Elvas Tower: Planning area of the ETCS DMI - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Planning area of the ETCS DMI Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#101 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

You're right, and the same thing happens with the buttons to scroll text messages. I have corrected it, but I won't be able to test if it works until tomorrow. It was certainly my intention to hide the whole area, but when I separated the buttons in order to have a nice "Pressed" animation I forgot to add the visibility.

#102 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 December 2020 - 05:33 AM

Hi César,
following to this compatibility problem http://www.elvastowe...post__p__266527 you might return to your original idea, that is that the Digital() Control with the Needle() field only enables the circular gauge and not Planning and so on. I at my side have already made the change to the ORTS_ETCS control.

Sorry for double work.

#103 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:08 AM

Another option could be disabling the planning area for the MSTSTrainControlSystem, but if you have already migrated your cvf to the ORTS_ETCS control then I think it's better to disable everything else for the Digital() control so we don't have to worry about it in the future.

Edit: I uploaded the commit with the fix.

#104 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:48 AM

César, thank you.

#105 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:16 AM

cesarbl, on 28 December 2020 - 06:08 AM, said:

Another option could be disabling the planning area for the MSTSTrainControlSystem, but if you have already migrated your cvf to the ORTS_ETCS control then I think it's better to disable everything else for the Digital() control so we don't have to worry about it in the future.

Edit: I uploaded the commit with the fix.

I agree about putting the DMI on a completely separated control.
But I don't know if you have an option to display either the complete DMI or without the planning area.
This is needed because the DMI from Ansaldo/Hitachi used on TGV/ICE/KTX don't have the planning area. Instead, they have added a backup DMI.

#106 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:34 AM

The TCS interface provides a number of variables to configure what is to be shown in the DMI, for example: distance to target, time to indication, speedometer, planning and text message areas. This allows displaying national system information, which was already implemented by Carlo for the SCMT. However, if the areas that are shown depend on the manufacturer, maybe an additional parameter should be added in the .cvf so the TCS script doesn't have to bother with the differences between manufacturers. What will be more difficult is to provide different themes for each manufacturer.

#107 User is offline   Luis 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 29 December 2020 - 03:26 PM

cesarbl, on 28 December 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

The TCS interface provides a number of variables to configure what is to be shown in the DMI, for example: distance to target, time to indication, speedometer, planning and text message areas. This allows displaying national system information, which was already implemented by Carlo for the SCMT. However, if the areas that are shown depend on the manufacturer, maybe an additional parameter should be added in the .cvf so the TCS script doesn't have to bother with the differences between manufacturers. What will be more difficult is to provide different themes for each manufacturer.

wow so nice, do you have such a scrip? would like to test :) so awesome what you're doing there.

#108 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:49 AM

Hi Luis,
Carlo is working on ETCS L2 and AFAIK it is in an advanced stage of development.

Speaking from my side, I have an external program, which can be interfaced with OR, that provides around 85% of the functionality of the standard ETCS in levels 0 and 1. However, it requires to install eurobalises in the route, as well as putting speed signals before all junctions, so there is some work to do to get it working. I have the intention to implement level 2 too, but I need a lot of time to do it, so I won't do it soon.

#109 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:24 AM

I have sent my ETCS L2 script to the author of the HS train. This should be published in reasonably short time, and so there will be an example of the usage of César's functions.

#110 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:22 AM

It is good to see you guys are having fun in developing these features! It is also a good feeling to me that the old circular speedometer got incorporated and was useful for this advanced ETCS driving device. At the time added that I was rebuked for it, but still think the ETCS should be a standard part of OR, and I would encourage you César, to file a PR of it. Happy New Year to all of you!

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users