmode.zip (58.68MB)
Number of downloads: 33

#84 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 08 April 2024 - 09:03 AM

View PostErickC, on 29 March 2024 - 11:32 PM, said:

The NAVS environment sounds have separate storm_in.sms and storm_ex.sms files for rain storms, heretofore you needed to swap them for the "normal" rain SMS files to use them, but I wonder if the new settings could use them out of the box. Compared to the "standard" rain SMS files, the storm files have a few changes:

1. Two thunder streams were added, one close and one distant.
2. A separate stream was added for wind, since the wind should be much louder in a rain storm

I don't think it would be hard for me to combine the appropriate elements from the snow SMS files and the storm SMS files for a snow storm.

Seams like I forgot about this one, after looking into what NAVS was, still not sure, searching the manual shows nothing.

SMS: Please do, I made it ready for it. The released test versions has all sounds liked to weathertype sms files,
but what's in the sms are just copies from the other weather modes, so now modders can have a go at it.

If the sms files are not in the MSTS sound folder, the Open Rails log-file will show a warning.

#85 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 April 2024 - 04:26 PM

Searching the manual won't help because they don't list files by third-party developers in there as far as I know. The file is navs_env.zip at train-sim.com and was created as a replacement suite for the default MSTS environment sounds. I could upload it here as well, but I'm not sure there's an appropriate category in the library. I can test out your mod package when I get a moment. :)

#86 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 April 2024 - 08:28 AM

Hello, Erick
https://www.elvastow...rts-misc-files/

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic