Platform Errors in Log Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:57 AM

View Postslipperman, on 19 May 2021 - 04:48 AM, said:

Hi Mick & Rob,

I, too, have nothing at the left of the display! If you click the drop-down list at the top RIGHT of the screen, next to your user name, the third entry is 'Messenger'!!

Cheers,
Ged

Not there either. Just profile, settings, friends etc.

Mick Clarke

#32 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 19 May 2021 - 12:12 PM

< Admin comment >

WRT sending personal messages, there are two ways to get to the messenger as shown below:

Attached Image: pm.jpg

The top half of the above image shows the pull down menu that is part of your display name as shown in the upper right corner. Open the pull down, select Messenger.

The bottom half of the above image shows an envelope icon in the avatar window of all users. Click on that and the messenger window will open and the recipients name will be pre-loaded in the send to box.

Hope this helps.

p.s. For those of you who have requested a notification e-mail when some one sends you a PM... PLEASE do not use reply in your e-mail reader. Your reply will NOT go to the person who wrote the e-mail. This is because the sender of the notification is the board itself, not the author of the PM. If you hit reply, you will be replying to the board... and since it doesn't know what to do with that it sends it on to me. After 18 years of properly dealing with this I have to be honest and tell you I'm burnt out enough to just delete it it.

So when you want to reply to that notification you must return tot he board software, enter messenger, and reply there.

#33 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:24 PM

As can be seen the dropdown menu does not show Messenger and there is no envelope icon in my avatar.

Attached Image: 2021-05-19 (1).jpg

Mick Clarke

#34 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

< admin comment >

For reasons completely unknown to me your capability to use messenger was turned off (odds are <2/1000th). That has been corrected. Sorry for any problems that may have caused.

#35 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:02 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 19 May 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

< admin comment >

For reasons completely unknown to me your capability to use messenger was turned off (odds are <2/1000th). That has been corrected. Sorry for any problems that may have caused.

Thank you. Messenger now appears in the drop down list.

Mick Clarke

#36 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 21 May 2021 - 01:59 AM

Update on Platform errors reported in OR log

I have now successfully removed all the errors, essentially by transferring the offending items into Empty Track Item entries.

I have also removed the Invalid Crossover that was reported in OR. This was done by an edit in TSRE5 deleting and replacing the crossover with a save after each operation.

This leaves just two blue pole orphan entries in the TDB and RDB. These I do not know how to tackle.

Duplicate station stops on single track runs has been reported as a problem on the TSRE5 forums OnRails.eu. This has not yet been resolved. It appears that MSTS AE does not make duplicate stops in the timetable except on very rare occasions.

I have found that removing the passing loop nodes in the track index by placing a set of points on one of the passing loops removes the duplicate stop issue even for TSRE5 AE.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#37 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 May 2021 - 02:50 PM

View Postsystema, on 21 May 2021 - 01:59 AM, said:

This leaves just two blue pole orphan entries in the TDB and RDB. These I do not know how to tackle.

It has been a while since I have had to remove blue poles, but I think the process that I followed was something like the following. (Note: This was using MSTS RE, so I am not sure how TSRE will work)

i) Identify the track pieces either side of the blue pole. This may require selecting the closest pieces to the blue pole that can be selected and then use these as a "guesstimate" to find the actual entries in the W file.

ii) Delete the relevant entries from the W file (I found it a good idea to save the entry in a text file). Start RE, and if you go to the blue pole you should see a missing track piece next to the blue pole (and just have database lines visible). This will confirm that you have removed the correct track entry. Make sure that you remove the entries either side of the blue pole (back to pieces that can be selected whilst in RE).

iii) Once you have removed the faulty track pieces run TSUtil (Change refs in TDB). You might also be able to do an Advanced TDB rebuild in RE as an alternative.

iv) Open RE and go to the blue pole location. Hopefully both the track and the TDB lines (and Blue pole) are now gone from the faulty location.

v) If the removed track entries are standard track pieces (ie not dynamic track items) they can now be pasted back into the W file. Open RE, and look at track pieces. They should have no TDB lines associated with them. Select them, and the lines should now appear.

Hopefully a process along these steps should help you to remove the blue poles. Naturally it goes without saying that you create a copy to work on first.

Perhaps you could confirm and document these steps (if they are correct and especially if you use TSRE) for other route builders with similar issues. Perhaps these steps could be recorded in a "Help" area on this forum?

@Dave any thoughts how this could be done so that people don't need to search through multiple threads to find the answer.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users