• You cannot reply to this topic

Locomotive marked as missing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   im_tired 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:TRS22 Platinum

Posted 03 February 2024 - 05:33 PM

Hello all,
Recently I installed the FJ&G S2's from trainsim.com. When I enter them into the game, they come up as <missing: FJG_21> and I can't use them. I don't understand what I did wrong when installing as I followed the provided instructions, could anyone help?

#2 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 03 February 2024 - 06:49 PM

When you unzipped them did you just install that folder in the Trainset folder or did you open it and select the folder inside by the same name? I use Winzip and it puts the folder I want to zip inside a second folder with the same name. If you have installed that folder the game will open it, see there are is no eng file inside and shut you down.

Paul :-)

#3 User is offline   im_tired 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 February 2024 - 08:33 AM

View Postcharland, on 03 February 2024 - 06:49 PM, said:

When you unzipped them did you just install that folder in the Trainset folder or did you open it and select the folder inside by the same name? I use Winzip and it puts the folder I want to zip inside a second folder with the same name. If you have installed that folder the game will open it, see there are is no eng file inside and shut you down.

When I installed the locomotives I unzipped the folder directly to the trainset folder, and I then took the two .con files out and placed them in the consists folder. Is that correct? I just started using OR/MSTS yesterday, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

This post has been edited by im_tired: 04 February 2024 - 08:34 AM

#4 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 04 February 2024 - 09:02 AM

The FJ&G S2s that I have, from 2008, include a .exe in the zip.
You'll have to run that to install the locomotives.
After that you'll want to install the fixes, fjg_s2fx.zip. Also from Trainsim.
Attached Image: fjgs2.jpg

Randy

#5 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 04 February 2024 - 09:42 AM

Also,
Welcome to ET.

Randy

#6 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 04 February 2024 - 11:04 AM

No. What you need to do for any of my zip files is to unzip them, then open the folder and inside you will find a folder with the same name, copy that folder to your trainset folder.

Are you using the original version of the FJ&G and the original S-2s? I've never tried but the original S-2s may not work with the FJ&G v2 route or the CRKB_FJG. They both require the FJ&Gv2_Power.

#7 User is offline   im_tired 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 February 2024 - 06:34 PM

View Postcharland, on 04 February 2024 - 11:04 AM, said:

No. What you need to do for any of my zip files is to unzip them, then open the folder and inside you will find a folder with the same name, copy that folder to your trainset folder.

Are you using the original version of the FJ&G and the original S-2s? I've never tried but the original S-2s may not work with the FJ&G v2 route or the CRKB_FJG. They both require the FJ&Gv2_Power.

I'm using the original FJ&G route (https://www.trainsim...ewzip?fid=70797) and the original FJ&G S-2's (https://www.trainsim...ewzip?fid=69653). As for what you listed here I just tried again doing exactly that, and I'm still getting the same result.

#8 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:00 AM

Can you try again, when you open the route in Open Rail it will generate and post a Log file on your desktop. Can you post a copy here and will see what it says. Probably something simple.

#9 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 February 2024 - 04:29 AM

View Postcharland, on 04 February 2024 - 11:04 AM, said:

The original S2 set as Steve shows, does not conform to your later method of zips. To get the original set you have to run the exe file contained in the zip which is set to extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\FJ&G S-2s

To im_tired
As I do not know exactly what you have done so far, look in the folder that you extracted the zip file into. There you should see the exe file. Run that and then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET where you should find the FJ&G S-2s folder. Move that into your own trainset folder and the engines should no longer show as missing.

#10 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 February 2024 - 06:37 AM

Program Files (x86)
it's not good place for train sims
You can post *.eng-file here.
Sometimes #comments cause unreadability, so locomotive's file can't be parced by program.
LOG-file will tell nothing, if locomotive is declared as *MISSING - You won't be able to launch the game with it.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users