Elvas Tower: Planning area of the ETCS DMI - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning area of the ETCS DMI Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#91 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:42 PM

Hi César,
thanks for your flexibility.
I have a counterproposal, that is adding a new optional parameter in the Speedometer Digital to select whether the UoM must be displayed or not.
If it is not complex for you, this does not exclude the existence of your new ORTS_ETCS Control.

#92 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:01 AM

Hi César,
I tried using your new ORTS_ETCS control, and was able to adapt it, except for a point: I'd need that also the menu may be optionally disabled (in particular the display of it, including the right-hand vertical menu, but possibly also the commands). I hope this can be implemented.

I also ask you some questions about how to use menu and text messages, in case I (or someone else) will want to use them:
1) is it possible to internationalize the menu strings?
2) how does the TCS script get back the data entered?
3) re text messages, what is the command to let a text message disappear?

#93 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:51 AM

For menus and data entry windows, I'm still thinking about the best way to create an interface. For example, some locomotives use the ETCS DMI to control other train components, so the menu bar has to be flexible. This includes of course displaying it or not, and enabling and disabling all the buttons.
I'm thinking in this: the TCS sends a list of menu items to be shown, and whether they are enabled. After that, if the driver selects one of the options, the TCS will be informed (I have to decide how). Regarding data entry windows, when the driver validates all data, a list of strings will be sent back to the TCS with the entered values. The most problematic thing I've found is how to merge DMI internal menu entries together with TCS controlled ones.

About localization, I think I'll let it to the TCS, because there are several variations of the texts displayed, even in the same language. For example, the Override menu is called Suppress in some DMIs.

You can add a message to the DMI display queue by adding it to the ETCSStatus.TextMessages list. It will stop being displayed as soon as it is removed from that list. For messages that need to be acknowledged, the Acknowledged variable will be set to true for the acknowledged message, in the ETCSStatus.TextMessagesList.

Re the Units in the Digital() circular speed gauge, is it OK for you if Units (NONE) uses metrical units but doesn't display them?

#94 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:01 AM

Hi Cesar,
I start from the end: re Units(NONE) your proposal is OK.
About localization, your proposal is OK to me.
About displaying or not menu data I let you think :) At the moment I only need to disable and let the menus being invisible to publish our HST.

#95 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:43 AM

I've reverted the Digital() control to the previous state, so the full DMI is rendered with this control again. Units(NONE) will hide the speed units. The ORTS_ETCS control is still usable, and is the preferred way to render the DMI, as will eventually allow more configuration.

I have almost finished the interface for menus and data entry windows, but I want to think a little more about it. I removed the menu bar until I'm sure that this interface is good.

#96 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:49 PM

César,
all what you did today was really kind of you!
With the disabling of the menu that you have introduced, and the adaptation work I did today I'm now able to use also your ORTS_ETCS control, and being it the recommended standard, I'll continue with it, provided it will always be possible to disable menus.

#97 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 21 December 2020 - 01:44 AM

César,
starting from your commit dated 17/12/2020 you have created a separated class TTIandLSSMArea for the TTIndication and TTPermitted square. However it seems to me that that class is never called, and in fact I don't see the TTIPermitted square displayed.

#98 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:12 AM

I'm sorry, I forgot to add it when I refactored the code to share drawing primitives. It's corrected now.

#99 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:17 AM

Thanks César for fast reaction.

#100 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 December 2020 - 11:13 AM

That's all OK now, I only noticed a minor point: the planning area zoom icons (+ and -) remain visible also when the planning area isn't enabled, and even when running with the national system. Could you link their visibility to the visibility of the planning area (absolutely no hurry for this)? If it is not possible, I'll mask them out when not under ETCS.

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users