Elvas Tower: Features to include in official Open Rails - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Features to include in official Open Rails Help set priorities Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 March 2022 - 11:40 AM

The regular announcements for OR_NewYear_MG include an ever-growing list of features and bug-fixes that are not present in the official version of Open Rails.

The Stable version 1.4 of OR included the MonoGame graphics and the Stable version 1.5 of OR will include 64-bit compatibility. So two of the most significant features have made it into the official version recently. Now we need to know which feature should be included next.

You can help us to set priorities as follows:

Here is a question for everyone who is familiar with both the official version and the OR_NewYear_MG version:

1. What feature or bug-fix would you most like to see introduced into the official version?

And here is a supplementary question for everyone who prefers to use OR_NewYear_MG instead of the official version:

2. What is the key reason that you prefer OR_NewYear_MG?

#2 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 20 March 2022 - 12:51 PM

Hello!

I take this opportunity to comment here that in the latest versions NY Monogame, I no longer have problems to switch between the extreme cabs of a MU train or a locomotive. Until now, when trying to go back to the main cab, the simulator would lock up.

This is my main reason for switching to MG, but of course the ram memory handling is much better than in previous versions, and that, when trying to record videos, is great.

However, in all those versions, there is a random flickering of the light signals and also of the animated elements in the 3D cockpits. Another thing that still doesn't work well is the digital displays using a speed.ace file: it's impossible to place them inverted in the inverted 3D cockpit, they don't appear anywhere...

As for development suggestions, I have many, such as the inclusion of functional analog clock in the 3D cockpits, lightcab also, and another thing that would be great is to have functional bumpers. If I come up with anything else, I'll write it down here.

Thanks to all the developers for bringing Project OR to the pinnacle of collaborative railway simulation.

#3 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 20 March 2022 - 01:10 PM

I started using MG when ReShade first started to be an option. I also liked the 64 bit option.
I've just never used anything else since then. I don't know whether I use any of the other options/features or not. Probably.
I usually run around 8-10 versions behind so I'm not sure of some of the new features. I'm currently using v.113.

Randy

#4 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 March 2022 - 03:13 PM

At first, I'd mention camera 6 enhancement, which is neglected, so Carlo have stopped development of this feature.
Indeed, this is not only and not very important improvement, but I'll tell about other things later.

There might be:
Dynamic loading of objects and scenery- for weak machines.
New signaling scripts parser, speeding up the processing of signals in game.
Controls and instruments on the side views from the cab,
Support for "wet" textures when it rains.

#5 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2022 - 12:23 AM

View PostWeter, on 20 March 2022 - 03:13 PM, said:

There might be:
Dynamic loading of objects and scenery- for weak machines.
New signaling scripts parser, speeding up the processing of signals in game.
Controls and instruments on the side views from the cab,
Support for "wet" textures when it rains.

We're not looking for new features but ones already proved in OR_NewYear_MG which can be adopted by the official version.

Which of these features is already implemented in OR_NewYear_MG?

#6 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 21 March 2022 - 01:02 AM

Hi Chris, I use ORNYMG becase the improved memory management has made a significant improvement in loading and running large timetables. I like the decision to keep a full range of options in MG. Sure, the casual user needs a simple interface, but a range of options is a help to dedicated users. I think there is room for both versions.
ORNYMG takes the approach " I will do it if I can" Whereas Official OR says " You can`t have it, because you don`t understand the performance cost" Maybe my saying that is cruel, because a lot of ORMT hard work is not obvious to users.
This brings me to Carlo`s immense contribution. Very much appreciated. We are lucky to have his support.
Features? Shaders, lights, OR steam model, Timetable running starts, Timetable passing times.......
Thanks to all devs, Rick
Edit my post crossed Chris` above, but I let my wish list stand even though the items aren`t present in MG

#7 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 21 March 2022 - 01:55 AM

We're not looking for new features but ones already proved in OR_NewYear_MG which can be adopted by the official version.

Hello.

If we look at it, it’s nothing because there’s always a user who wants to accomplish something that the developer didn’t think of for some reason. But this always happens in the official version.
If we look at it, it is the ones listed. I would even add Cruise Control and the portability of the cab monitors.

2. A development recently "completed" a development. Carló asked the question, what should be the next direction? Animated loading became the winner.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#8 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 21 March 2022 - 03:10 AM

In my opinion, I think a good simulator should have these things in particular:

1: the use of more than 4GB of memory, and being able to use all hardware settings at the highest levels

2: compatibility with Nvidia option systems ( Of course, I would never rely on external programs like reshade or sweetfx to apply filters that would only slow down the program .. for me it is useless. )

3: A much better graphic rendering than the Monogame one, as the Monogame engine manages the transparencies and the rendering of the textures in a strange way that makes it lose detail.

4: Atmospheric rendering and improved graphics, with management of skydomes for each span of the day (Sunrise, Day, Day, Sunset, Night transitions)

5: Dynamic atmospheric events and phenomena, Lightning and rain with drops on the glass

#9 User is online   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 21 March 2022 - 06:09 AM

Regarding the supplementary question 2 - I mainly use ORMG because of the RailDriver support.

#10 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2022 - 07:06 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 21 March 2022 - 12:23 AM, said:

Which of these features is already implemented in OR_NewYear_MG?

Maybe they are actually new, but all of things were listed in MG 110+ features list, hence, all of them are likely implemented.
I'd add HUD scrolling, maybe.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users