• You cannot reply to this topic

Creating Activity Behaviors in Timetable Mode Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:24 AM

View Postrickloader, on 11 March 2022 - 05:19 AM, said:

Hi Gwyd! This seems a worthwhile project. As you are going to spend a lot of time on it...

Hi Rick, thanks for the suggestion, I might well look for a couple more thorough documents and see what I can find. Currently I'm hitting a couple of other snags, namely with route inaccuracies. The layout at Orpington appears to be from the 1992 upgrade works, as well as some missing points at Cannon Street preventing trains reaching certain platforms from Blackfrairs and Metropolitain Junction.

Current progress:
~13-14/52 2-EPB diagrams complete, including 1 train that runs from Grove Park to Bromley North and back 22 times. Other trains join and divide from these diagrams at various points (only 2-HAPs and 4-EPBs so far, but I think some 4-VEPs get involved too at some point). I'm also trying to work on a script that will automatically generate timings for me based on a few parameters, which should speed up my work flow, which will be needed since I estimate there are ~2500 services to write in.

#12 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:44 AM

When You copy particular train's column with timetable editor, You can refer time-shift before pasting it for other train.
This is effective, when those two trains follow exactly the same schedule, but in different time.

Defined time-shift, then will be added to every station's timing, saving You from routine of calculation and manually entering those new timings.

#13 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 15 March 2022 - 11:37 AM

I've had a bit of a problem, I think its to do with the dispose commands. I've attached the error message from the log below:
Spoiler

I believe that this was caused by the timetable editor by default setting the trigger command as $trigger /trigger=<train>, as opposed to $trigger=<train>. I opened the file in a text editor and did a find and replace on all the $trigger /trigger=<train> examples. I'm not sure why it does this, a bug prehaps?

#14 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 16 March 2022 - 06:54 AM

View PostWeter, on 12 March 2022 - 03:44 AM, said:

When You copy particular train's column with timetable editor, You can refer time-shift before pasting it for other train.
This is effective, when those two trains follow exactly the same schedule, but in different time.

Defined time-shift, then will be added to every station's timing, saving You from routine of calculation and manually entering those new timings.

I did not know about this feature. It's not on the manual... do you have an example, please?

#15 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 16 March 2022 - 11:46 AM

Hello, Rui.
I have definitely seen it in manual: there was said about services, running every... Say, half an hour (default sift length)
So, there is a second paste button at timetable editor's instrument bar. As You copy desired column and press it (paste shifted, IIRC) - the little dialogbox will appear, offering You to specify the shift time.

#16 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner

Posted 16 March 2022 - 12:51 PM

ah... oh... ok! In the timetable editor... :whistling:

#17 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 16 March 2022 - 02:48 PM

View PostWeter, on 15 March 2022 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hello.
Correct syntax must be:
$triggers=train

Yes, sorry it is $triggers=, but the timetable defaults to $triggers /triggers=, which appears in my experience to crash the loader.
I'm having more problems:
Since the crashes started, I've been keeping a closer look at the log file, and there are a lot of errors relating to passing paths.

On all paths between London Bridge and New Cross there are 2 parallel tracks that trains can equally use (with the odd exception). For Charing Cross trains, there are simply 2 tracks along side eachother. I thought that setting one track as the main path, then the other as the passing path would allow trains to pick whichever one was free. For Cannon Street trains, they can use the Up line (towards London), the Down line (away from London) or the reversible line, so the passing path is set to be down this two way track. The assumption is that if the main route is occupied, the train would go for this other route, in a bid to save being delayed. In my testing, this seems not to be the case, and the train will wait for the occupied platform when there is a free one on the passing path.

My other issue is at the termini: Charing Cross and Cannon Street both have pretty terrible platform markers, only covering about half the actual platform and ending a fairly large distance from the buffer stops. The AI trains stop so short in some cases that they foul the points on the station entrance. I can't work out which command I need to set to convince the AIs to pull all the way up to the buffers.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

#18 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 19 March 2022 - 10:42 AM

Hello.
Please, try to remove
$triggers /triggers=
It must be just
$triggers=train
$triggers is standalone command for #dispose row - it requires only new train's name, while /triggers is a qualifier for $attach/$detach commands.
So $triggers=train /triggers looks like wrong attempt for me.

For terminal platforms use $terminal command for whole station string or for individual trains.
You have to choose: whether You check an "Automatic Passing Paths Processing" in options menu, or manually define passing sections, while editing particular path.
These two measures don't work together - there must be only one solution picked. And for ORTS timetable mode, automatic processing of simple (not furcated) paths seems preferable.

#19 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2022 - 01:12 PM

I've tried $terminal, which just stops the trains at the end of the platform marker. This is good, but not ideal.

I have also tried $extendplatformsignal, as well as $keepclear /rear=20 /force. These two do better but seem to give a similar result to each other, where the train stops around 30m short of the buffers (see attached image, apologies for the .jpeg but I can't seem to upload a .png). The second image with red lines shows the approximate area where there is actually platform.
Attached File  CHX.JPG (23.12K)
Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  chx2.JPG (25.65K)
Number of downloads: 1

#20 User is offline   Gwyd 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 March 2022 - 03:38 PM

View PostWeter, on 20 March 2022 - 01:40 PM, said:

why don't edit markers, dragging their ends with TSRE?
by default, trains are trying to fit their miggle car with the center of marker

This isn't too hard to do but I worry that people may have unexpected results if they use the timetable with the original LSE route

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users