Elvas Tower: Diesel Mechanical Locomotive - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diesel Mechanical Locomotive Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 February 2022 - 04:46 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 14 February 2022 - 01:36 AM, said:

The GANZ transmission works in two steps, almost like a manual car transmission for a person. There is a zero position between two consecutive gears.
Is this possible?

Not yet. I hope Peter can work out a way to do this properly. We have identified two other gearbox types:

Type C - where the throttle must be closed by the driver before changing gears - this is like the Wilson self changing gear box that was very common on British trains.

Type D - as you describe with zero between gears - for Ganz and Renault gearboxes - for this the driver has to try to adjust engine speed before going into the next gear.

#22 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:49 AM

https://kephost.net/p/2022/07/6775_4ea8fea8bc5b.png

https://kephost.net/p/2022/07/8722_c490f30e26ba.png

Hello.

An error appears in the images.
The distance traveled is always this, the train weighs 700t. It never reached the set limit, maybe 1000-1200Rpm.
If I want to shift properly, I would have to wait until the speed drops back to idle, but it will slow down. The effect of the ORTSDieselEngines block is missing here. So I only waited for the shift until the controller (Throttle) spun back to zero due to Crtl + A.
I tried several times, the result was always this. Also on a locomotive. He first performed at the motorcycle I set up, then I still thought I had ruined something.
I used the file R305_Basic_B_friction eng because it was closest to my motor car. The wheels of the locomotive were constantly spinning in a standing position, the wheels of the wagons were gone. The latter is not tragic, I will just mention it.

The translation of "nem szám" in the picture: no number.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#23 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:03 PM

View PostLaci1959, on 14 February 2022 - 08:49 AM, said:

An error appears in the images.
Thanks for doing testing on this feature, as I appreciate your feedback..

However to investigate this issue more, I will need a lot more information, as otherwise I am only guessing at what could be happening.

Is it also possible to run OR in English for the purposes of the tests? It appears that you are able to speak both English and your native tongue, however sadly I am not as gifted. I am at a distinct disadvantage as I only speak in English, so it would good to see any material if possible in English.

Can you also provide a copy of the logfile so that I can look at it as well, as it might give me some clues. (Make sure that verbose messaging is turned on)

The distance traveled is always this, the train weighs 700t. It never reached the set limit, maybe 1000-1200Rpm.
What distance are you referring to?

Is the issue reproducible? In other words can you regularly get it to happen by following the same operational process?

What are the steps that you are following?

I used the file R305_Basic_B_friction eng because it was closest to my motor car.
So I assume that you have altered the configuration of the ENG file. At the moment I can't even guess at the changes.

My preference would be for you to use the rolling stock that I have provided (you can adjust the loads if you require - see the website where you downloaded from - as a late addition, I have indicated what stock to be used with the demo model). If you then send me the ENG and CON files that you are using, I can then quickly insert them directly into my test environment to try and see what is happening.

#24 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 February 2022 - 11:48 PM

Hello.

Úgy tűnik, Ön beszél angolul és anyanyelvén is, de sajnos én nem vagyok ilyen tehetséges.

I use Google Translate. Sometimes it translates good, sometimes incorrectly, misunderstoodly.

What distance are you referring to?

One of the pictures has it on it, with Hungarian inscriptions. Otherwise, it always does 110 meters. The identity of the environment appeared in the third or fourth test, so I turned on the distance measuring function (Shift Y).

Is the issue reproducible? In other words can you regularly get it to happen by following the same operational process?
What are the steps that you are following?

Unfortunately, yes, he always shows up at 110 meters.
I shift into forward gear, 1 gear, release the brakes and start.
1. I accelerate to 4.5mph, set the Throttlee to zero. I wait a bit for the turn to fall back, then shift into second gear and accelerate to 6mph.
2. When it reaches 6mph, I repeat the process. I tried to shift to third gear a little earlier, but it was the same.
I’m not sure, but I would have to wait until the engine speed drops to idle before shifting. This happens very slowly, as if there is no clutch.
I will also try the R305_Basic_B_frictionF version.

