• You cannot reply to this topic

Platform Errors in Log Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:44 AM

Laci 1959,

We have tried the autofix and it does indeed clear the list of errors from TSRE5. However, there still remain some duplicate platforms even though nothing shows in the TSRE5 Error Log. It does clear some of the duplicate stops showing in an activity but not all.

Mick Clarke
MEC/MEP

#22 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 18 May 2021 - 08:04 AM

roeter, on 14 May 2021 - 03:37 AM, said:

Mick,

you can send me a PM here on Elvas Tower.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Rob, I feel a bit of an idiot but how do I send a PM? Not done one before on Elvas Tower.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#23 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 May 2021 - 12:31 AM

Hello Mick,

never mind - we've all been there ...

At the top left-hand of the screen there is a small field which displays your forum name. Click on this field, and a small list will pop up. Third from the top is 'messenger'. Select this and you will go to your message page. Click 'compose new', set recipients and subject and type text as you would do on the forum page.

Good luck,
Rob Roeterdink

#24 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 19 May 2021 - 01:58 AM

Hmmmmm... there is no field in the top left corner other than a non visible 'go to board index' link.

I have a field on top right for log in etc with my user name but this does not contain Messenger.

Mick Clarke

#25 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:09 AM

Mick

Look for your username on the left, just below the elvas tower forum path line.

#26 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:11 AM

:sign_oops: :burp: must have been sitting at the wrong end of my laptop :whistling:.
Don't know why you don't see messenger in there, perhaps Dave can shed some light on that.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#27 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 19 May 2021 - 03:26 AM

There's nothing there!

Attached Image: 2021-05-19.jpg

Mick Clarke

#28 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 19 May 2021 - 03:46 AM

systema, on 18 May 2021 - 07:44 AM, said:

Laci 1959,

We have tried the autofix and it does indeed clear the list of errors from TSRE5. However, there still remain some duplicate platforms even though nothing shows in the TSRE5 Error Log. It does clear some of the duplicate stops showing in an activity but not all.

Mick Clarke
MEC/MEP

Good afternoon.
Yes, it happened to me. A Platform left a mistake inside. I could fix it.
1. I selected the track element and removed it from the tdb file with the Z key (no yellow line above it). I then deleted the platform. I saved you. 2. After selection, I put it back in the tdb file with the Z key (the yellow line appeared above it). Then save again.
I was lucky because there was nothing on it. If so, they should also be removed at point 1. After that, of course, at point 2, back everything.
I still have 2 errors that I don't know what to do with. I guess it will be when he has to fall with Notepad now.
Laci1959

#29 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:39 AM

Update to error checking.

I have been delving into the TDB etc. The 10 errors reported by the OR log are also picked up by Route Riter in the route check facility. RR reports them differently and perhaps more logically.

It appears all the errors are caused by the platform TrItem not being referenced. I take that to mean not referenced in any of the Track Index (Track Node) entries in the TDB but they are in the Track Item Table section of the TDB which is similar to the TIT file.

The exception is ‘Foxton Down Platform’ and ‘Foxton Up and KX’. These are linked incorrectly to a signal and a speed post, but are in the Track Index section. Only one marker appears in Trackviewer for the these (left hand side of platform in Trackviewer at Foxton with high magnification to be able to see them.) They do not appear in the TSRE5 editor.

Each Platform should have two Platform Item Entries correctly linked to each other since the platform marker in the editor has two ends. The link is ‘PlatformTrItemData’.

I have checked new test activities through all areas with reported platform errors, in each direction, and all station stops appear OK with the exception of both Foxtons (obviously), Fleet 1 and 2 and Gedney 1. Fleet 1 and 2 and Gedney 1 are the platform names that appear in TSRE5 route editor and next platform in an activity.

Here is the crunch though, I think Fleet 1 and 2, and Gedney 1 duplicate station stops are not being caused by the lack of reference to the platform items in the Track Index section. I have run test activities through most of the single track sections of the route and several duplicate stops show for stations that apparently have no problems in the TDB.

I am hoping David Forrest is going to be able to check if the same sort of duplicates appear over single track runs if the Activity is created in TSRE5 and MSTS AE, but using the original MEP as the route.

Mick Clarke
MEC/MEP

#30 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 19 May 2021 - 04:48 AM

Hi Mick & Rob,

systema, on 19 May 2021 - 03:26 AM, said:

There's nothing there!

2021-05-19.jpg

I, too, have nothing at the left of the display! If you click the drop-down list at the top RIGHT of the screen, next to your user name, the third entry is 'Messenger'!!

Cheers,
Ged

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users