• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Platform Errors in Log Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:12 AM

Can anyone explain the following errors showing in the log file OpenRailsLog.txt?

Warning: Platform 'Royston Platform 2' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Royston Platform 1' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Foxton Up and KX ' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Foxton Down Platform' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Poppleton Up Platform' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Poppleton Down Platform' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Wisbech 2' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Holbeach' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Fleet' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

Warning: Platform 'Gedney' is incomplete as the two ends do not match. It will not show in full in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

View Postdforrest, on 12 May 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

Can anyone explain the following errors showing in the log file OpenRailsLog.txt?

Wow, Wisbech, Holbeach, Gedney are my local area. Wonder what this route is.

The Timetable Tab of the Map Window attempts to draw platforms as blue lines. If it can find one end but not the other, then it will draw a dot instead and leave this warning in the log.

If you want to send me the route, I'll try to find what's going on.

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

Platforms are defined in the .tdb file and always have two entries, for example :

PlatformItem (
			TrItemId ( 2352 )
			TrItemSData ( 12260.3 00000002 )
			TrItemRData ( -17.303799 51.404041 417.57611 -10469 14726 )
			PlatformTrItemData ( 00000000 2353 )
			PlatformName ( "Platform" )
			Station ( "Burnt Island" )
			PlatformMinWaitingTime ( 30 )
			PlatformNumPassengersWaiting ( 5 )
		)
		PlatformItem (
			TrItemId ( 2353 )
			TrItemSData ( 12455.9 00000002 )
			TrItemRData ( 130.146 51.404041 546.08099 -10469 14726 )
			PlatformTrItemData ( ffff0000 2352 )
			PlatformName ( "Platform" )
			Station ( "Burnt Island" )
			PlatformMinWaitingTime ( 30 )
			PlatformNumPassengersWaiting ( 5 )
		)

In this example, the first entry for this platform has TrItemId 2352, the second has 2353.
The field PlatformTrItemData in the first item references the TrItemId of the second item (2353), and the PlatformTrItemData in the second item references the first item (2352).
The errors as shown above occur if these references are incorrect, that is the reference in one or both of the items in the PlatformTrItemData field is not a reference to the other item. This is a clear .tdb error.
If you are building this route, my advice would be to remove all platforms as listed in the error list and then reinsert these.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#4 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:43 PM

I have had a look at the TDB and can confirm there are errors.

However the Platform names and markers do show correctly on the map. This is because there are corresponding entries which are correctly referenced, but there are rogue entries for similar named platforms with incorrect references. I don't know how this has come about.

I have previously tried deleting the platform marker and redoing it but the error still shows in the log. Presumably because the rogue platform items have not been erased. Therefore I am not sure how to proceed. I do not not want to manually delete the rogue items from the TDB as I am sure this will completely mess it up.

Chris, for your information the route in question is MidEastCoast which is an upgrade to MidEastPlus and already included Holbeach etc.

There are some other errors noted in the log which I do not understand, about an Invalid crossover and 2 invalid tracknode pins. The pin errors are ignored by OR.

Warning: Invalid crossover : indices 4521 and 4520 : equal section : 8444

Warning: Ignored invalid track node 2471 pin [0,0] link to track node 0

Warning: Ignored invalid track node 2478 pin [0,0] link to track node 0

Chris, I will send you a copy of the route so you can take a look. This will probably not be before tomorrow evening.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#5 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:04 PM

I have just checked the route in Trackviewer and it shows all the platform names correctly as intended. I will check if an activity works using some of these platforms.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#6 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

View Postsystema, on 12 May 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

There are some other errors noted in the log which I do not understand, about an Invalid crossover and 2 invalid tracknode pins. The pin errors are ignored by OR.

Warning: Invalid crossover : indices 4521 and 4520 : equal section : 8444

Warning: Ignored invalid track node 2471 pin [0,0] link to track node 0

Warning: Ignored invalid track node 2478 pin [0,0] link to track node 0

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

Hi Mick

I know for certain, the Invalid Crossover entry is a crossover placed incorrectly, or it contains an extra black node. Find the crossover in track viewer and note the location. Go into route editor and delete the crossover, if using MSTS Route Editor, there will be a window to delete "crossover markers", delete that as well. Save and exit R.E. Reload R.E and place the crossover back. The crossover invalid entry should be fix. As you well know, backup the route before starting this.

I had eight invalid and incomplete crossovers in a modified route, and all are now fixed.

Invalid Track nodes! These are most probably "Blue orphan poles". Again in Track viewer note the location, then view in R.E. I have eight of these errors, four track and four roads. ATM, I'm reading the TDB Primer by member SDTrains https://www.uktrains...m_fileid=22427. As BOPs are more complicated to fix!

Thanks

#7 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:39 PM

I set up an activity through some stations with incomplete platforms. Trackviewer shows no problems, only one platform can be seen. However the timetable in TSRE5 shows duplicate stations for these incomplete platforms. Its not possible to know which is the rogue entry in the timetable. I will check next to see if it makes any difference which station stop I choose. Leaving both in as a stop totally confuses OR as to which station has been visited.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#8 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:18 AM

Have you tried the option "TrackDB Items" (under View list) in TSRE?
This shows up all Track DB Items as black squares. It could well be this will also show these rogue platform markers, which would allow you to remove all markers and clean up the track data base.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#9 User is offline   systema 

• Fireman

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:03 AM

View Postroeter, on 14 May 2021 - 12:18 AM, said:

Have you tried the option "TrackDB Items" (under View list) in TSRE?
This shows up all Track DB Items as black squares. It could well be this will also show these rogue platform markers, which would allow you to remove all markers and clean up the track data base.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Thanks for idea Rob. Unfortunately it does not work. No black rogue markers are shown.

Mick Clarke
MEP/MEC

#10 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:28 AM

Ah, bad luck.
Then, I fear, there is nothing else to do but manually remove these roque entries from the .tdb. Leaving these as they are will cause serious problems. For activities, where the editor creates the station list, you may perhaps be able to circumvent this by selecting a particular entry, but in timetable mode this will even be more complicated.
I trust Chris will be able to edit the .tdb but if not I am willing to help out. I have edited the .tdb file of my own route plenty of times and it still works.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users