So I assume that you have altered the configuration of the ENG file. At the moment I can't even guess at the changes.

I never do that. For security reasons, I will always keep the original version. It can come in handy sometimes. It still came in handy.
First, based on the description, I tried my own motor car. After the third case, I made a consistency with 9 stacked charcoal carts for the version you released. I don’t think cars would cause the problem, but I will try it too.
Sincerely, Laci1959

#25 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:36 AM

I’m not sure, but I would have to wait until the engine speed drops to idle before shifting. This happens very slowly, as if there is no clutch.

With Type B gearbox the driver does not need to close the throttle or wait for the rpm to drop. The crankshaft should be automatically braked to the correct speed for the next gear and then the next gear will be engaged.

If you wish to make this happen faster you might want to adjust DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate ( 60 ).

Later for Type C gearbox the driver must close the throttle and wait for rpm to fall before choosing next gear.

For Type D gearbox there must be neutral between each gear so driver moves to neutral adjusts engine rpm and then moves to next gear.

Anyway I hope the bug can be fixed.

#26 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:47 AM

ORTSGearBoxType ( B ) - represents a semi-automatic pre-selector type gear box where although there is a break in tractive effort when changing from one gear to another, the engine speed is reduced by a shaft brake if needed, so that there is no need for the driver to adjust the throttle.

I thought this setting currently matches the manual transmission. I will also try the freestyle version ORTSGearBoxFreeWheel ( 0 ). This is a good example of an incorrect translation.
Thanks for the tip (DieselEngineMaxRPMChangeRate), I'll try it too. i think so many changes fit in, but there is a backup to record the original position.

#27 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:21 PM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

I made two videos. LOG and consistency included. Unfortunately, the freeze does not occur, so there is nothing in the LOG file. I tried several times, but it didn't freeze.
The consist.

#28 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:04 PM

View PostLaci1959, on 15 February 2022 - 03:21 PM, said:

I made two videos. LOG and consistency included. Unfortunately, the freeze does not occur, so there is nothing in the LOG file. I tried several times, but it didn't freeze.

Thanks for that, I can see the issue that you are highlighting.

Can you add the ENG file that you are using to this thread.

At the moment I am unable to duplicate the issue on my test environment, and therefore I cant work out what the problem might be.

#29 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:53 AM

Helló.

Sikerült elkapni a lefagyást. Csatoltam a LOG fájlt.

The eng files used.
A letöltött fájlokat mindig változtatás nélkül megőrzöm sablonnak vagy inkáb etalonnak használom. Most is csak a sebesség értékeket írtam át egy comment sorban.

Try to keep the speed in the green field if you need to decrease the throttle value. When it falls back a lot, increase it by gently throttling.
I’ve tried several Route to see if that’s the reason.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#30 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 February 2022 - 07:34 PM

View PostLaci1959, on 16 February 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

Try to keep the speed in the green field if you need to decrease the throttle value. When it falls back a lot, increase it by gently throttling.
I’ve tried several Route to see if that’s the reason.

I have had a look at both of the LOG files that you shared, and they both seem to have the same error in them.

The error appears to be related to the signalling code,

Error: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
   at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)
   at Orts.Simulation.Signalling.TrackCircuitSection.SetOccupied(TrainRouted thisTrain) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\Signalling\Signals.cs:line 6309

I suspect that this is creating an error with a calculated value (perhaps speed, for example), which then causes the model to behave in the way that it does. I am not sure whether this is a route or code problem. Or both?

Unfortunately I am not an expert in this area of the code, so hopefully a developer more skilled in this area of the code will have a look.

Thus I don't think that there are any issues with the model, but to prove the point, try running it in the CTN Test Route, and see if you experience the same issues. let me know if this produces the same issues.

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users