Creating Activity Behaviors in Timetable Mode Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 March 2022 - 03:46 PM

Sure, they will.
As long, as Your project is intended to be published.
Otherwise, negotiation with route author(s) will be needed - to issue a patch, coming with Your timetables pack.

I'd at least ask them (if possible) about the reason (if it only was no by occasion), for them to place those markers in such odd manner.

This way, You may correct a missed mistake - for common benefit.

#22 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 March 2022 - 12:21 AM

View PostWeter, on 20 March 2022 - 03:46 PM, said:

Sure, they will.
As long, as Your project is intended to be published.
Otherwise, negotiation with route author(s) will be needed - to issue a patch, coming with Your timetables pack.

I'm in touch with Dave Babb, the owner of Making Tracks. He's been helpful to Open Rails in the past, so I hope he would be again.

#23 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 March 2022 - 02:06 AM

View PostGwyd, on 20 March 2022 - 01:12 PM, said:

I have also tried $extendplatformsignal, as well as $keepclear /rear=20 /force. These two do better but seem to give a similar result to each other, where the train stops around 30m short of the buffers.

Use $extendplatformsignal, and add /closeup to the $triggers command in the #dispose field. That will bring in the train closer to the buffer stops.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#24 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 22 March 2022 - 11:25 AM

None of the above appear to work, so I've settled with simply extending the platform markers for now since I already had TSRE installed. I still have my CD so can reinstall the route if need be. If anyone else with LSE can make a small timetable demonstrating this working I'd like to see it. At the terminus stations it's not a huge deal, since OR just teleports the train onto its path.

#25 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 25 March 2022 - 04:23 PM

I've been doing some research and I've found that there is some... interesting route geography on MT's LSE, to be expected from a 2004 route I suppose.
I discovered this when testing some services, and I reliably found the 3 minutes timing for Lewisham-New Cross to be very hard to keep up with. The route has London Bridge-Hither Green as a near dead-straight line all the way, where as in reality the line to Lewisham is almost straight but the line to Hither Green takes a rather sharp southerly turn. This funny geography has some rather funny implications, such as the notably straight Tonbridge-Redhill railway being, well, not straight. I've overlaid the map from the track viewer (black) on a map of the actual railway (pink)
Attached File  map.jpg (52.61K)
Number of downloads: 3
Anyway, I'll press ahead with the timetabling. The only slight issue is the inaccurate track layout in a couple of locations, namely Lewisham, where a 4 track arrangement with a double crossover has turned into a diamond crossing, means that not all the trains will necessarily work. Oh well. We'll see what comes of it

#26 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 March 2022 - 11:40 PM

I wish You success, Gwyd, as I have exactly the same problem with dilemma between real-life charts of different years and unperfect track work modeling, with which I have to work (I currently correcting some mistakes of route builder: at first, without touching tracks themself)

You are welcome for sharing gained experience of working around such issues.

What about posted map comparation, I feel disappointment, how inaccurate that payware add-on was with topographic base.
People paid their money for real-looking route, which prototype might be very familiar to some of them.
As a result, that's no possible to define real timetables on it...

Or did they posted a disclaimer, something as "this is only semi-real route/fictious route, based on ... network map"? That would be fair.

#27 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 26 March 2022 - 02:18 AM

That's why I always had my priority on track geometry rather than following coordinates on a marker file taken from google earth...
Now I have a Route with the correct milage, were I can establish working timetables.

#28 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 07 November 2022 - 05:43 AM

It's been a while, I'm still making (slow) progress on this timetable (up to about 40 train diagrams complete out of 250+). I have been working on services that join and divide, which has been fairly tricky (doing it the wrong way can make the game crash when driving the service, or make both trains disappear otherwise). I've worked out how I'm meant to do it now, and I'm trying to improve my paths (trying to create some sort of script that can automatically write a lot of them) and try using the $follow command on areas with bad congestion, even if this congestion is somewhat realistic. I'll try upload an "in progress" version of the activity soon if there's any interest.

#29 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 16 July 2023 - 10:31 PM

Hello all, I continue to work on this timetable. I'm currently 500 services in and I've hit a few issues. Two were related to signalling: a) I needed calling on signal behavior for some coupling maneuvers, but this was a fairly simple thing to do. b. there is one signal that, both before and after my OR signal scripting, seems to erroneously stay at danger (red). There are no other signals on the route which seem to do this. The signal is a 4 aspect protecting a single diverging junction, each with another 4 aspect signal behind it on each branch. Looking visually at the track there is nothing to block it, and looking at the path info of the train waiting at the signal it seems it should be free to go. The signal will usually wait until the station (London Bridge P6) is cleared by the train ahead before giving a green aspect. There are 3 signals between this signal and the occupied London Bridge P6, so it doesn't really make sense. See images attached, any help would be appreciated as it makes the timetable pretty congested.

Attached File(s)

#30 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 July 2023 - 01:33 AM

To find out what's happening, it would require to use the signal-script debugging functions which are part of the signal script processing.
Sadly, someone (not me!) changed the signal script code but did not properly update the code for the debug functions, which means these rather essential functions are no longer available.
Presently, due to this (serious) oversight, the program will no longer compile when these debug functions are activated.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users