• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blender 4.0 Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#21 User is offline   christian 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:31 PM

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on this forum. I was a MSTS user about one decade and a half ago and I returned back to Open Rails a few months ago.
Im having an issue with the ORTS exporter from Blender, I don't know if this thread is the right place to post this issue.

Im about to export a basic cube and Blender show this logg:

"mesh object has no attribute calc normals".

I have the latest version (4.1), I read a similar issue in this forum but with an older version of Blender.
I was working on a station sign and then i tried with the basic cube in order to know if the issue keeps showing, and unfortunately it does.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advanced

Regards

#22 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:37 PM

I downloaded Blender 4.1.0 today and tested exporting the default cube and I get the same message as you. However I do not get the same message when performing the same steps in Blender 3.6.1

You will have to wait for someone who knows more about the exporter to answer your question.

In the meantime you can download previous versions of Blender the are available from https://builder.blen.../daily/archive/

If you download the .zip file instead of the MSI file this can be extracted to a separate folder and run without impacting other versions of Blender.

Hope this helps.

#23 User is offline   christian 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 March 2024 - 07:44 PM

View Postsuperheatedsteam, on 28 March 2024 - 07:37 PM, said:

I downloaded Blender 4.1.0 today and tested exporting the default cube and I get the same message as you. However I do not get the same message when performing the same steps in Blender 3.6.1

You will have to wait for someone who knows more about the exporter to answer your question.

In the meantime you can download previous versions of Blender the are available from https://builder.blen.../daily/archive/

If you download the .zip file instead of the MSI file this can be extracted to a separate folder and run without impacting other versions of Blender.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer, solved by downloading an older version. It works fine for me!
Thanks

Regards

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users