AMMETER Configuration Steeringcarriages & EMU/DMU Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 September 2023 - 10:34 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 September 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

Stijn,
I found a quick and dirty(or not?) fix for your problem. If you download and build my just updated source code, it should work now.
I inserted a check to recognize what could be "old style" control cars, that is if the supposed locomotive has MaxPowerW < 20000 and MaxForceN < 2000 and MaxContinuousForceN < 2000, it is considered an "MSTS" control car, and to it Simple Adhesion is applied (in fact Advanced Adhesion is essentially about motive forces, which are absent in a control car), and with Simple Adhesion the Ammeters work correctly.
To me the problem is closed here. I'm not sure whether this would be accepted or not for the official OR, so at the moment it remains only for ORNYMG.

Carlo,

Must i change something on the .cvf and .eng files for the test?

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 September 2023 - 11:15 AM

No, you don't have to change anything, but use the ORNYMG code I have uploaded today.

#23 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 23 September 2023 - 11:54 AM

Hello,

I have do that, but if you look too the difference between powered and steeringcar, the steeringcar ammeter gives not same info like if you drive on cab of powered piece.

When i drive in steeringcar, the AMMETER start good, but fals very faster too zero.

Example on 100 kmh:

* Bx => Engined piece stay on +/- 225A
* ABDx => Steering piece stay on +/- 20A

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 23 September 2023 - 12:14 PM

Stable OR 1.4 gives the same values as my modified ORNYMG. So my change has returned the Amps to the 1.4 original values in the Control car and has kept as they were in 1.4 in the motorized car. If they are different one from the other is another question that maybe you didn't notice up to now, that can be answered only by developers that have generated the forces calculation code.

#25 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 23 September 2023 - 10:07 PM

In the main version work on electric and diesel electric control trailers was never completed. AFAIK the only control trailers fully functional are diesel mechanical ones with Type A, B or C manual gearboxes. If any developer wants to pick it up there is scope to add diesel electric, electric and steam control trailers. Also to model the German control trailer system that is compatible with both electric and diesel hydraulic systems.

#26 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 23 September 2023 - 10:34 PM

View Postdarwins, on 23 September 2023 - 10:07 PM, said:

In the main version work on electric and diesel electric control trailers was never completed. AFAIK the only control trailers fully functional are diesel mechanical ones with Type A, B or C manual gearboxes. If any developer wants to pick it up there is scope to add diesel electric, electric and steam control trailers. Also to model the German control trailer system that is compatible with both electric and diesel hydraulic systems.

Hello.

That's right. Originally, the diesel worked well with the electric version.
So according to them, it is no longer good, only the diesel is mechanical?
I was going to ask if the electric locomotive version has since been developed, but @Darwins beat me to it.
I would add that only the locomotive-specific switches and instruments did not work in the version pushed by an electric locomotive. The air instruments of the brakes, speedometer, general switches were good.
I did not look at the newly introduced switches.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users